December 21, 2014 | 1258 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sweet almond oil is a very good moisturizer for hands and nails. Apply a dab on the nails and massage, your nails will go pinkish and look very healthy. Mix it with olive oil and make the perfect hair mask.

It's known to strengthen hair. So if you have few/short eyelashes, apply just a drop on a cotton stick and gently rub it to the roots of your eyelashes. Same goes for eyebrows, if you're in need for dense eyebrows. I had few eyelashes on the lower lids but since I started using sweet almond oil, they are so long and thick that they curl downwards! It will also remove remainders of eye pencil. Do it before you go to sleep. You'll see the difference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first day using it. I tried it on my face and body first after tm shower in the morning mixing it with Cetaphil and it's kept my skin soft and supple all day s tomorrow I'll try it alone. I also tried it straight on my face and it works great. I'm suprised because using oil alone has always broke my skin out. I love how it doesn't smell.

Strangely enough I washed my hair with J.R. Liggetts Old Fashioned Shampoo Bar that contains almond oil and within an hour my scalp started swelling up with an allergic reaction but I've been wearing SAO all day on my face and body and also before I ashed my hair drenched my scalp with it and NOTHING, no allergy at all. I don;t quite understand what the difference is between them but I'm glad I'm not allergic to this.

UPDATE 2 MONTHS
I mix a little of this every day with my Cetaphil lotion. My skin loves it, it makes it so soft and it hasn't given me any breakouts whatsoever. I'll defintely keep buying it.I also use it on my hair and it works great but my hair loves the thicker olive oil better.It's still good to use for when I run out of Olive oil though.

UPDATE 5 MONTHS
Good product but ultimately it didn;t do as much for my hair as Olive oil did and I found a lotion finally (st.Ives) that i can use instead of mixing 2 products together so this is now sitting in my cuboard gathering dust.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 5:43:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

I also love sweet almond oil. Itís fantastic as a moisturizer, and a makeup remover. It balances the skin well and keeps the skin hydrated all day long. I also use this under my eyes and it works well on those fine lines. It doesnít irritate my eyes at all. Defiantly worth a try and id buy this any day over some of those expensive brand moisturizers.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My sweet almond oil is from Aura Acacia, and i must say I love it. I use it to moisturize my hands and my face, usually when I don't want to waste my main moisturizer since sometimes I wash my face many times a day. I also use it on the weekends, to give my skin a rest from the usual products. All and all, it moisturizes pretty good, absorbs into the skin and doesn't upset it. Its brilliant as an under eye treatment too, and it gives a gorgeous sheen to the legs if worn with sunless tanning products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sue_anne

I use this oil as a night moisturizer as it does not have spf for the day. It's really awesome stuff. I've had some success with generic brand vitamin e oil for lightening cystic acne scars but I found the substance too sticky and hated having it on my pillow case. I heard that almond oil was good for evening skin tone and scars so I decided to give it a try. If you are patient with it, it will work...at least for me it does. And a little goes a long way. I have also used it as an eye make up remover followed with a regular cleanser it gently removed my stubborn MUFE aqua eyes eyeliner, but I think any oil would actually, it's just nice to know that if I have problems with this later on I could reserve it for that purpose. I am completely happy with the results and have had no adverse reactions. My skin feels supple and radiant when I wake up and there is no residue or greasy oil slick face. The packaging(Aura Cacia bottle) is great because it prevents the contents from leaking unlike my Desert Essence flip top lid for my jojoba oil so good call on the squeezy rubber stopper. I would actually prefer it in a dropper bottle type packaging but oh well. Ten dollars well spent and it will last a really long time. I've had mine for almost two months and it is still 95% full. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by perfectflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! SAO is so moisturizing! It plumped up my skin so much, love it. My eyes look brighter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 4:24:00 AM More reviews by pertiegurlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are loads of oils I hear good things about (jojoba, olive, rosehip, avocado, even emu)..I haven't tried any of those except olive, so I can't COMPARE sweet almond oil to anything.
But it's good. Very good. Face all soft and happy. I ALWAYS use this undereyes, it's really good for the little creases you get. Much better than any cream.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 5:44:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was in fruitful yield and bought some sweet almond oil on a whim. i was already getting some jojoba oil and had heard good things about sweet almond oil. at first i didn't really use it.I'd use it to take off make up once in awhile but most times i use extra virgin olive oil for that.
Lately I have been using the SAO as a moisturizer on my skin (body and face) after my showers. my skin looks awesome and is sooo soft. it hasn't broken my face out it's actually helped clear up some of the blackheads around my nose. which also happens when i use the jojoba oil on my face regularly.
Tonight I straightened my hair and i normally do not do that. I have thick curly frizzy hair. I put some SAO in my hands and rubbed it thru my hair when i was done with the flat iron instead of using a heavy silicone anti frizz treatment. my hair feels awesome. not frizzy doesn't look greasy it's soft and shiny. Just don't use too much or i am sure it could look very greasy.
I have been using SAO in my hair quite a bit recently anyway usually before a shower when i brush it out or if i am gonna be outside in the sun let it soak in in the heat.
I transfered it from the 4oz bottle it came in into a spray bottle when i get out of the shower i spray it on whichever body parts i want it on. when i put it on my face i spray into my palm and then rub my hands together and apply. I have oily skin on my face and idon't think it's made my face gross or anything BUT on days i put makeup on i use a different moisturizer. or a before bedtime facial moisturizer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

I buy 100% pure sweet almond oil from a local natural grocer. It's a bit pricey, but there's no clouding and it's fantastic for makeup removal and skin cleansing while adding a little bit of moisture to the skin. I suggest using a toner with this to refresh the skin and remove any leftover residue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 8:59:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! It has a nice calming effect when my skin is all dry and flaky from acne products. It really makes your skin glow! So cheap, it's an other great product I discovered thanks to MUA!
I put it in a squeeze bottle for convenience, as the packaging isn't great unless you're using cotton pads to apply it. I prefer to massage it in with my hands to help it sink in.