Milk of Magnesia as Primer

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/18/2010 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love MOM. I use it before applying my foundation, and even when I have white streaks, once I apply the foundation, those white streaks disappear for the whole day! Also, my Studio Fix usually oxidizes, making me look orange-r and darker. When I use MOM as a primer, It does not change color and my oily skin stays matte. When I use it, I shake it up, and pour some in the lid. Then I take a cotton swab and apply it to my eyes and face. This is all I use on my face under my foundation and powder.

NOW for my eyes! All eye primers crease on me. I apply MOM and then any primer and I am so serious - my eyeshadow looks like I just applied it until I wash it off!!

The uploaded pic is of me wearing eyeshadow for TWELVE hours with MOM under Loreal decrease primer (the pic is w/ the smoked out brown eyeshadow)

I use this as a 'primer' really. You have to be careful not to apply too much though because if you do then you will have a white line or film over your face. I usually use three dots and that covers my 'problem' areas perfectly. So, far less than a dime size application for me. I stay un-oily for most of my 9/11 hour work day. Total BONUS for me! :) I may have to touch-up once though...usually this is around the half way mark of my day...which (for me) isn't bad at all!

on 3/6/2010 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have very oily, non-sensitive skin. without this product (as a primer), i'm constantly blotting, and (mineral) foundation separates into a terrible mess on my face half way through the day. yeah, its tough. i finally took the leap in trying this product after finding out some people have been using it as a primer. i've been using it for a week and its absolutely awesome! i don't ever have to blot my face through the day (can you say miracle!?). its easy to apply; just a thin layer (i use a make up sponge) or else you'll have white residue on your face, but just wipe it a little and it'll come off. i don't recommend this to people who have anything other than an oily face or if you have sensitive skin. it will dry your face out causing a break out. however like i said, i'm very oily and i have not broken out from this.

Routine:
Wash face with cleanser (i use st. ives olive cleanser)
Toner (i use olay refreshing toner)
Moisturize (i use olay complete spf 15 for combination/oily skin)
Milk of Magnesia
Foundation (i use monave mineral make up)

on 3/1/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Wow tried this today for the first time I found my primer for everyday =D
I was skeptical at first, but it really works and I have super dupper oily skin. I highly recommend people struggling with oily skin like me to try it. I use a cotton ball to apply a small amount of MOM all over my face focusing more on your super oily areas since its dries your face a lot I usually follow it by applying a oil free moisturizer to make my foundation application easier. You can try both ways to see what works best for you MOM followed by foundation or MOM followed by moisturizer and then foundation =)

on 2/24/2010 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Seriously amazing! I thought people were nuts for putting this on their faces.....until I tried it! It leaves a great matte finish and I have super gross oily skin. Gotta go with the hype on this one :D

on 2/22/2010 5:52:00 PM

I Love This Stuff !!!!!! I never though I would find something that would work for me, ive tried using different concealers moisturizers everything and nothing worked so I saw this on you tube and I decided to give it a try. My sister had a bottle and gave it to me the Phillips brand, first time I used it my husband and I were actually going to a club which is the worst for me because as soon as we start dancing my face is super oily not only that but before we even enter I would have to retouch my t zone so we get their and i check my face and nothing WoW ! I was surprised we get in their start dancing and I assume my face is a disaster I go check my makeup and nothing I honestly couldn't belive it ! By the end of the night when we got home I checked again and I had just a little oil on my nose nothing big I couldn't belive it.
This is the way I apply it and the way it works for me, I use a flat foundation brush and put the liquid in the plastic cup it comes with just a little you don't need much at all i dip the tip of my brush and get the excess amount off on the side of the cup and with what i have left i start to apply it on my t zone and with what ever is remaining ill do the rest of my face, I let it dry and then apply a little moisturizer and then my foundation. This really works and it doesn't brake me out at all !

on 2/22/2010 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily, acne prone skin and even with makeup I feel i'm blotting constantly.. THIS PRODUCT IS MY HG!! I apply a thin layer with my fingers over my skin and let it dry.. then apply my foundation over it.. I have been wearing this for about 10 hours now and I haven't had to blot so far, compared to about ever 2 hours with nothing underneath my foundation. It really keeps my oily skin under control! The liquid is a bit white but it dries clear and doesn't make me look pale, and doesn't smell either. I thought it would be weird putting it on my face but I felt comfortable with it. I shake the bottle and use whats on the cap/rim of the bottle so I don't have to stick my finger in there. :) This product is so cheap & widely available, I'd totally repurchase!

on 2/17/2010 9:15:00 PM

WOW- do NOT use this as a primer if you have dry skin! I learned this the hard way the other day. I've been fighting a breakout for the past week & thought maybe it'd help if I wore MoM under my makeup, and it dried my skin out to the point of PAIN! I now have a bunch of red, raw areas on my face. Seems to dry zits out pretty well though, and it does stay nicely matte.

Didn't work at all as a face primer. My makeup didn't last any longer than usual and it dried out my skin. I think its best to just use it as it was intended.

on 1/20/2010 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This didn't work for me and is only good for those who are extremely oily.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products