April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I am trying EVOO, then the avocado oil, and now the sweet almond oil. I found the sweet almond oil is the most moisturizing among the three, it makes your skin softer while avocado oil is the oil that take the itch away. EVOO is better for hair and feet IMO. I guess I will use almond sweet oil for face, my body with avocado, and hair with EVOO. the sweet almond oil is for sale at Down to Earth (any organic food store) mine is 4.99 for 4 fl. oz (brand: NOW personal care.) update: it made my skin soft, however, I got few (one or two) tiny whiteheads/red dots every time I added this to the skincare routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ali_has_curves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the few oils which I apply on my body, I buy a NZ brand called healtheries. It comes in a 500ml bottle. My Mum swears by this and often I use the Sweet Almond Oil as my body moisturiser in the winter months. This lovely after having shaved my legs, and body exfoliation. Cheap inexpensive, at grocery stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by kkarm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have oily skin BUT beware –problem with oily skin is we tend to over-dry it which leads to the skin thinking it needs more oil and thus the shine and oily face!! So the trick is to moisturize really well, oily skin needs OIL.

I started getting a lot of white heads and cysts, but skin was good never had this problem. Turns out thanks to winter this year my skin is extra dehydrated. Tried to wash/moisturize it wasn’t sufficient.. ENTER ALMOND OIL it did wonders.

Use: wash face, my skin extra dry, I take 5-6 drops massage into skin. Let it sink in about 30seconds then I top it with my cetaphil moisturizer.

Most other reviewers said it did not sink in, may be my skin is extra dry but the oil absorbs quite instantly. I use it day time, apply make-up then evening as well. So far great dewy skin, no more cysts, breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 9:05:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

I've only been using this for about a week and I know it's too soon to write a review but I would like to keep a record of my progress for this one... So far it's working fine. My only other experience with facial oils is Clarin's Blue Orchid and I'm still undecided on that. However I'm using this as a nighttime cleansing oil more than anything else. I follow this with a cleansing lotion and my skin is left very very clean yet soft and pores are greatly diminished. I have tried using it as a serum and although I like waking up to super soft skin I don't like how long it takes to absorb. But generally so far so good, no clogged pores or breakouts. Will edit if anything changes. Edit: Ha! I knew it was too good to be true. This started clogging up my pores big time! It's still good for removing eye make up... I think I'll use it up as a hair treatment...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all the readily available/commonly used for OCM oils (olive, jojoba, castor, etc) I find this is the best for my skin. This is good for a facial steaming/removing make up. I do not suggest leaving this on if you have the type of skin where nothing truly sinks in because this will be no exception and if you're lucky enough that it does, it'll be awhile. This oil does do a good job of nourishing my skin before cleansing when its exceptionally dehydrated. And it does not cause breakouts, cystic or otherwise!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ckgyspy

Wow!!-- I have combination skin and thought that sweet almond oil might make me break out but based on the reviews here I figured I would give a try. No breakouts!! (of course it is winter time so we will see once the weather gets warmer).

I have seen a noticible minimizing effect of the fine lines on my forehead much more so than the expensive anti-aging products (it seems to be only in the morning, when I wake up). I've only been using it for about 3 weeks. I use it as a makeup remover at night and wipe off with a cotton pad (no need to moisturize). I would love to use it in the day time but the oil doesn't absorb fast enough.. so I use it when I don't have to leave the house. Great stuff and you can't beet the price!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 5:19:00 AM More reviews by almost40

I have started using oils to moisturise after cleansing with them for ages and loving the results.I mixed almond oil with grapeseed oil and applied a drop while my skin was still slightly damp then went to bed.The next morning my skin glowed! I couldn't believe it,my makeup went on like a dream and my 41 year old skin looks flawless.I will never buy cleansers or moisturisers again,will stick to oils :o)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by MissSayuri

I bought the Aura Cacia Sweet Almond Oil when i read the reviews on MUA.

I was really skeptical to use the oil on my face especially when i've never really used any oils before. Using my previous skin regimen i would usually have clear skin but with massive dry, peeling patches around my cheeks and lips.

Once using Sweet Almond Oil my skin is nourished all over! I no longer have dry patches and my co-worker says my skin is dewy looking.

The only advice i have is that its a bit tricky to get just one drop and that's all i pretty much needed. Sometimes i mix it up with a little bit of facial lotion to distribute it nicely. The best is to massage it thoroughly onto face after a hot shower when the pores are open.

The aura cacia bottle packging is awesome because it has a rubber top dispenser that neatly dispenses drops instead of having it leak out down the side. The other thing is that my hands get a bit oily after application so i wash my hands before i touch other objects.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jessijay

By far, my favorite facial oil (along with camellia). Both are incredibly soothing and moisturizing w/o being heavy. When I switched from RAM to TAZ, my skin needed pampering & moisture. I break out terribly with any silicones! So cold-pressed oils have been a staple in my routine for years. I rotate sweet almond or EVOO for oil cleansing method. Makes an awesome nightly serum (mixed with facial spray or toner). It's also great for soothing rough cuticles. Look for cold-pressed, UNrefined & organic. Also look for vitamin E on the ingredient list, it helps to keep the oil from oxidising as quickly. Shelf life should be approx 1 year max. I recommend Heritage Products.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

I tell ya, Whole Foods has become THE place to shop for face/body/hair care products. Sweet Almond Oil is so hydrating and nourshing. Just add a drop to all your favorite (and not so favorite) products, including hair, and watch wonders work. After you have applied your make up for the day, add a drop to palm of hands (teensy bit!) and pat gently into your face. Talk about glow! Make sure you purchased PURE Sweet Amond Oil. Read the label, as some have fillers. Like I've been saying here at MUA, more $$$$ for the fun stuff. I always believed pure, natural ingredients works best on face, body and hair. Luv it. This and Jojoba Oil are right up front of my stash. They have both earned their place. Bravo!

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No