July 25, 2014 | 1980 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a small jar of this product as part of a Clarins christmas lights pack, which included a few lip glosses etc. With my oily T-zone, big pores and little pit scars on my nose, I'm always on the lookout for something which can mattify and/or even my skin surface. This product failed at both accounts. There was no difference in oil control or pore filling (under make-up). Threw it out as was completely useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use primer over my entire face everyday. This is a good product, but not for that. It's smooth and definitely fills in lines and pores and makes makeup smoother, but it's not a pretty small amount at a pretty big price to use everyday. However, if you only need to use it on small areas, I think it's good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lulu3061

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It's smooth, makes my skin feel great and my make-up go on smoothly. It's kind of pricey but a little goes a really, really long way so it lasts for a very long time. I've re-bought this as well as recommended it to people so I must like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this ages ago but only to use it under my eyes so it could smooth out the fine lines that I have at the age of 19! But it didn't actually do anything for that. I love the texture of this stuff though its mega smooth! I also decided to give a go on the whole of my face but it just made my skin look dull and dry, I only like the idea of using a primer to make my make up last longer and not to mattify as I have dry skin anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kare28bear

The texture is silky smooth and goes on great. The jar is very small, and I am more into getting more for the buck, but you don't have to use a whole lot each time. For now I will use it, but I plan to find some others to experiment with that may score a perfect 5 for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I generally love Clarins but when I tried this product, it caused a rosacea flare up that made my face hurt so much that I had to take aspirin to get rid of the pain and try to get the inflammation down.

If I could, I'd give this a zero.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As far as primers go, I really like this one. This one gives a little correcting as it neutralizes the skin & primes it at the same time. If you had perfect skin you could almost use this alone when you don't want to wear makeup. It is mattifying and makes your skin smooth and is the one of the better primes although sometimes I wonder how much any primer makes a difference in the final product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by CandyRain9247

For the price, I wanted to give it a 3.5, so I just rounded it up.

Packaging was simple but nice.

Overall Rating was 4 because I wished the jar was bigger! Hahaha because I just love it!

I tried Laura Mercier and I didn't even see the difference on my face. I was quite uncomfortable at the idea of having a liquid primer.

When I tried Clarins, I was just amazed. It's not liquid, and thank God it wasn't solid either. Hahaha!

It was just like a cute pink cream. Whenever I put it on, it just glides and makes my face look more flawless compared to the other brands. I have to admit that I am very very careful with products I put on my face because I have sensitive skin. So I like having Mineral Foundations, Clarins, Clinique, and dermatologically or opthamologist tested products.

It really makes my skin look relaxed and sometimes, I don't even need to put foundation on because it just makes my skin look more natural.

I will seriously buy this product again!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by peppermintpea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for about a year now but I only use it to plump up those fine lines in my brow area, nose and lip area, and under my eyes before concealer. I would never use this all over my face...to me it does not spread it needs to be patted in. I just bought the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base..this I will use on the rest of my face. I will update after using for awhile :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

Among other primers (MAC, Clinique, Loreal), this one gives me the best oil control together with Revlon's Colorstay liquid foundation for Combination skin. The pinkish gel-creme (no shimmer) is easy to apply and blend out. It does cover the smaller pores and lines, and for the bigger pores, it reduces the size. I have used it for a month now, no breakouts, itch or redness. Love love love this. Definitely will buy again !