August 20, 2014 | 1996 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by a2bruta

All MAC foundations break me out terribly. If you are suffering from acne, stop using it for a while and see if it improves. If you don't break out then you might like it. Good coverage and colour selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I already own studio sculpt which is wonderful and dewy perfect for winter, so I had to try out studio fix as a potential for spring/summer

.I received a generous sample of this and tried it in several situations from going outside, shopping, at work/class, and last night I went out. This can withstand anything while still being perfect. I never had to touch up from oil. Covers everything. The only situation I have not tried out are photos. I don't know if it will have that glowing white cast in photos. It's on my list to find out.

I'm half Asian half Caucasian and I always have a problem finding my shade but MAC is spot on(NC40)

This is completely matte and full coverage. I'm not a matte person but this is an exception for I like the shade and coverage.I spritz my face with rosewater to get rid of the super matte look,although, its till pretty matte. Its not the best for dry skin. It brought out my dry spots and dried me out even further. I had to dab some lotion over my face. Be sure to moisturize thoroughly.

A little goes a long way and I was also told this mixed with moisturizer can tone down the coverage. This is why I prefer full coverage, less product. It does not come with a pump....seriously MAC? not very fair.

Anyways, I'm not a sensitive skin lady/acne prone but until yet, I have not had any bad reactions other than it drying out my skin.

So it's not cheap, but it's not the most expensive foundation like compared to my shiseido one. I almost love this foundation, its a very good foundation overall.

UPDATE:13.APRIL.2014: I have noticed after a week of wearing this straight, it dries out my skin like no other! i can only wear this maximum twice a week. It also becomes more difficult to apply, and Im not longer attracted to the consistency of this on my normal-dry skin. Its like putting on paint. But I really like the shade and coverage! i will go back to studio sculpt or moisture mineralize.......ladies, if you have combination-oily skin, you will LOVE Studio fix fluid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Vanderkoush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a bulletproof oundation soft o gal. I want primer FULL coverage foundation, setting powder and setting spray. This is my go to foundation for a freshflawless look, when I am going to have my picture taken , and when I am engaging in my nighttime social life (I'll leave it to your imagintion as to what I meant by that). This stays on the whole day. Love the way it looks, and makes me feel beautiful.BTW I do not break out- at least not more than normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Breena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

NC35.

For people with acne and oily skin, this is brilliant. However, I have normal/combination skin, and I find that this foundation clings to the slightly drier parts of my skin. If properly moisturising and priming beforehand, it's no problem, so this doesn't particularly bother me much.
What DOES bother me, is the paint-like smell. God, it's awful. Oh and the fact that it doesn't come with a pump. You have to buy one separately, which costs you £4, meaning you pay £25.50 for this foundation, but, for what it does I think we can look past that.
Provides medium buildable coverage with an extremely matte finish, which, like I said before, is brilliant for those of us that have oily skin. I don't even really have to wear concealer to hide my acne scars when wearing this.
I do use this foundation if I know I'm going to be out for a while, say if I'm going for a night out or if I have to be at a function all day, as it is pretty long wearing.

I do recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by yungerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I liked about this foundation was the coverage and color match...I have so many acne scars, acne, and dark circles, this foundation covered it perfectly. It's not very cake-y, so that shouldn't be of concern. The color fit me perfectly and they have so many shades! one of the downfalls of this foundation, I have oily skin. It does not last without using a primer. (I now use the MAC oil free primer with this product, works 100% better!) additionally, it will make you break out if you're not following a good skin care regimen with this product. Don't leave it on all day, but it probably won't last that long anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by LummazXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favourite foundations. The coverage is fantastic and I can layer it a couple of times without it getting too thick on my face. I love the texture of it and it doesn't dry too fast, which means it is easy to blend. I have used a stippling brush, expert face brush, beauty blender and good old fashioned fingers to apply this product and every technique works well with it. The only downsides are that it smells like paint, which isn't a huge issue for me, and when my skin was drier I found it very hard to apply this evenly over my skin. lastly, the lack of a pump can be tricky but I purchased one from the MAC counter at the same time which is lockable and has a cap, so no mess!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by wtfishes

It is so darn expensive but it provides full coverage and it 1 bottle lasts me quite a while. Downside, no pump and smells like paint. Wouldn't recommend it to people who is not used to wearing foundation because it is very thick. I usually mix it with moisturizer to thin it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by leannex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Yes it is quite expensive but if you want a full coverage foundation this is great. Been using for a year now and definitely will continue to repurchase. I use a primer, then this and set it with a body shop powder. Love it!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by mustangfanatic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, this foundation is pretty thick. It really should have came with a pump.

Right now, its winter time and i'm having dry skin issues. I exfoliate once a week, and put on a night cream. The primer i use is Mac's prep+prime moisture infusion

If you moisturize properly, this foundation looks amazing! I'm an NC15, and it blends so well.
I use the original beauty blender to apply this. I would say that this coverage is medium and can be buildable.
I feel it gives me a matte finish. I do get oily on my t-zone through out the day, but i believe that's partly because of how much i am moisturizing. I haven't been setting my foundation because i ran out and i've been procrastinating on getting one. I will be purchasing a setting spray when i do decide to get one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I had heard so many great things about MAC foundations, so when an opportunity arose for me to try the supposedly long-lasting Studio Fix, I was delighted. Studio Fix was my first ever MAC liquid foundation (I have tried MSFN before and it was ok but nothing special) and I was matched to an NC15.

When I first applied this foundation at home, I was thrilled with the finish. Matte, perfect skin which didn't look caked in makeup and instead just looked like my natural skin! The texture of the foundation is fairly thick, which makes it hard to get out of the bottle, but didn't have heavy coverage, in fact it made my skin look even toned and healthy. I always use a non-latex foundation sponge to apply this. I tried applying with a brush but it looked too heavy.

The MAC SA promised me that this was a long wearing foundation, I specifically asked for one that would not come off my face if I sweated (as I do very often, living in Florida). So the first morning when I wore this, I walked the 30 minutes to work and checked my face when I arrived. My foundation still looked flawless, although not as matte as it was when I left the house. I went out again on my lunch break and when I got back into work my foundation was streaky and patchy and clearly visible as foundation. For reference I have very dry cheeks and very oily nose and chin. I experienced most of the foundation coming off my oily areas.

I have worn this every day since then and found that this is only suitable for when I am indoors all day, or in an air conditioned office. Yes it lasts, but it is no match for Florida's humidity and temperatures. I am disappointed as I loved the finish and feel of this foundation. It also highlighted my dry patches, but many foundations do this so I wasn't too concerned about this MAC foundation doing the same. I doubt I will be buying this foundation again, even though it is very nice. I may try others in the MAC range.