November 26, 2014 | 1846 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia as Primer

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by xxglitt3rxx

Wow tried this today for the first time I found my primer for everyday =D
I was skeptical at first, but it really works and I have super dupper oily skin. I highly recommend people struggling with oily skin like me to try it. I use a cotton ball to apply a small amount of MOM all over my face focusing more on your super oily areas since its dries your face a lot I usually follow it by applying a oil free moisturizer to make my foundation application easier. You can try both ways to see what works best for you MOM followed by foundation or MOM followed by moisturizer and then foundation =)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by janaiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Seriously amazing! I thought people were nuts for putting this on their faces.....until I tried it! It leaves a great matte finish and I have super gross oily skin. Gotta go with the hype on this one :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by brenda06

I Love This Stuff !!!!!! I never though I would find something that would work for me, ive tried using different concealers moisturizers everything and nothing worked so I saw this on you tube and I decided to give it a try. My sister had a bottle and gave it to me the Phillips brand, first time I used it my husband and I were actually going to a club which is the worst for me because as soon as we start dancing my face is super oily not only that but before we even enter I would have to retouch my t zone so we get their and i check my face and nothing WoW ! I was surprised we get in their start dancing and I assume my face is a disaster I go check my makeup and nothing I honestly couldn't belive it ! By the end of the night when we got home I checked again and I had just a little oil on my nose nothing big I couldn't belive it.
This is the way I apply it and the way it works for me, I use a flat foundation brush and put the liquid in the plastic cup it comes with just a little you don't need much at all i dip the tip of my brush and get the excess amount off on the side of the cup and with what i have left i start to apply it on my t zone and with what ever is remaining ill do the rest of my face, I let it dry and then apply a little moisturizer and then my foundation. This really works and it doesn't brake me out at all !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by kirs10b

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily, acne prone skin and even with makeup I feel i'm blotting constantly.. THIS PRODUCT IS MY HG!! I apply a thin layer with my fingers over my skin and let it dry.. then apply my foundation over it.. I have been wearing this for about 10 hours now and I haven't had to blot so far, compared to about ever 2 hours with nothing underneath my foundation. It really keeps my oily skin under control! The liquid is a bit white but it dries clear and doesn't make me look pale, and doesn't smell either. I thought it would be weird putting it on my face but I felt comfortable with it. I shake the bottle and use whats on the cap/rim of the bottle so I don't have to stick my finger in there. :) This product is so cheap & widely available, I'd totally repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WOW- do NOT use this as a primer if you have dry skin! I learned this the hard way the other day. I've been fighting a breakout for the past week & thought maybe it'd help if I wore MoM under my makeup, and it dried my skin out to the point of PAIN! I now have a bunch of red, raw areas on my face. Seems to dry zits out pretty well though, and it does stay nicely matte.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Didn't work at all as a face primer. My makeup didn't last any longer than usual and it dried out my skin. I think its best to just use it as it was intended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This didn't work for me and is only good for those who are extremely oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

OMG i love using the milk of magnesia as a face primer!!!

When i first found out about it i was very excited to try it but at the same time i was very skeptical and was sure it would not work for me because nothing in the past did.

So i got the Phillips brand and put on a thin layer and put it to the test.

Now i put it to the LIquid Foundation Test lol cause liquid foundation is every oily girls nightmare!!

In the past when i would use liquid foundation yes it looked great when i put it on & when i left the house but about 1 hr. later it looked like i just dumped a bucket of Crisco on my face lol yah no good.

So this is what i did. i washed my face, toned then applied a thin layer of the M.O.M then applied the liquid f. and went about my day.

OMG!!!!! no shine! no oil! no greasy look! nothing but perfect!

now you must know that i put my make up on @ 1:00 pm lasted all the way up to 11:00 pm! and my make up looked exactly the same as when i first applied it!!

so that goes to show that it dose work and it dosent dry my skin out.
I LOVE IT.
so if you have oily skin troubles and no other primer has worked for you then you gotta try M.O.M!!

it dose not disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Purplecupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the most oiliest skin on the planet! Immediately after I cleanse my face, you can see oil coming out my pores in less than 5 minutes! Seriously! When I heard of the MoM treatment, I told myself that I had nothing to lose because I've tried everything on the market to try to keep my oil at bay but never succeeded. Until now!
This stuff is amazing! I applied it at 730 am with a cotton ball just as I read here on the reviews. My face stayed matte for more than 6 hours!!! Even by evening, my face was barely oily. I didn't need to blot ALL day. I love this product. My only regret is that I wish I found out about this years ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleydarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

soo basically, i have pretty oily skin...i go through about 1-3 oil blotting sheets a day...ive been using this stuff for about 5 days and i really like it soo far. i apply a thin layer to my whole face with a cotton ball. i can go for about 6-8 hours without getting oily. however, i noticed that my face has been breaking out slighty since ive started using this so idk, i really wana try dermadoctors tease zone because i heard that stuff really works too...