September 1, 2014 | 1562 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by lndsmith

I initially bought this on the recommendation of someone who used it mainly for her under eye area to smooth the fine lines. I used it for that sole purpose for a month. To be honest, I really didn't see much of a difference in its effectiveness to smooth the fine lines and wrinkles.

However, upon reading all of the reviews here on makeupalley, I had been totally disregarding the fact that this was basically a primer for the entire face, of which I had not yet tried. I read that it was amazing for reducing large pores so I decided to use it for that purpose (as opposed to all-over face coverage as it is pricey) and O.M.G. Almost instantly, the pores on my nose and inner cheeks (nearest my nose) literally disappeared before my eyes.

Now I know, realistically they didn't actually shrink, but rather this primer "filled" the pores that allowed the surface to evenly smooth out. I then took it one step further and applied my foundation (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid) to just the area I applied the product and waited a few hours (it was a weekend) to see how it fared and like magic, I didn't see any obvious huge pores.

Through osmosis, since my skin is naturally oily on the nose, there was some sight of pores, but not anything like usual where they're jumping out at you.

I think this will be my new primer for the nose/inner cheek/between the eyebrows area since that is where my most noticeably large pores are...for the rest of the face, I use Smashbox Photo Finish Light (which hasn't been effective in the large pore areas).

Since this product seems to be hit or miss with people on this site, I don't know that I'd 100% recommend it for just anybody - but it certainly wouldn't hurt to get a sample or the smaller size container just to try it out.

This product only gets 4 lippies due to it's high price for the amount of product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by maithy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I dont like it at all, Its color is sheer light beige, its almost invisible on ur skin, So I dont think it can lighten ur face as all primers do. This is somewhat useless, it fills the small pores as any silicone base can do (clogging pores is exactlier) and also run off easily, Thats all ! I rather use a moisturizer for that purpose or Clarins Instant Smooth foundation (alike texture of this) to covers pores, make skin flawless n even just one step. If I use this primer as they called, then apply foundation n powder (oh gosh), that just make my make up heavy n thick. Maybe they ll stop launching this useless product

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by rediska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a small jar of this product as part of a Clarins christmas lights pack, which included a few lip glosses etc. With my oily T-zone, big pores and little pit scars on my nose, I'm always on the lookout for something which can mattify and/or even my skin surface. This product failed at both accounts. There was no difference in oil control or pore filling (under make-up). Threw it out as was completely useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use primer over my entire face everyday. This is a good product, but not for that. It's smooth and definitely fills in lines and pores and makes makeup smoother, but it's not a pretty small amount at a pretty big price to use everyday. However, if you only need to use it on small areas, I think it's good.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lulu3061

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. It's smooth, makes my skin feel great and my make-up go on smoothly. It's kind of pricey but a little goes a really, really long way so it lasts for a very long time. I've re-bought this as well as recommended it to people so I must like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2010 2:51:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this ages ago but only to use it under my eyes so it could smooth out the fine lines that I have at the age of 19! But it didn't actually do anything for that. I love the texture of this stuff though its mega smooth! I also decided to give a go on the whole of my face but it just made my skin look dull and dry, I only like the idea of using a primer to make my make up last longer and not to mattify as I have dry skin anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kare28bear

The texture is silky smooth and goes on great. The jar is very small, and I am more into getting more for the buck, but you don't have to use a whole lot each time. For now I will use it, but I plan to find some others to experiment with that may score a perfect 5 for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I generally love Clarins but when I tried this product, it caused a rosacea flare up that made my face hurt so much that I had to take aspirin to get rid of the pain and try to get the inflammation down.

If I could, I'd give this a zero.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As far as primers go, I really like this one. This one gives a little correcting as it neutralizes the skin & primes it at the same time. If you had perfect skin you could almost use this alone when you don't want to wear makeup. It is mattifying and makes your skin smooth and is the one of the better primes although sometimes I wonder how much any primer makes a difference in the final product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by CandyRain9247

For the price, I wanted to give it a 3.5, so I just rounded it up.

Packaging was simple but nice.

Overall Rating was 4 because I wished the jar was bigger! Hahaha because I just love it!

I tried Laura Mercier and I didn't even see the difference on my face. I was quite uncomfortable at the idea of having a liquid primer.

When I tried Clarins, I was just amazed. It's not liquid, and thank God it wasn't solid either. Hahaha!

It was just like a cute pink cream. Whenever I put it on, it just glides and makes my face look more flawless compared to the other brands. I have to admit that I am very very careful with products I put on my face because I have sensitive skin. So I like having Mineral Foundations, Clarins, Clinique, and dermatologically or opthamologist tested products.

It really makes my skin look relaxed and sometimes, I don't even need to put foundation on because it just makes my skin look more natural.

I will seriously buy this product again!