Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

4.3

on 9/5/2010 4:34:00 PM

veryy good!!!! love this product, goes on very smoothly and stays on all day. when i apply i use the brush that it came with, apply a thin line on the top then i take a q-tip and run it over where i just applied to make the line appear smoother and less jagged. yes it is pricey but it does the job well and its great.

on 8/13/2010 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've been a regular Mac Fluidline user for years, purchased the Bobbi Brown eyeliner on a whim in duty free and I'm very happy with the purchase! Very similiar to the Mac, I use my Mac 266 brush to apply, and the colour is great, staying power is really impressive (even on my super oily eyelids) and I can tell even though I use it everyday it will last ages. Great buy, I don't know if I like this or my Mac better!

on 8/11/2010 11:32:00 PM

The is the best black liner I've used, out of those I have sampled. I have yet to try most of the newer/cheaper gel liners out there, but I can tell you there's nothing wrong with this one.

Pure black, highly pigmented, smooth and fluid application and one little pot lasts FOREVER. In fact, one application lasts forever...through an entire day! Its the most we can hope for in a liner.

Finding a good brush is crucial to applying it properly. I go to art stores because you can find a brush tailored to your needs, in high quality fibers, for a fraction of the price a cosmetic company will charge you.

For those who are EXTREMELY picky about how black their black is, I've heard that Stila smudge pots are a bit blacker. But even you will be very satisfied with this.

on 8/9/2010 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have single-fold/oily eyelids. Eyeshadow and eyeliner will not stay on without primer and base powder. This eyeliner will last all day and night on bare skin without smudging. After searching for almost ten years, I found an eyeliner that stays put. MAC Fluidline was a disappointment. I apply at 7AM and application looks new until I take it off at 9 PM. I have 3 colors and love them all, but use black on a daily basis.
These are costly, but one pot will last all year.

on 8/9/2010 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite eyeliner.

I donít have a steady hand so liquid eyeliner is automatically ruled out. I also find that pencil liners tug on my skin and I can never get an even and thin line, so I avoid that too. That pretty much leaves me with only the gel liner option, and this, out of MAC and Shu Uemura Iíve also tried, is my favourite.

I use the MAC 266 brush with this, and a little goes a long way. One tiny jar lasts months and months, so the price equals out to pretty much next to nothing per day.

It glides on smoothly and doesnít take too long to dry (but long enough if you want to smudge it) so you donít risk it transferring onto your eyelids or anything before youíve finished applying. It lasts all day and is pretty much waterproof, only comes off when you want it to.

I do, however, have atrociously greasy eyelids, so I canít wear ANY eyeliner without it transferring onto my lids after a few hours. But I have since discovered Too Facedís Shadow Insurance so itís no longer a problem for me.

I usually alternate between this and Espresso Ink. I also have this in Granite Ink but I havenít tried it yet!

on 7/30/2010 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this because it stays on really well and is easy to apply (as long as you have a fresh pot, and a great brush). I don't like this because the product goes bad and dries up very quickly. Users say to try to dig yourself a little hole to keep it from drying out (as opposed to taking off the top layer first). For this reason I'd say the packaging is bad since it seems to invite expiration. The Black shade is not my favorite - I do like it for cool eye looks, but my great love is the Espresso shade.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really love this eyeliner! I have always been a liquid eyeliner person but with this stuff, I would never go back. For me it is the best liner - easy to use, no fading, no smudging and the best thing: the pot goes a long long way. Although I use it everyday about 50 % of the product is still left - AND it didn't dry at all! (I purchased it in October 2009) Will def buy again!

on 7/7/2010 7:21:00 AM

Con - dries easily in the container though shut tight

Pros - when I first opened the product, it was very easy to apply (used an angled brush) and stays on till I remove it at night. Would have been my HG if it didn't dry so fast in the container.

on 7/7/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The best gel liner ever! I've used Mack and Smashbox in the past, but found I needed to use Benefit's She Lac to prevent fading and smudging. With BB gel liner, I don't need the She Lac. It goes on smooth and very black -- soft texture, and doesn't dry out.

on 7/6/2010 8:59:00 PM

This eye liner itself is pretty amazing; intense colour and withstands any tear, sweat and humidity. But it's so hard to use especially if you don't have a decent brush to apply it with. Plus I noticed this started to dry out and the consistency became harder and harder. After about 2-3 months, it was so thick and un-blendable that I had to stop using.
Considering the price I paid for this, I don't think it's worth it. Cheaper DG brands do just as well (if not better) as this one.