October 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by cathyz123

I love this product! it has improved the condition of my cuticles immensely! i use it on my elbows, knees and heels as well and i am pleased to say that my heels are no longer cracked like they used to be. the product smells nice and lemony (as you would expect) and the whole tub is well worth the money since you can use it for so many things and you don't need much at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by fabulousSHEL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased the Lemony Flutter product finally from Lush. A little goes a VERY LONG way as I use it on my nails and hands all together. My hands are extremely soft after I use this. My nails are noticeably stronger as well.

My recommendations are this: Use it at night before you go to bed. I am not at all a fan of greasy, oily lotions that don't absorb. I also suggest using this with the Ocean Salt as a hand scrub/moisturizer. Use WARM water to rinse off. Then apply a touch more. The warmth of your hands allow the product too seep into your skin better. This helps it too not be super heavy/thick/oily when its on your hands.

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by dsignrchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so glad I sampled this product. If you have a Lush store nearby don't even hesitate. Stop by and they'll give you a generous sample. I tried this and overnight my cuticles were dramatically different. I used to use CND's solar oil (also amazing) which was a completely different consistency, but I prefer the Lemony Flutter.
I've been using this nightly for about a month now and my cuticles are so soft I barely use my cuticle remover anymore. My nails are also way thicker and healthy looking.
My one complant is how much pricier it is in the U.S than the U.K ($14.95 vs.£5.95). Regardless of the price I think it'll be worth it because it will definitely last me over a year. don't see why people complain about the smell. It has such a good sweet lemony scent I almost tasted it (I didn't I swear!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Staple in my nail care routine. I use this one on a daily base, most of the time I apply a thick layer on my cuticles and leave it there for about an hour or so, then rub in the remains afterwards. Works much better that those expensive nail treatments in my opinion. I have very healthy nails and cuticles as a result.
Very versatile butter, I also use this as a hand cream (just a tiny bit, otherwise it can be a greasy mess), on my heels, knees, elbows and other dry bits.
Love the lemony smell too and brightens the nails too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KerryWalkerNZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product on the recommendation of the girls on the Nail Board, and they were on the money. I wear latex gloves at work all day and have to wash my hands frequently, so I really struggle with dry cuticles. Also, I have the bad habbit of picking at the skin around my cuticles, especially if it's dry. However, I find that if I use LF regularly, my cuticles will behave and I am less likely to mess with them. The product is super rich and moisturising with a very strong lemon (almost like dishwashing liquid) scent. I didn't like the scent at first, but it's grown on me.
I also use this on my elbow and heels to moisturise. And I have CRAZY dry skin under my eyes so I use it there too - all with great results.
I was a bit hesitant about the price, but there is a ton of product in the package and you only use such a small amount. I've had my pot for well over a year and it's still going strong.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

I truly adore this stuff, and give it HG status without a second thought. It smells lemony, comes in a giant 50g pot that will hopefully last well over a year (for me, Lush stuff normally lasts way after the sticker date). I used to suffer with really dry cuticles and hangnails that bled. I'd previously tried Solar oil, Burt's Cuticle cream and Badger balm. This is noticeably better than any of them and is much more cost-effective. It's thick, a bit waxy, mildly addictive (like lots of Lush stuff) and has improved the condition of my hands so much. My search is over! What would be really fab is a 10g lip balm style tin of LF for travelling.

Update: 5/7/13 After suffering with a constantly-splitting nail for a while and very dehydrated nails, the only thing that has cured them is Solar Oil. So I've knocked off a star.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by astoner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! The good points: I wear it to bed every night. A little goes a long way, so I massage the cream into the cuticles, nails and tips of my fingers. Then I put on my cotton night gloves. In the morning I have lovely soft skin and beautiful nails. It's especially good in the wintertime to prevent cracking. I understand it has many other uses e.g. soften feet, elbows, as a lip balm. It is expensive but it lasts a long, long time! It's good to know that the ingredients are natural. The not so good points: It smells lemony with a hint of bacon grease. It's not something that I can't get used to because the results are great. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This must be the worst thing LUSH has ever produced. Yes it smells great, and yes it melts on your skin like butter but it leaves a shiny, greasy coat on my hands that smudges on anything, and doesn't moisturise or soften my skin at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by MonKipper

I really like this product. I ended up buying this from the Lush store near my house after I spotted it while I was looking for something else. I use this every time I give myself a manicure or change my nail colour (every 2-3 days) and I find it works really well. It makes my cuticles lovely and soft, and they look much better. I also really love the scent of this product (itís really lemony) although I agree with some other reviewers on here when they say it can be a little overwhelming. I paid around £5 ($8US) for a 50g tub of this stuff, and I definitely believe you are getting value for money, considering you use such a small amount on each finger. Itís going to take ages to use up!  A little bit of this stuff goes a long way, and after putting it on your fingers you can see it melting into your cuticles with the heat of your skin. Iím really happy with this product and will definitely buy it again. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Sorry Lush, I love you but this was a big miss. I should have gotten a sample. I had tried it on at the store, I wasn't crazy about the smell but I was living in the UK and couldn't afford manicures all the time. I thought this would help, sadly it was so damn greasy that it annoyed me so much. I didn't love the lemsip smell. =( Anyways I'm not going to purchase this again since after 3 months I found the upper layer went hard and it looked like it was going bad. I know they use as little as possible perservatives so I ended up tossing this away.