April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have purchased countless tubes of this mascara and always have at least two backup. Why? Because it is one of the most superb mascaras, and I have tried so many. Definitely HG. I use it in conjunction with my Christian Dior primer and my Giorgio Armani eyes to kill, one coat of each product. Why Definicils is legendary on its own: It has a sleek black colour, not dry, not dusty, not wet looking, just perfectly glossy. It elongates and defines each lash. It leaves the lashes super soft. It does not smudge. It washes clean when you remove your makeup. It won't irritate your eyes. The product takes several months to dry out, after which you should replace for hygiene reasons anyway. It wears beautifully alone or as I do, you can use another "plumping" type mascara on top to give extra voluptuousness to the lashes. This will not make your lashes look false, but rather naturally beautiful. Perfect for day wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LoveFadia

i actually got this product as a gift so i am not sure on the price. but i do however know the QUALITY of the product. it is a very nice product easy to use and i love it! i use this along with greatlash and the two blend perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

This is one of my top 3 favourite mascaras...
PROS: The applicator made it easy to apply to the eyelashes and created the illusion of thicker lashes. My eye lashes are long so I can't comment on that. This was one of the easiest mascaras to remove from my lashes but it didn't wear or flake off during the day.
CONS: It is expensive but worth the splurge.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara to be too watery. It seemed like it took forever to dry and made my lashes stick together in wet clumps in the process, smearing if touched at all. As for the overall staying power, it ran by a few hours in the heat and humidity, and just didn't define or add anything to my lashes. It does have a nice dark colour, and a very pretty and tasteful package design but that is about it. I really do not understand the hype surrounding this mascara, personally.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Stephonnayy

I use the Definicils as my everyday mascara. I personally still like the Hypnose collection better because I enjoy the volume, but you cannot go wrong with Definicils on any given day-- your lashes just like evenly covered and defined. Again, try this on top of Lancome's Cils booster!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best dept store mascara. I've always loved Definicils. It is amazing for really getting to each lash, stays put all day and gives amazing length and volume..The only drawback is the price. I do love it so and like to splurge on a tube once in awhile :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Sweetmomma

This is quite a good mascara. It takes little effort applying and my lashes get dramatically long. Little to no clumping and great staying power. No complaints. I even uploaded a picture with just a light application on my lashes so you could see how good it works.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ZackAttackGrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this mascara! It's great for natural lashes. Gives good definition! Although the natural look isn't really my thing, it's nice to find a good high end mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara for those who like a natural, polished look. It doesn't clump, doesn't smear or flake, and it's very good for lengthening and separating (not too much volume though).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My natural eyelashes are thick but straight and very short.
My idea of a perfect mascara is a black mascara that stays put and gives lots of length, definition, and some volume with no clumping and the ability to hold a curl for at least 8 hours and easy removal.
This mascara is pretty close to perfect.
It gives lots of length, definition, and a little volume. The length isn't the super duper incredibly sky-high kind of length; more like the perfect amount of length. It doesn't give any curling effects, though, but that's okay because I use an eyelash curler anyway (MAC Full Lash Curler).
When I crave for more volume, I use this in conjunction with the Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara, and voila! I instantly get ultra-sexy long, super-thick, defined, curled eyelashes with (I can't believe this is even possible) NO CLUMPS! Even with like 5 coats!!! It's incredible what the power of two completely different mascaras can do!
My only complaints with the Definicils are the poor color and the non-ability to hold a curl for very long.
The color is supposed to be black, but it's actually a medium-to-dark gray. Like, if you took out the wand, you can instantly tell that it's gray--it isn't even close to black at all. But I have naturally black eyelashes and this doesn't turn my eyelashes gray, thank goodness.
I found out that this can only hold a curl for like 2 hours maximum. Maybe that's because of the Falsies, though, so I can't really tell.
I also found that it's kinda hard to remove, but then again, maybe that's because of the Falsies.
I wouldn't repurchase this because I only wear mascara like a few times a month so the tube I have now should be pretty sufficient (if it dries out I'll just soak it in a glass of hot water for 5 minutes). Plus, I really don't have a spare $26 to spend on a new mascara.