December 20, 2014 | 1479 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by VeraVioletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Makes my hair very oily if I apply it all over, so I started applying it only at the ends where I have terrible dryness and tangles. I find it works very well for this, although I cannot imagine using it on a daily basis. I dislike the smell, but most other people like it and tell me my hair smells good after I apply it. I also dislike the feeling of it on my hands, tacky and sticky, and I think my hair would get a terrible residue if I used it with more frequency. I would not recommend this product to anyone who didn't have a dry hair problem.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

Hated it. Gummy texture, difficult to apply evenly onto hair and made it sticky. It also gave me build up which led to a flaky scalp that stopped right after I stopped using this, so I know this was the culprit. It did nothing it claimed for me and gave my hair a dull and lackluster appearance. Gave me no shine and didn't moisturize in the slightest. Never again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2010 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ainabarad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Greasy, weighted down, flat, oil mess of ew. That is exactly what this does to my baby fine, thick, somewhat oily hair. It's disgusting. I had a feeling trying out a LEAVE-IN conditioner would be a bad idea. I mean, you rinse conditioner out for a reason, right? Yes, this gave me the exact effect forgetting to rinse conditioner out of my hair during a shower does. Ew. I'll never purchase this ever again. Unfortunately, it's been way too long since purchasing to return it (it's been like a year now, so it's garbage, but I should've returned it the next day instead of giving it another try and accidentally losing the receipt) and I couldn't even give it away because no one wants crap like this, not even for free. Ew. As far as my experience goes, leave-in conditioners are a BAD idea in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my holy grail products. It leaves my hair looking soft and conditioned and if i had only one hair product i could use the rest of my life, it would be this one. Its great if you have naturally curly hair because it will completely eliminate frizz. Its fantastic!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by hypnoticx3c

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I realize now that this wasn't the type of product I was looking for, I was trying to find this "cuticle sealing" cream or something that this girl put on my hair after I got it trimmed (which I later found out was Matrix smoothing serum or something). Anyway, I got this because I thought it was the same thing. Even though it wasn't the same thing, I still didn't get any positive effects from this junk being in my hair. It seemed like the equivalent to putting some lotion in my hair... although lotion probably would have at least smoothed out fly-aways! I have no use for this

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by vgrantham

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Been using this for one week. I love the scent; it is light & pretty. Love the way it makes my hair feel...very soft & smooth. It really tames frizz & fly-aways on my color-treated, dry hair. I put it on when hair is wet and either air dry or blow dry, works either way. I also often straighten or loosely curl my hair & have noticed that I do not need a smoothing serum to complete the look. And for the price, you just can't beat it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Update 6/19/10:
Ok, I figured out how to use this for my hair and have bumped it up to 5 lippies and would now repurchase it.

I normally have to be pretty heavy handed with products and use them on dry or mostly dry hair for them to have any effect at all.
This is different.

If I use this on damp hair, separate my hair into 3 sections, and use a pea sized dollop on each section - my hair is moisturized and slightly more defined without being gummy, sticky, or tacky. I also don't end up with film on my hands when I touch my hair. While I don't "love" the smell of this, the tiny amount I have to use to get a good effect means that you can hardly smell it in my hair = bonus.

Now I would repurchase and like it very much. :-D

Original review:
I've been re-trying Garnier products lately because I used to love them. I've recently re-tried this leave-in on my curly, baby-fine, untreated, biracial, little past shoulder length hair.

Pros:
*Cheap & easy to find
*Actually moisturizing
*Smells ok - fruity like apples & citrus
*Reduces frizz

Cons:
*Tacky and leaves my hair kinda dull and gummy
*The scent can be a little too sour at times
*Leaves a film on my hands every time I touch my hair

I would not repurchase because of the cons, but it's not a bad leave-in. Just not the best I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by kare28bear

I received this with a shampoo I bought as a bonus. I used it a couple times when I was swimming all day and needed some detangling product to use afterwards. I use it on my daughter's hair, just a small amount, to detangle her long hair after she gets out of the shower or pool. I wouldn't use it on an everyday basis. Garnier products always smell so nice too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by painterspirit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I finished the Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream today, and decided to review it. This product is...okay, definitely didn't do anything for my frizz (which I don't think anything will, because my hair is naturally frizzy and coarse). On it's own, I don't think it's enough to condition my hair, but I had been mixing it with olive oil, which helps a lot. I don't feel it's worth it if I have to mix it with an oil, which can condition on it's own. It also didn't leave my hair very shiny. I had been applying this to wet and dry hair, and I think it's better if you apply it to wet hair, such as straight out of the shower. But now that I've finished it, I don't think that I will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by TN88ND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product was okay, until I got a sample of a higher end leave in conditioner. This stuff is not that great. Smells ok, but other than that it did little to hydrate my fine, dry hair.