The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/3/2006 7:25:00 PM

I am in love with this body butter. I put it on before I go to bed at night & wake up with satin soft skin. It's amazing and the scent is to die for, especially during the summer. It is so fresh, sweet & creamy...the scent actually reminds me a little bit of orange sherbert. The packaging is nothing to write home about but who cares if it's pretty if it works this well? It's worth every penny & I will definitely repurchase.

on 6/28/2006 9:12:00 AM

This is my third jar of body butter from the body shop (i've tried Papaya and Grapeseed) and I'm really pleased with Satsuma. It has a lovely tangerine/orange-scent, I agree with people saying it smells like pez or candy. It is a really sweet, and quite strong smell, but I love it and my boyfriend likes it as well, so it's no problem. I don't find it overwhelming either, it's just a fruity summer fragrance. In the summer my body is addicted to body butter, especially when I have been in the sun or I got a sunburn. I like storing it in the fridge and putting it on after a long hot day on the beach, it just melts into the skin and drenches the dried or burned parts. My skin appears dewy and moisturized and smells great. Love this stuff!

on 6/10/2006 10:38:00 AM

Wow, is this sweet. I put a little on and it overwhelmed my nose with its orange-koolaid sticky sweetness. WOW. And I am a fan of Pink Sugar, for example.
I don't dislike the smell of Satsuma, but it's certainly strong. I would use this to sweeten up an extremely dry, bitter fragrance (which I never really wear)

I guess I'll keep this if I'm REALLY REALLY REALLY in the mood for something sweeeeet and orangey. It could happen.

on 5/31/2006 11:52:00 AM

I just purchased this on my lunch hour and I must say I love it even more than the lotion. Rich and creamy and moisturizes nicely without being greasy. The scent is so uplifting - I am addicted to the whole line!

on 5/8/2006 4:50:00 PM

There's something i love about the satsuma scent..I was so glad to see they finally made a body butter in this fragrance. However, although I initially really liked the scent I find it is not something I want for everyday use, maybe every once in a while. The scent is VERY strong and Long Lasting, so if thats what your looking for, your in luck. I'd just not really smell THAT orangey everyday, and would rather use the body wash where the scent is uplifting at first, but doesn't really last. My sister also liked this body butter at first but within an hour of applying she got a massive headache because the scent was so strong, you can really smell it 15 feet away. So make sure you really like the scent before purchasing. The mosturizing properties aren't bad, but this doesnt quite cut it for my moderately dry skin. All in all I think i'll stick to other things in the satsuma line,and won't repurchase this, this one was too overwhelming for my tastes.

on 4/6/2006 12:26:00 PM

This is the newest Satsuma product and I must say it's about time! I love the scent - it smells like orange Pez candy - sweet, tart and very orange-y. The scent is quite strong - and lasts. So much so that the only fragrance I can wear when I use this is a vanilla musk as it mingles with the orange and produces quite a nice scent. The texture is very similar to the Coconut Body Butter, but not as moisturizing (it is labeled for normal skin). It is a light gel cream. Sinks in easily and makes my skin very soft, with a slight non greasy sheen. Perfect for all except the driest of skins. And the smell is a real pick me up when you are down. I don't know what it is about oranges, but it smells happy. I am a vanilla addict so it is very unusual for me to fall in love with an orange scent. But there you go!