April 21, 2014 | 1415 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by angelia68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product to remove non-waterproof eye and lip makeup, no doubt a bit more expensive than some others. I have sensitive skin and I am using the pink cap one, no bad reaction, whatsoever. It is so mild that it can be used to clean my little toddler's hands when she plays with my makeup, of course, I wash her hands with hand wash after use, just to be safe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

Bioderma Sensibio H20 (the one with the pink cap) is a staple product for me. I have never liked any cleansing water I have tried in the past so I was pretty much resigned to thinking all cleansing waters were not worth trying and have always passed this product by for years at the drugstore. It was not until I heard people saying this one was really good that I figured ok, maybe I will give cleansing waters one last shot and decided to try the Sensibio. I am so extremely glad I did because this cleansing water is amazing, unlike any other cleansing water I have tried before (Caudalie's I just hated and did nothing for me but leave a weird film, the Sephora one stung my eyes and was a bit drying). Sensibio H20 really melts makeup off my face (I wear a full-face of makeup everyday, lots of waterproof eye products, and on most days my face base is BB cream + ELDW foundation + powder foundation on top). Not only does this cleansing water clean off makeup really well, it is super gentle, does not leave any sticky or weird film, does not sting my face or my eyes, and really leaves my combo skin feeling so clean and fresh. I find the condition of my skin less congested after incorporating this cleansing water into my routine, and if I had only time to either use cleansing water or foaming cleanser, this cleansing water gets my skin clean enough that I would choose this hands down. Now, there are two Bioderma cleansing waters ... a pink cap and clear bottle one, and a green cap and blue bottle one ... Ironically, I would have thought the Sebium (blue bottle) cleansing water would have been better for my combo skin but in fact, I much prefer the Sensibio one over the Sebium one, I find the Sensibio cleanses much better (especially around the eyes) and leaves my skin cleaner, more balanced and comfortable than the Sebium one. Sensibio H20 is truly the best cleansing water I have ever tried, I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this at least 10 times since they came out with it. When it's on sale I buy 2. Where do I start? This product is gentle, virtually odorless and doesn't break out my acne-prone skin. My eye makeup comes right off which is a huge bonus since I tend to wear a lot of eyeliner and mascara every day. I hardly have to rub with the cotton pad at all for it to work. Probably my favorite feature about this product is the fact that it works almost the same way using a facial wash does; my skin is totally clean and non-oily without being dry after just wiping off all my makeup with a cotton pad. As a matter of fact, when I am camping without amenities I just use this to clean my skin then reapply my makeup. It works very well on its own if you don't have a face wash handy. These bottles last forever, I get a couple of months use out of them and use 2 cotton pads per use (one for eyes, one for face). The packaging holds up very well without leaking when I throw it in a travel bag for my vacations. I will always always buy this stuff as long as it's available :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Amazing. Did what I wanted and more!

I bought the one for oily skin and it is super gentle.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I find that I have to use a tremendous amount of product in order to get makeup off. I use about five to six cotton pads until it appears to be clean. I use a toner after and there's still a lot of makeup left that my toner needed to get rid of. I only use this whenever I am too lazy to go through the messy routine of cleansing oil and a cleanser. I don't use a lot of makeup either, only a light foundation, bronzer, and brow powder. The good thing is that it doesn't irritate my skin or cause any breakouts. After finishing this product I am just going to stick with cleansing oil despite it being tedious.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by dempsterstreet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Review of: Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire Sensitive Skin.
I always, always clean my face twice a day: mornings before showering and evenings, taking off makeup, sunscreen, smog, whatever.
For years I used a wash-off cream from Biotherm but it has gotten so expensive (and hard to find) and I found the whole washing my face with pinning back my fringe, etc. a bit of a palaver. Lately I longed for a wash-off effect lotion that could give me clean, calm skin and avoid the need for actual splashing.

When I heard about all the fuss over Bioderma Crealine, in magazines, backstage at fasion shows, on Pixiwoo, etc. I thought it might be a dream come true. I live in Germany and found I needed to order it from a chemist. That was easy.
At first, I loved it. It left my skin calm and hydrated and was simple to use. It is gentle and is a good - well, OK - eyemakeup remover, and a decent all-round makeup dissolver. BUT: you do need five or six swipes with three or four soaked cotton pads. Eye makeup particularly seems to need a few goes to come off totally.
It's certainly very satisfying to see all the stuff coming off. However, it can be irritating going back over the whole face with another cotton pad and even though the stuff itself hasn't made my sensitive skin offended, the rubbing sometimes made it raw even though I am gentle. After a while I definitely had the feeling it wasn't cleaning my skin as deeply as I would like. After two months of using it, I am getting clogged pores and white bumps which haven't had for years!

I will need to find a proper cleanser and may go for a balm this time, and jump on the hot-cloth bandwagon! I have already gone back to washing my face thoroughly twice a day instead of just once under the shower.
Overall, Bioderma Sensibio H2O is definitely a good and highly convenient makeup remover, sort of like wipes in a bottle (though I hate wipes!). If you're doing your makeup & need to take it off & start again, or need to correct mistakes, or just quickly want to do a different makeup before going out, then this is very useful. It certainly makes for a smooth base before priming and applying foundation.
I'd buy it again but likely not for a while, since I stocked up on a recent trip to France and can imagine it will last longer than I had thought, since I've changed my mind about what to use it for.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My first try with micellar waters, and I think I tried the best of the bunch. Extremely efficient, and yet ok for my sensitive skin. Will definitely become a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jbbendt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have incredibly sensitive skin and rosacea, and finding a good make up remover/cleanser that doesn't break me out or make my skin angry is honestly a huge pain in the behind, so when I find something that works, I'm sticking to it. This is one of those. I love this stuff. It removes a whole face of makeup with 2 cotton pads, doesn't irritate my skin, and gets rid of even the most stubborn waterproof eye make up without irritating my eye (which is huge). I already used up a whole bottle and I am glad I bought a second one.

Spendy? maybe a bit, yet not so spendy as to be unattainable. I think it's just harder to find, but nothing has ever worked for me like this does and I will continue buying it until the end of times, even if I have to lurk amazon for life.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by bedeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Obviously there are a lot of people who love this stuff and in theory it sounded amazing to me: pH balanced, never having to use water, for sensitive skin, etc. I used it as both a makeup remover and a cleanser for a little over 3 weeks before I returned it. I had been looking for a new cleanser for a while and this definitely wasn't it. Initially my skin got beautiful, I was convinced it was getting rid of the blackheads on my nose. Then pimples started popping up on my chin (thought it could be hormones)... then little bumps under the skin... then it spread around my entire face. That's when I started becoming sensitive to the cleansing water, feeling a stinging tingle when it touched my now horrible looking skin. As a makeup remover it worked well but it took a lot of product to actually get everything off my face. If I wore tinted moisturizer and Tarte cheek and lip tint it would take about 6 cotton pads soaked in solution to get off. It's been a month since I returned this stuff and my skin still has not fully healed, getting rid of those pesky bumps under the skin has been a task. I wouldn't but this stuff again but there were a few features that I liked. I did like that you saw what kind of dirt was coming off your face, that you can buy a refillable pump action bottle, and that there are a lot of promotions on the brand. Overall, not a good choice for me.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Deedsrho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The holy grail of gentle makeup removers! Works on foundation, mascara, eyeliner, etc.... Basically anything you put on your face it will take it off. I use it everyday with cotton balls. It gentle works and well with sensitive skin too! ( but please don't get it in your eyes... It hurts like hell...)