April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Studio Fix in NC45 & I have a love-hate feeling about it. This foundation is a lot better than most others I've worn but with my oily skin, it's not the best; I was oily & shiny-looking after only a few hours... yes, even with priming & setting. For me, it didn't wear long at all & that's frustrating because it offers the best coverage & it's easily buildable.

I find that it does oxidise a little darker than the colour it looks when you first apply it. In regards to the packaging, it could be a lot better. First, this foundation would be a lot better if it already came with pump because the foundation is pretty thick/heavy. Because it doesn't have a pump the product tends to get all over the inside of the lid & top of the bottle which we all know is a nightmare.

I decided I'm going to keep using Studio Fix & just wear it on days I'm not going to be out long. The very first time I wore it I received two compliments, so I'm going to experiment & see if trying different primers, setters, powders, etc. will help improve the wearing time. If you have oily skin, I don't recommend it unless you have a good primer!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by MarJH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG!!!! Finally! I can't believe I haven't tried this before. I have used the studio fix powder and liked it but still me oily. I purchased this with the MAC blot powder and after a long day skin looks flawless! No oil! I've tried every matte foundation powder and liquid foundation out there from drug store to $$$$$ and this is by far the best!!! My only complaint is the bottle I wish it were a pump :).

I changed my review after using it for a month it started making my skin look dull. It did provide matte coverage but I like a more natural look and It felt too thick on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by fatima1087

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My shade in good times is NC42, and its as yellow as i want it to be <3 !! I simply love it. They come in many different shades from pink to yellow pale to dark! that's why they're great!
Coverage wise it has a medium to full coverage and lasts almost all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mindofmikey1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have dry skin sometimes normal/combo but I am definitely on the more dry side. I grew up having some eczema and I've always aimed for a more dewy hydrated look. This foundation has amazing coverage, it's buildable and suits dry skin and oily skin depending on how you apply it, whether you moisturize or not and if you use setting spray. Even though this foundation is more of a matte finish, I moisturize well when I know I am going to use this foundation for the day and than I sometimes use my MAC setting spray to make it look hydrated. I however have found it to oxidize a bit, I've had my current bottle of this for about a year because I'm one who always switches foundations and enjoy trying new ones. I always come back to this though. It is too heavy for everyday wear but perfect for a night out or a day you just wanna look real nice. The packaging is nice, the only downfall is you have to purchase a pump seperately. The consistency is thick and it's not hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

My new HG foundation! I'm nc 37 and I have really oily skin with a dry patch on my chin and it makes my skin flawless! It last a very long time. I have no transfer and it looks better like a hour after I applied it. For only 30$ a bottle it's worth it. It'll last me a couple months! Good job Mac

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in NW13. This shade is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have been looking for a fair and yet pinky foundation that matches my complexion for 10+ years. This shade is perfect for those who are pale but have some pink in their skin tone, in other words, fair but not stark milk white.
As for other qualities- it covers pretty well. I need to use a concealer for any obvious blemishes that I have but this alone will make my skin look even and take away red splotches. I can see how it would be a little too oily for summer but I have yet to wear this during hot weather. I have noticed that it doesn't look terribly wonderful whenever I sweat a bit. However, I like that it is sort of thick because it doesn't seem to accentuate dry patches. I hate dry patches.
It hasn't made me break out yet. The smell is not offensive. The only negatives I have experienced so far is the bottle (I am going to have to break down and buy a stupid pump) and the price (for me, it's pricey. But for department store brands, it's pretty good). I can't give it 5 lippies because I only reserve that for nearly perfect products, but it definitely deserves four which means pretty darn good in my rating system.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this foundation better than the other Mac foundations I've tried. I wish I would have bought this again instead of going back to the Pro Longwear (which makes my face cakey). I'll admit it makes your face a little oily, which I can handle because it stays on my face all day. All I have to do is finish with some powder. It doesn't accentuate every pore on my face and blends easy. I don't have to put 2 or 3 layers on like I do with the Pro Longwear. The only gripe I have is the packaging. I'd suggest you buy the pump they offer or you will have the hardest time getting it out of the bottle and you'll end up wasting a lot. I bypassed on buying the pump because it was $8 and thought that was pretty pricey especially combined with the price of the foundation. BUY IT! I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get the foundation out of the bottle. I had a leftover pump from the Pro Longwear, but guess what? It doesn't fit on the Studio Fix bottle. This is how they get you to buy more stuff. I am disappointed about that!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have almost used up my first bottle of this foundation. I have a back up already. I think this is very good foundation. I like the finish and the coverage. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but a medium buildable coverage. I have rosacea and I find that this covers my redness pretty well. But I don't think it looks heavy on my face. I always set it with a loose powder and am very pleased with the finish. I have combination skin and am satisfied with the staying power. I have fairly sensitive skin but do not notice any ill effects as far as breakouts, etc. A good reliable foundation. Great color selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by SeleneCastroo

Ok well I have been using this foundation for 8 months. I really like it when I first apply it, but i notice it tends to get darker it oxidizes fast. and the coverage looks too matte at times, i like the fact that it lasts all school day for me but the thing i dont like is how it has given me a lot of little white heads and that makes me very unhappy! I would say it would be my holy grail foundation if my face was flawless

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not suitable for my oily skin, only added to the problem, it needed constant touch ups with powder to combat the shine!
It easily transfers onto clothing and everyone you might hug or touch with your face.
Feels like it's melting off in hot weather and leaves you with that shiney, dirty looking face after only a few hours.
Probably more suited for people with drier skin types. I prefer Mac's Longwear foundation or the matchmaster for good, lasting, light coverage.
Only good points that I can say is that it applies very nicely, spreading easily and has a natural, medium coverage that doesn't look plastered.