MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this for my everyday use.

on 12/23/2014 6:39:00 AM

Pros:
Amazing coverage
Buildable
Nice packaging
Long wearing

Cons:
Makes you break out bad
Weird smell
Doesn't come with pump

The name after all does say studio fix, which is true to the product, is stays for ages and is perfect under bright likes in a studio. But if you have ACNE PRONE SKIN like I do DO NOT BUY! Simple as :)

on 12/21/2014 4:24:00 AM

As i used this product for years i loved it when i did use it but i have since changed to DOUBLE WEAR as the staying power was longer on me.

But they are similar in terms of Semi-matte, full coverage and have SPF

Easy to apply i used MAC primer underneath as you should always use one for a more flawless result. Application was easy liquid is thicker then double wear but the pump is perfect for product control!

Huge range of colours and also setting powders to match which is great.

Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.

Only thing i can flaw that it doesn't last through the night from applying in the morning as i found DOUBLE WEAR did perfectly!

VIVALAESTHER

on 12/20/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! If you like a matte, full-coverage foundation then Studio Fix Fluid is definitely one to try. It has the same smooth, long lasting flawless appearance of Estée Lauder double wear but is less cakey and drying. I also found the colour less orangey and more neutral but that's just preference. It costs £21.50 which I think is very reasonable for a high quality product, compared to my other foundations like Laura Mercier silk creme, Estée Lauder double wear and Nars Sheer glow (which are all £30-£34). Unfortunately the pump is bought separately at £4 but I would definitely recommend buying that as it's a one off purchase that can be transferred to every new bottle. A gorgeous, all-day flawless foundation that will last all day. Definite repurchase and my new holy grail!

on 12/17/2014 2:16:00 PM

Sooo i usuallly use the Mac face & body foundation, it's very natural looking. I do LOVE it but I wanted something with more coverage. So I bought the studio fix fluid in NC45. This foundation is a medium coverage with a matte finish. I personally love a dewy look so I just spray it with mineralize spray. It stays on for eveeer and it's definately worth the money. It has a weird smell to it but you won't smell it when applied. I wouldn't really use it as a daytime foundation. If you have oily or combination skin it's perfect!

on 12/15/2014 8:19:00 AM

Even though this foundation is not the best for my skin, Mac doesn't fail to be The foundation I always fall back on. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it gives amazing coverage and a great finish. Other foundations just haven't been able to beat it. Definitely HG!

on 12/14/2014 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've been using this foundation for over a year now and this seems to work well for my skin type. The texture blends well and wears well throughout the day. I really like the finish which leans more toward matte however, it doesn't exacerbate dry patches like many matte foundations do. I typically use this on top of Hourglass' Veil primer which gives it more staying power. I have oily skin so as with any foundation I use blotting powders throughout the day. The only drawback is the shade range. The NC range runs too yellow for my red undertones and the NW range is too pink/orange.

on 12/9/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I wanted to write a review cause I just saw a persons review that wasn't fond of the coloring.
I'm Asian. Half Asian and Latina but I've been around A LOT of Asian and Latina women and we usually have warm tones. I happen to have a lot.
There isn't just one type of warm toned skin. There's a more peachy/golden and then there's more of a yellow/olive

If you're more on the neutral area it's easy. Get a foundation in NC and then use the studio fix powder in the opposite range, NW. OR use an NW liquid with a NC powder on top.

I find this foundation is quite warmtoned compared to the Pro Longwear but not really yellow enough for me (keep in mind it's still NC meaning there's neutral in it. When it dries the warm peachy/golden undertone is more obvious. May be due to oxidation so you could try making a spray of water and orange or lemon juice, the vitamin C helps prevent oxidation but it got NC25 when I need NC30 so the oxidation is done by me for now.) so I top it off with C30 studio fix.
C shades- with single digits, are more of a soft yellow/yellow undertone.
C shades with double digits like C30 are more yellow and kinda olive.
NC shades are neutral/golden undertone.

I've used this foundation for years, I love it. I always get compliments at how smooth my face looks. I of course love the color range. I've tried that revlon one but the colors sucked. Either too ashy or orange.. Not great on me.
This foundation is quite thick and you just need a thin layer for medium coverage and if I have a stubborn pimple I use a concealer on top of this.
It lasts all day and doesn't crease up and make me look like I have smile lines like another foundation I used (pro Longwear)
I always come back to this foundation.
Due to its consistency it can take some work to get out of the bottle but you get but a pump.

on 12/7/2014 11:39:00 AM

Let me start off by describing my skin. I am 21 years old. I have an oily T-zone with large pores, but my cheeks are so dry they sometimes peel if I don't moisturize. My skin tone is very yellow (to the point where I look jaundiced in the summer), but I'm so pale that my veins look green through my arms.

Naturally, I have the worst time trying to find a foundation that meets all my needs. The qualities I desire most in a foundation are the following:

-How well it matches my skin tone (NO pink please!!)
-Medium, matte coverage
-How long it lasts before the need for touch-ups
-How well it provides a canvas for contouring, blush, and highlighter.

Revlon Colorstay in Buff has been my go-to for years even though it casts a bit gray on me and I find the finish a bit chalky. However, since it's among the only drugstore foundations that aren't horrifically pink-toned (Maybelline Fluid Touch, I'm looking at you!), I've stuck with it for longer than I should have.

Enter MAC Studio Fix Fluid, many people's HG but one I've never bothered to take a look at in person. The nearest MAC counter is thirty miles from my house, so when I went on a whim with my friend to the IMAX, I had to check out the MAC counter in the Nordstrom there.

I walked over to the counter and a large, jovial man was immediately available to help me. I simply said, "Do you have a medium-coverage foundation that actually matches my skin?" and he came back about five seconds later with Studio Fix Fluid in NC15. He used an applicator to blend it into my jawline, looked pleased with himself, and showed me the mirror.

"Honey, it's perfect."

I couldn't believe my eyes. I asked to try it on my arms, neck, and the rest of my face, as if something so good could only exist in dreams. He happily obliged. It truly is my perfect shade. In my entire foundation-wearing career, I have found several "close-enough" matches, but nothing like this. This color, my friends, is my skin in a bottle. I bought it for $27 immediately, and thanked him with religious fervor.

Of course, I tested the wear when I got home. I went out for five hours, played arcade games, and danced, and not a single touch-up was needed. Granted, I used it over a thin layer of primer (Almay Luminizing Primer) and under a thin layer of translucent powder (Rimmel Stay Matte), but that's standard protocol with all liquid foundations. The foundation has no offensive smell and the bottle is easy to use (maybe a pump would be more hygienic though.) I like the rubberized grippy top since I'm a klutz and drop things all the time.

Overall, I am EXTREMELY pleased with Studio Fix Fluid. I'm wearing it right now as I type this and I would recommend the formula to combination girls like me, as well as oily girls. I would also recommend this line to dark skinned girls since MAC has such an incredible shade range for its products, including cool and warm undertones. The wear is fantastic, it's mattifying, doesn't oxidize (that I've noticed) and is reasonably priced for what you're getting.

I would not recommend this to dry-skinned ladies and ladies who want a more sheer coverage; it's quite heavy. Also, if you're looking for a "dewy" or "luminous" finish, this won't be it.

Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 has exceeded my expectations. I am so happy I've finally found my foundation soulmate, and I hope that this foundation will be someone else's too!

on 12/6/2014 6:48:00 PM

Personally I really disliked this foundation. Ever since using this I have broke out awfully, and yes I do cleanse my face properly. Also I found it cakey around my nose and chin. So not worth the price, also find it a cheek how mac expect you to pay a bit more for a pump.