April 18, 2014 | 929 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Milk of Magnesia

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

WOW- do NOT use this as a primer if you have dry skin! I learned this the hard way the other day. I've been fighting a breakout for the past week & thought maybe it'd help if I wore MoM under my makeup, and it dried my skin out to the point of PAIN! I now have a bunch of red, raw areas on my face. Seems to dry zits out pretty well though, and it does stay nicely matte.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 6:30:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Didn't work at all as a face primer. My makeup didn't last any longer than usual and it dried out my skin. I think its best to just use it as it was intended.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I keep hearing that primers are supposed to help even out your skin. That they're there to give you a good base for your make-up to sit on top of. That it helps your make-up go on smoother and keeps the make-up on longer. This didn't work for me and is only good for those who are extremely oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

OMG i love using the milk of magnesia as a face primer!!!

When i first found out about it i was very excited to try it but at the same time i was very skeptical and was sure it would not work for me because nothing in the past did.

So i got the Phillips brand and put on a thin layer and put it to the test.

Now i put it to the LIquid Foundation Test lol cause liquid foundation is every oily girls nightmare!!

In the past when i would use liquid foundation yes it looked great when i put it on & when i left the house but about 1 hr. later it looked like i just dumped a bucket of Crisco on my face lol yah no good.

So this is what i did. i washed my face, toned then applied a thin layer of the M.O.M then applied the liquid f. and went about my day.

OMG!!!!! no shine! no oil! no greasy look! nothing but perfect!

now you must know that i put my make up on @ 1:00 pm lasted all the way up to 11:00 pm! and my make up looked exactly the same as when i first applied it!!

so that goes to show that it dose work and it dosent dry my skin out.
I LOVE IT.
so if you have oily skin troubles and no other primer has worked for you then you gotta try M.O.M!!

it dose not disappoint!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by Purplecupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have the most oiliest skin on the planet! Immediately after I cleanse my face, you can see oil coming out my pores in less than 5 minutes! Seriously! When I heard of the MoM treatment, I told myself that I had nothing to lose because I've tried everything on the market to try to keep my oil at bay but never succeeded. Until now!
This stuff is amazing! I applied it at 730 am with a cotton ball just as I read here on the reviews. My face stayed matte for more than 6 hours!!! Even by evening, my face was barely oily. I didn't need to blot ALL day. I love this product. My only regret is that I wish I found out about this years ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleydarlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

soo basically, i have pretty oily skin...i go through about 1-3 oil blotting sheets a day...ive been using this stuff for about 5 days and i really like it soo far. i apply a thin layer to my whole face with a cotton ball. i can go for about 6-8 hours without getting oily. however, i noticed that my face has been breaking out slighty since ive started using this so idk, i really wana try dermadoctors tease zone because i heard that stuff really works too...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 12:54:00 PM More reviews by MsCathyD

Hey everyone. I need some feedback. I'm really confused right now if I should continue with this product or not. I don't know if i should give it more time, but i'm not seeing results like the other reviews i'm reading and i feel so hopeless and devistated! I have extremely oily skin. Every hour i have to blott my face with these oil pads and it comes up clear everytime! Thats how serious it is. I use MoM as a primer under my foundation and i'm not getting the results of less oil. Infact i feel like my skin is getting more oily...is that suppose to be happening and is that possible that MoM is doing this to my skin or a coincidence? My skin is still oily with MoM. Only thing i feel it does is maybe dry up the acne a little. I don't know what to do..any suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ashley920

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

If you were to look in the dictionary for Oily Complexion...you would deffinetely see my picture next to it! For years, i have spent sooo much $$ trying to find products to keep my skin shine/oil free or at least keep my oil at bay! Either they would break me out or produce even more oil!

Thanks to MUA..who would have known that putting MoM would help keep my oil at bay?!! For 4 $s a bottle...this is unbelievable!!!! Its very worth it! My routine is that I wash my face & wait until dry. Shake the MoM bottle for a couple seconds...dip my finger into the cap & pat the MoM into my skin until fully dry. This would be my forehead & Nose. Make sure you pat INTO your skin until fully dry because this will leave a white filmy residue if you do not pat until it is dry...which isnt even a big deal because you can just lightly brush this film off with your fingers or a make up brush. This also makes for a extremely amazing make up primer! I have noticed many nights when i come home after hours of sweating from going out...this helps to keep my make up in place! I put this on & it makes my face soooo smooth & very soft & extremely matte! because even after i wash my face & my face dries..i still get that shiny look! ughh so annoying...

Now this doesnt eliminate all of my oil & shine...but it keeps it at bay much longer!!! & it seems as if i dont get as much oil & shine on my face when using this...if that makes any sence lol! I guess you can use this after a moisturizer..which i dont because i dont need to my face is already oily! & as far as people breaking out from this or clogging pores... ive been using this for 2 months & my skin is VERY acne prone..& i havent had any bad reactions since using this. Also, if interested...make sure you buy the Blue Phillips brand. i guess the other brands have an oil like ingredient in it? Any q's...you can just message me! Try this ladies!!!!!!!!!! :):)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by punkfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried milk of magnesia as a makeup primer and I'm very surprised!!!! I applied the milk of magnesia before my moisturizer and it works amazing for me!!!! My makeup lasts longer when i use this as a makeup primer, i think like 6 hour!!! I love milk of magnesia as a primer of course because its taste is awful !!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cb23

I tried this product for a little while as a primer, I bought the Philips brand as previous reviewers were suggesting that the brand-name milk of magnesia was better than the no-name drugstore brand. As a primer, this worked out alright, I applied it with a cotton ball and it left a white residue all over my face but wasn't noticeable with the foundation over top. Unfortunately, this blocked my pores terribly! I ended up with horrible, horrible breakouts all over my face. I'd say my skin probably is more sensitive than normal skin, but I would never ever use this again on my skin and would not recommend to anybody, no primer is better for your skin than this is!

I would not recommend using this as a mask either, anything that blocks your pores as badly as this product does is not good to have on your face for any period of time, there are much better oil-absorbing masks out there (ie clay masks!) that do not cause breakouts. Do not use this product on your face people!