The Body Shop White Musk Line

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/11/2004 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Very unique fragrance, you instantly recognize it. I like the fragrance very much on others but feel suffocated when I wear it myself. The products like the lotion are average, nothing to write home about. They are only special because of the smell. If you like it, go for the lotion, it's cheaper and very fragranced, so you'll get the same effect as with the perfume for less $$.

on 10/10/2004 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I bought the white musk body lotion instead of the actual fragrance. The EDT doesn't really smell very nice to me, but this body lotion smells awsome! Much more soft,warm and sensual than the EDT. I love the feeling of having this feminine scent all over my body.

on 10/8/2004 4:40:00 PM

A very clean, soft , warm scent. This scent reminds me of cold winter days when I would wear my big, warm sweaters, fluffy socks and boots to school. I wore it during my college years and received many compliments. Lots of my friends ended up at The Body Shop just to get a bottle of this. Musks donít smell yummy on everyone but if youíre someone who enjoys them, you should definitely try this one. This is possibly my favorite musk of all.

A problem I often have with buying fragrances is that I'll associate it with something (a certain person, phase of my life, etc.)that will make me not like it anymore. The thing about body shop white musk is that it's so ubiquitous that it's impossible to associate it with any one thing. The fact that it's so common and familiar just makes it sort of comforting. My mom used to buy us white musk soap and I didn't really like it, but it's grown on me. I like it because it's kind of abstract yet not "loud." My friend who works in an office wears it because it doesn't offend anyone. It doesn't make a statement; you just smell good. Also, my boyfriend smelled it on me and went, "Rrrrow!"

Edit: After wearing it for a few weeks it started smelling nasty and harsh to me, like many cheaper perfumes do after awhile. Too bad - so wanted to make this my signature.

on 9/5/2004 10:34:00 PM

the white musk oil is a perfect base for layering scents-some things i like to layer it with are:lovespell lotion,noa cacharel perfume,rampage,maybe baby and vanilla body splash! white musk oil almost seems body activated and smells even better hour after hour...i recommend working out with it on,the scent is incredible,it seems to adapt to heat and love sweat!!!

on 8/31/2004 1:51:00 AM

Wow, this is a white musk with a personality! Compare to Jovan White Musk, this one is the more outgoing twin, while the other one is a more demure and shy one. TBS White Musk is definitely beautiful. Upon drydown, it started to small animalic, but in a very sexy way! I love to layer The Spirit of Moonflower (also by TBS) over this for an incredibly sexy and feminine scent blend.

on 8/29/2004 7:25:00 AM

When i was at school, this smell was everywhere ! Most people remember the smell of wet, wool blazers (I`m only 22 but we all wear blazers in the UK !) or the smell of awful School dinners. This, was what my school smelled like ! = I always wore vanilla = i bought this the other day because it was in the sale. It was so funny because it brought back so much. A nice scent but not something that i have ever been attracted to.

I have The Body Shop White Musk in both EDT spray and oil. I wear both Jovan White Musk and TBS White Musk more and more often - they're both so uncomplicated and restful, yet delicious & sensual. I find I reach for Jovan more than TBS - I think it's softer and prettier than TBS. But there are days when I want the punchier effect of TBS. I think Jovan is more soft & wistful; and TBS is more pointed, fresh, and confident. I change them up, depending on mood. I've passed women in stores who are wearing white musk, and it always draws my attention and appreciation - smells awesome on them - better than department store perfumey perfumes, for sure. I've bought and worn so many complex perfumes that White Musk is a welcome relief sometimes - lately, more and more. Maybe my nose is finally burning out on all the fancy complex stuff. I could see myself giving most of them up for just white musks, a few soft warm vanillic orientals, a few soft musky feminine florals, and a few great chypres.

about 10 years ago the EDT was my absolute favorite fragrance and everyone else loved it on me. then 2 years after that, i bought a new bottle of the EDT and it smelled more like alcohol than perfume. i went back and exchanged it for another bottle, but that one smelled like alcohol too. i was heartbroken. these days, i cannot get it out of my head because i loved how soft, feminine, romantic, and pretty it smelled. i keep going back to see if TBS went back to their original formula. i finally just bought the perfume oil yesterday. it's not the same as the EDT in its original form, but it's good enough. i was in a great mood all day yesterday b/c the oil lasted so long. i feel so pretty (it's my own form of pheremones!!) when i wear it.

on 7/22/2004 11:09:00 AM

Very romantic...I have the perfume oil. Everytime I wear this I get a comment from a guy. Smells very pure because it has no alcohol, and it doesn't fade but rather tones down into this warm, sensual smell on your skin. Great price too, considering it's a perfume ($17 for a nice-size bottle). Lasts and lasts...

Popular Fragrances