Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 2

3.9

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

FOUND A CHEAP VERSION!!! Loved this product but can't afford. However, after searching for a cheap substitute for YSL Touche Eclat, and trying Avon's version which went on like concrete and dried instantly, not even allowing me to spread and blend, I finally found IT! It is Lumene's Touch of Radiance Highlighter!!!! It brightens my eyes with that beautiful "light" around my eyes, does NOT settle in my fine lines (which is why I have always passed on under eye concealer), and makes me look like a young girl (I am over 40). I did not even recognize myself in the mirror! Please buy this product so that they never stop making it because I cannot afford the YSL product. If they stop making it, I'll just have to do without. It is sold at CVS drugstores but for some reason is not on the CVS website. You can, however, see it on Lumene's website.

Do not purchase this if your looking for a concealer. This doesnt do it.
What it does is it really 'brightens' your eyes. I use it around my eyelids , the corners of my eyes and under my eyes over my concealer. It really makes me look more awake and prettier I dont think I could live without it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

What a drag - I am one of the few who can't make this work. I agree w/a prior reviewer who found #2 was the right shade, but it created an unnatural paleness around my eyes, which "drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda." And as if that weren't bad enough, this magic pen definitely *ages* me -- YIKES! By the time I was done applying this, carefully & in small amounts, my eyes looked 10 years older & like I'd just finished a 2-hour crying jag.

I tried it on 3 separate mornings, but it never turned out well. In addition, when I used the technique of gently patting the area w/ring finger, after applying highlighter, the damn stuff just lifted off onto my finger, along with the concealer that was underneath. What a huge snafu.

Before purchasing I thoroughly researched the differences between shade #1 and #2 and am very glad I chose #2.
First of all, shade #1 was the first one YSL put out so it was sort of a generic color in the sense that it was supposed to appeal to a wide range of skin tones hence the color "Luminous Radiance". It is quite pink. I am very pale and am very thankful to the other MUA reviewers who said that shade #2, "Luminous Ivory", is more yellow-based but actually lighter and more natural if you are fair. And they were absolutely right! Companies loves to put lots of "pink" in foundations and concealers for fair skin and it just looks garish and odd most of the time. My skin tone is not Crayola Carnation Pink anymore so than someone's is Maize yellow. ;)
But I digress...the product works wonderfully and and doesn't just cover under-eye darkness but also diffuses it somehow so it looks natural and you don't get that heavy concealer look.
Bottom line: if you are pale consider shade #2 instead of #1...

No 2 is the best all around color in my opinion. i was using No 1 until a woman suggested i try No 2 and WOW what a difference. i still wish it lasted longer. it seems like you get a good hour or two and then it's gone. i can't help but love it though. i bought No 2 for a friend and she said the same thing. honestly, try No 2!!

I have got #3 (peachy) and #1 (pale pink) and just got #2 (ivory) on last Friday. I use #3 to conceal the dark circle and highlight with #2. Before, the SA recommended #1 for me. All along, I don't think it's good matching with my skin tone. On last Friday, I went to the counter at IFC, Hong Kong and requested to try another shade #2. As I have yellow base skin tone that #1 is more suitable layer on the #3 and it's good matching with me. Besides, I use it to embellish the brow bone, the nose side and the chin. The texture is so smooth, light and not powdery. It looks great after setting with the loos powder as well.

My all time favorite, have gone through 3 of these in the last few years - and just bought 2 more at the airport (cheaper there then in shops).

It is the perfect pick-me-up, to make your eye area brighter - I inherited permanent dark pigment under my eyes, but this product does make a difference. A light, natural difference though. If I feel more determined to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I go the full route of eye cream (Korres) + concealer (MAC) + Touche Eclat = perfection :)

Very moist. Nice glow. Very pricy. Needs constant cleaning.

I'm another victim of the skin rash. Admittedly, I didn't wash the brush and dry it as carefully as I should have. I loved the product before the allergic reaction. It really made a difference in how I looked.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

As many reviewers have already noted, this is more a highlighter than a concealer. It might still be OK to use on its own if you don't have dark undereye circles, but if you do then you'll need to use this in combination with a proper concealer. I have dark undereye circles, redness and deep hollows and this wasn't able to detract from them so this was only adequate for me as a highlighter.

The No2 was the best match for my skintone but I still found it too light. It tended to create a pale halo around my eyes which even drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda. It was also quite drying and caused my undereye area to become flaky and crusty. As with most YSL products though, the packaging luxe and divine. I didn't have a problem with the brush becoming smelly.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products