Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat No 2

3.9

on 10/8/2008 2:52:00 AM

I have got #3 (peachy) and #1 (pale pink) and just got #2 (ivory) on last Friday. I use #3 to conceal the dark circle and highlight with #2. Before, the SA recommended #1 for me. All along, I don't think it's good matching with my skin tone. On last Friday, I went to the counter at IFC, Hong Kong and requested to try another shade #2. As I have yellow base skin tone that #1 is more suitable layer on the #3 and it's good matching with me. Besides, I use it to embellish the brow bone, the nose side and the chin. The texture is so smooth, light and not powdery. It looks great after setting with the loos powder as well.

on 9/17/2008 11:09:00 AM

My all time favorite, have gone through 3 of these in the last few years - and just bought 2 more at the airport (cheaper there then in shops).

It is the perfect pick-me-up, to make your eye area brighter - I inherited permanent dark pigment under my eyes, but this product does make a difference. A light, natural difference though. If I feel more determined to get rid of the dark circles under my eyes, I go the full route of eye cream (Korres) + concealer (MAC) + Touche Eclat = perfection :)

on 8/1/2008 5:50:00 AM

Very moist. Nice glow. Very pricy. Needs constant cleaning.

on 7/24/2008 4:06:00 AM

I'm another victim of the skin rash. Admittedly, I didn't wash the brush and dry it as carefully as I should have. I loved the product before the allergic reaction. It really made a difference in how I looked.

on 6/7/2008 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

As many reviewers have already noted, this is more a highlighter than a concealer. It might still be OK to use on its own if you don't have dark undereye circles, but if you do then you'll need to use this in combination with a proper concealer. I have dark undereye circles, redness and deep hollows and this wasn't able to detract from them so this was only adequate for me as a highlighter.

The No2 was the best match for my skintone but I still found it too light. It tended to create a pale halo around my eyes which even drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda. It was also quite drying and caused my undereye area to become flaky and crusty. As with most YSL products though, the packaging luxe and divine. I didn't have a problem with the brush becoming smelly.

on 5/28/2008 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

nice highlighter rather than concealer can be drying under the eyes. brush applicator does not work for me but application with a stippling brush around eyes seems to be better. not a hg product but glamourus pen to carry in your make up bag especially on the touch and go. big disadvantage it the colours available as it seems to limit the kind of skin tones that this will work for. but has appeared to last me a long time.
Edit: i am very happy with my pen i have to say ive now mastered the art of applying it. you must make sure your skin is well moisturised and apply to areas such eyebags either straight from the brush or taking from the back of your hand. i find that a patting motion with your fourth finger from your thumb works best. however i would say this is for those days when your skin is less then blemished and dry. this works great to accentuate your lips. simply line the contours of your lips and blend. also works great to redefine lips prior lipstick application. you must remember this is a highlighter so if your eye bags are a nightmare you will have to have some concealer on underneath. ive read that many have suffered the eye rash. and i must say ladies if you wash your brush tip in luke warm water after each application (and i know it is a drag) it will deter any chances of a rash occuring. i stress washing the brush and keeping it clean is a must because to have to throw away such an expensiv item is a pain in the back side. it is a versatile product and application needs to be mastered to suit the person. watch the touche eclat webiste for tips. there are copies out there but none match this, not a must buy but definately something to purchase should you want to try a high end highlighter.

on 5/17/2008 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure about this product. I definitely wouldn't call it a concealer because it didn't cover up any of my imperfections.
I bought it because it gets raves reviews in magazines but I don't know what the big deal is, it really doesn't do anything for me.
It goes on sheer and smooth without creasing and brightens the area around the eyes, but its so not worth the price tag.

on 4/20/2008 5:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It does a decent job in brightening up the undereye area, but I find it's a little drying. This is not a concealer so if you have dark undereye circles like me you'd need to use a concealer underneath. I'd definately repurchase if it was more moisturizing, but it isn't so I'm on the lookout for a better highlighter.

on 4/12/2008 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I used #1 before. While it was great it was a little pinkish. #2 is more yellow based (albeit light), which works better on my MMM, yellow undertoned skin. Gives lovely illumination, really does brighten up touched upon areas (e.g underneath the eyes, corners of the eyes) as well as definition where needed (I love using it on my brow bones, sometimes above the brows to enhance the arch). It's not meant to be used as a concealer.

The price in Malaysia has definitely gone up since I last purchased (used to be RM119, 3 years back) - retails for RM126 now but still worth it.

on 3/20/2008 6:20:00 PM

Either I do not know what to do with it or simple disaster. I spent lot money on this, but I can not see any improvements. I have really dark circles under my eyes it does noting for me. Does not cover at all.

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products