July 28, 2014 | 1262 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im nc30 and i bought this is shade #1 ages ago and it was way too white for me- especially when i got a bit more tanned. Shade 2 is perfect for me though. I was with my friend at the YSL counter for about an hour the other day looking at different products and we both said how #1 didnt do anything for us and was too light and the SA rec #2. By the way, just a note that in the UK #2 is only available at the airports duty free and Harrods. 1 is pinky, 2 is more yellow based (lightly not a la MAC yellow!) #3 looked very dark/orange but once on none of the SA's could believe how natural and great it looked- although didnt highlight as well for me as #2. Please dont be put of by #3, yes u have to be at least nc30-35 onwards but it blended in so well with no effort on me :) I bought the #2 in the end and i use BB corrector then this on top and my under eye area looks really refreshed. however i dont feel this lasts long at all, its always fading off however i NEVER get the cakey dry look, even after re applying during the day :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by glozzies

Ahhh.... the trusty touche Eclat.
It has been a staple in my make up bag for years. This product does not dry and is enough to cover up my bags, I am lucky to have lighter circles. If you have darker circles instead of putting too much product, which then tends to cake and create lines use a little concealer underneath the highlighter, it does wonders and viola! you are refreshed and ready to go out! If you want more of a concealer that doubles as a highlighter I recommend Laura Mercer Secret Camouflage Concealer. Unfortunately they only come in a pot at the moment and is not as compact as the Touche.

I will definitely recommend this product. Spend a few extra dollars for a essential products like quality concealers it makes all the difference in the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

I absolutely love this stuff! It is now my HG for a concealer, highlighter, and cover-up. It's great to not only start my day out with as a concealer, but for later in the day for touch-ups. I have searched high and low for a concealer that will truly conceal my under-eye circles that looks natural, and this is it. No caking in the fine lines under my eyes either! I only gave the packaging a 3 because I'd like to be able to see how much product is in there. I don't really care for the brush applicator either, but I can live with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good ole' Touche Eclat! Its a product I always come back to- for under eye concealment- the colours aren't amazing, but its a nice light product that you can wear on or over your foundation to illuminate areas!

draw back: quite long to layer up if you're looking that bit more tired!

great packaging though v. sophisticated! good make-up bagger!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome!!!!! For years I bought really thick and cakey concealers thinking that was the only thing that would help me but now I know less is more. This sheer formula looks great and natural when you put it on, and the light reflecting makes a huge difference. The colours are all quite light though, which is fine for me (super super pale) but most people might need to use a regular concealer with this on top (?). Anywa, wonderful product. I am getting dangerously addicted to luxury cosmetics brands I cannot afford.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by oxxoxxoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good product when you have perfect skin to start with. My skin can be a bit flaky around the eyes sometimes, due to the cold climate i live in (sadly, moisturizers don't help) and Touche Eclat does a horrible job - accentuates the flaking.
This tone is good for yellowish skin.
Btw, it makes my undereye skin too glowy - i usually like to use a compact powder on top of it.
Still, i'll probably buy it again, unless i'll find something cheaper.

EDIT: Tried it again after it's been sitting in my cupboard for half a year. What can i say..my skin condition has improved overtime, no more flakiness, and i am seriously in love with this product now. Perfect to brighten up my face by using it under eyes and in inner corners of eyes. I also find that it's great to accentuate the top lip arch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice shade and the texture is really soft. It makes face glow. Must-have for professional makeup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is total HG material for me! Previously, I had used the Touche Eclat No. 1, which, on my light golden skin, was a tad too pink. I guess most people's undereye circles are a bluish tone, so a pinky tone combats that, but my undereye circles are more mauvey-brown, so when I added pink, it didn't really help.

Anyway... the No. 2 is a pale, light beige with golden tones. And let me tell you - a bit of this dabbed on top of my Cle de Peau in Ivory is perfect! It completely erases the fact that I only get 5-6 hour of sleep in the weekdays and makes me look well-rested. It also adds a nice moisturization to the undereye area and smooths it out. Love it and would purchase again and again, despite the big price tag of almost $40!

I did rate this a 4 for packaging because even though the gold click pen is easy to use and attractive, it would help to have a clear window on the side to see when I need to repurchase another one.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by littlemermaidcn

Beautiful package, easy to apply and carry about, great coverage and sheer in the same time; But it drys too quick on my face :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by belcanto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only concealer I will ever use. SO easy to apply and doesn't cake or emphasize wrinkles. It stays on well too. It is a bit expensive but well worth the price. When I don't have time to put make-up on in the morning, I use just this product and a lipstick. It livens me up and makes me look refreshed and ready to go! I highly recommend it.