October 31, 2014 | 1536 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I use it for:

Face oil cleanser
Face oil moisturizer with/without niacinamide
Face oil steam treatment
Face and eye MU remover
Face primer
Body moisturizer, post-shower
Body scrub, with sugar-lime-salt or loofah
Hair conditioner and moisture-sealer, post-wash/rinse
Mittens and tootsy treatment

PROS (so far no CONS):
Non-comedogenic on scalp/face/body
Thin/med texture
Super-fatted
Multi-use and a good back-up for other HGs
Affordable and easy to find/store

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by compacj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it a very good moisturer for your face And it leaves your sking soft and it not only for your face too sometimes I like to put it into the tub on a winter day because it brings all the moisture back to your skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

So glad I found this product on MUA! Always have EVOO in my pantry but I never thought to use it as a beauty treatment. It's cheap and very moisturizing on my wintry skin & hair. How I use it is as an overnight mask for my coarse, frizzy hair which was recently highlighted, I coat my hair with a thin layer and cover it in a shower cap while I sleep. EVOO make my split ends less noticeable and my hair is so smooth when I wash it in the morning! Also use it as a hair serum, just avoid applying it to your roots because it looks greasy...this makes an amazing serum for coarse or relaxed hair and works better for me than anything else I've tried to de-fuzz it. My only complaint is the smell, which reminds me of a deep fryer and it does not absorb completely into my skin or hair. EVOO has been a go-to for me lately for added moisture on my legs and feet. I'm too scared to use it on my face because I'm severely acne-prone and oily, but I use it everywhere else. Love this natural treatment and its my new HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by woodelf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I suffer from extremely dry skin and I use this for foundation primer, night moisturiser, cleanser and eye make up remover and it works wonders.
To clean and brighten my skin.. I use this every morning and night, I massage it into my (makeupfree) face for a few minutes.. then press a hot wash cloth to it for a few more, then just wipe the rest away. It leaves my skin looking so much brighter and smoother! It also seems to exfoliate flakey bits too, AND the blackheads on my nose have shrank.
Also a small amount when used as a primer makes my foundation/bb cream look so dewy and natural, even after powder.. and it stays perfect all day!! I will never waste my money on expensive primers again that do not work!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by joofish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great for using sparingly around the eyes. Be careful, if you over apply you WILL breakout. I would not recommend for breakout prone skin. If you are super sensitive to eye products, this is a great alternative to expensive eye creams that do more harm than good!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by SanyaX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Omgggg absolutely love this product. It cleared my dry skin overnight ! And I mean literally overnight ! I'm totally baffled. I had suffered from dry skin on my stomach , it was a mess so I went doctors and they prescribed me to some cream but obviously it didn't work so I heard extra virgin olive oil works wonders and it did ! Would highly recommend if you have really flaky dry discoloured skin. I am so glad now I found this. My skin feels like a baby's bum !

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

My aunt got me onto this--she has zero wrinkles, no lie--despite being a grandmother to 8 kids. Her skin is fresh & soft, no hyper pigmentation, wrinkles, or anything, and she is very proud of her looks. She loves to relay her "beauty secrets" to all and sundry--they really are no secret by now--1. Olive oil applied on the face after washing 2. the blue tin of Nivea cream for a daily moisturizer. So the Nivea thing doesn't work for me as a moisturizer, more for an occasional face mask--but the olive oil thing does. I like to mix it with a few drops of pure coconut oil, it really sinks in well this way. I also do the Gankin face massage (free PDF instructions on the website) when i apply. And wipe excess with a wet cloth. i have accumulated a lot of moisturizers, from Nivea, to Korres, to Elizabeth Arden, etc--so i put one of those on right after the EVOO.
I think my skin is really perfect these days, needs no foundation--and it would be due to this routine.This is also really good for pregnancy--it soothes the skin on the tummy, which feels really raw and painful otherwise.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Lamonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOVE This Stuff!!! My Skin Has Been Super Dry Lately. Ive Been Doing My Oatmeal/Honey/Lemon/Milk Mask, and May I Say I Love It!!! But My Skin Is Beginning To Get A Little Dry. So I Just Used This On My Chin And Around My Mouth Area And KAZAM! No More Itch or Dryness! I can tell this might be too much oil for the day time, but ill definitely use this for night!! great stuff!!! and its cheap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover ever! Is cheap, natural, and removes long-wearing foundation (Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear) without leaving my skin feeling irritated. I always use a mild cleanser after removing my makeup tho. I also add it to facial masks. If you haven't tried it I recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried it on my eyelashes one night after removing my makeup. I woke up the next morning and applied my mascara and was amazed at how much better my mascara applied! My lashes just felt like they were in top condition, that the mascara just glided on, didn't clump whatsoever and just were full of body and held better (I even use waterproof mascara). Def going to start using Olive oil on my lashes more often!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No