September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by uncontrolled

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Best makeup remover ever! Is cheap, natural, and removes long-wearing foundation (Revlon Colorstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear) without leaving my skin feeling irritated. I always use a mild cleanser after removing my makeup tho. I also add it to facial masks. If you haven't tried it I recommend it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried it on my eyelashes one night after removing my makeup. I woke up the next morning and applied my mascara and was amazed at how much better my mascara applied! My lashes just felt like they were in top condition, that the mascara just glided on, didn't clump whatsoever and just were full of body and held better (I even use waterproof mascara). Def going to start using Olive oil on my lashes more often!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by xmaac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live by Olive Oil, it removes my makeup so well and even better than real makeup removers, it not only acts to remove makeup, but I also use it on my eyelashes at night and I've noticed that it does make my lower lashes longer! I sometimes use it as a moisturizer and mix it with sugar for a scrub. Theres so many things you can do with evoo, definetly a must to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Oh my gosh, there's sooo many reviews that could be essays. So I'll just keep it as short as I can.
At first, I started using this as eye makeup remover. And it's GREAT! It might as well be free and it removes all the pigments in an INSTANT.
Now, I also use this as a moisturizer at night. My skin is acne-prone, so when I use anti-aging products, I break out instantly. But with this EVOO, I just DON'T breakout.
It does get a little messy though, so I make sure I have cotton balls, buds, etc.

So it's great. Get it. Cheap for skin care and also, hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by valeeeriaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started to use EVOO on my nails as a moisturizer and I must say my nails look amazing . Healthy and shiny . Then I decided to use this as a makeup remover . Holy crap . It is amazing . With just a few drops on a warm washcloth , all my eye makeup came off . It leaves a little bit of an oily residue which I don't mind as I just massage it in . Seriously guys this stuff is great . There is no weird smell and it's all natural . This is a great alternative for makeup remover and moistrizers . Would recommend it . It's worth a try .

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by lisakaminar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been suffering from extremely dry skin for the past year or so. I think it may be due to going on new birth control, or maybe it's just that I'm getting older, but I have tried everything to correct it! My skin has been peeling, flaking, scaly, red, and sensitive. I couldn't wear makeup to cover up the redness because it just accentuated the flakiness.I have spent hundreds of dollars on expensive serums and creams as well as prescriptions from the doctor that either did nothing for me or made me break out.

The worst part is I'm getting married in a month and didn't want to walk down the isle a red flakey mess, so in my last desperate attempt I tried extra virgin olive oil. Wow! I am so shocked! Flakes and redness have already started to clear up. Skin feels soft and moisturized. I was able to put on some concealer today without it looking like a cakey flakey mess. I'm so excited I just want to spread the word of EVOO! Who knew after spending hundreds of dollars on skincare products, the best and least expensive one was sitting in my kitchen cabinet all along.

My advice for this is to decant it into a smaller bottle and apply it to a cotton pad before applying over your face to avoid a big mess. I also recommend just trying a small patch of it on your face first to see how you react to it rather than slathering it all over immediately.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heat a little in the microwave and dip my nails in it. I rub it into my cuticles a little and let it sit a few minutes. Gently wipe it off with a washcloth. Leaves my cuticles looking great and feeling soft. I also gently rub it on my toes to soften the cuticles.

I mix it with honey then apply to dry or damp hair, wrap my hair in plastic wrap or a plastic cap, then sit in the sun for 20-30 minutes. My hair (long, blonde, fine, highlighted) comes out super smooth. I did this is mid July then went to an outdoor concert and my hair stayed smooth even in the super-hot, super-humid weather.

My hairstylist told me that she learned that olive oil molecules are too big to penetrate the hair shaft, they will just coat it.

The honey can lighten your hair. I have no problem with that as I am a natural dark blonde (7 in a 1-7 chart) and foil it to a lt blonde like I had as a child. The last time I did this I didn't sit outside in the sun and it wasn't as moisturizing - the heat really helps. My hair did brighten up a lot (from the honey). This time I added an egg. Can't remember how much that helped.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by st3f4n42srb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try olive oil to remove my mascara, as an alternative to using makeup wipes (which make my undereyes burn). Everyone online said olive oil was amazing for makeup removal & that even waterproof mascara would come right off.

...

It didn't work. It hardly took any of my mascara off, instead just coating my eyelashes with oil. *Sigh* I was so sure that it would work! I've tried two different types of olive oil so far, & I will continue to try a few more. Hopefully I'll find one that works. If not, I guess I'll just have to suffer & use makeup wipes..

Edit: I have continued to try it & have had no success. I now succeed in removing most of my mascara, but I end up seriously burning my eyes in the process, despite the fact that they are tightly shut. It also causes me to have blurred vision & sore tear ducts the next morning.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by juicyluvr75

I thought olive oil was gonna be a miracle product for me but it turned out to be a disaster. i got the best olive oil i could and put a small amount all over, after my shower. 30 minutes later, i was leaving oil marks everywhere i sat. The oil just wouldn't sink in. It just sits on the surface. I do admit that it softens my skin though. It's been about 4 hours since i've applied olive oil and there is still residue. My skin is still slippery ):

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by thirdsword

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Such a great and versatile product. First of all I love the taste it imparts in food (I sometimes try substituting it with different oils and it just isn't the same)! I also use it to remove all that heavy makeup from my face before washing and wiping the last bits off... No stinging, no irritation (I used to have a sample of Clinique's eye makeup solvent and it stung like hell!). Skincare-wise, I use a small amount mixed with a couple of drops of tea tree oil as a moisturizer... It isn't overly greasy, but I think I should switch to something light and mattifying for the day so that my makeup will last longer. Still, the olive oil/tea tree oil blend works like a charm and I love how my skin looks and feels the next morning!