October 25, 2014 | 1319 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used #1 before. While it was great it was a little pinkish. #2 is more yellow based (albeit light), which works better on my MMM, yellow undertoned skin. Gives lovely illumination, really does brighten up touched upon areas (e.g underneath the eyes, corners of the eyes) as well as definition where needed (I love using it on my brow bones, sometimes above the brows to enhance the arch). It's not meant to be used as a concealer.

The price in Malaysia has definitely gone up since I last purchased (used to be RM119, 3 years back) - retails for RM126 now but still worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

Either I do not know what to do with it or simple disaster. I spent lot money on this, but I can not see any improvements. I have really dark circles under my eyes it does noting for me. Does not cover at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im nc30 and i bought this is shade #1 ages ago and it was way too white for me- especially when i got a bit more tanned. Shade 2 is perfect for me though. I was with my friend at the YSL counter for about an hour the other day looking at different products and we both said how #1 didnt do anything for us and was too light and the SA rec #2. By the way, just a note that in the UK #2 is only available at the airports duty free and Harrods. 1 is pinky, 2 is more yellow based (lightly not a la MAC yellow!) #3 looked very dark/orange but once on none of the SA's could believe how natural and great it looked- although didnt highlight as well for me as #2. Please dont be put of by #3, yes u have to be at least nc30-35 onwards but it blended in so well with no effort on me :) I bought the #2 in the end and i use BB corrector then this on top and my under eye area looks really refreshed. however i dont feel this lasts long at all, its always fading off however i NEVER get the cakey dry look, even after re applying during the day :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by glozzies

Ahhh.... the trusty touche Eclat.
It has been a staple in my make up bag for years. This product does not dry and is enough to cover up my bags, I am lucky to have lighter circles. If you have darker circles instead of putting too much product, which then tends to cake and create lines use a little concealer underneath the highlighter, it does wonders and viola! you are refreshed and ready to go out! If you want more of a concealer that doubles as a highlighter I recommend Laura Mercer Secret Camouflage Concealer. Unfortunately they only come in a pot at the moment and is not as compact as the Touche.

I will definitely recommend this product. Spend a few extra dollars for a essential products like quality concealers it makes all the difference in the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

I absolutely love this stuff! It is now my HG for a concealer, highlighter, and cover-up. It's great to not only start my day out with as a concealer, but for later in the day for touch-ups. I have searched high and low for a concealer that will truly conceal my under-eye circles that looks natural, and this is it. No caking in the fine lines under my eyes either! I only gave the packaging a 3 because I'd like to be able to see how much product is in there. I don't really care for the brush applicator either, but I can live with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good ole' Touche Eclat! Its a product I always come back to- for under eye concealment- the colours aren't amazing, but its a nice light product that you can wear on or over your foundation to illuminate areas!

draw back: quite long to layer up if you're looking that bit more tired!

great packaging though v. sophisticated! good make-up bagger!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by SnowWhiteQueen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is awesome!!!!! For years I bought really thick and cakey concealers thinking that was the only thing that would help me but now I know less is more. This sheer formula looks great and natural when you put it on, and the light reflecting makes a huge difference. The colours are all quite light though, which is fine for me (super super pale) but most people might need to use a regular concealer with this on top (?). Anywa, wonderful product. I am getting dangerously addicted to luxury cosmetics brands I cannot afford.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by oxxoxxoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a good product when you have perfect skin to start with. My skin can be a bit flaky around the eyes sometimes, due to the cold climate i live in (sadly, moisturizers don't help) and Touche Eclat does a horrible job - accentuates the flaking.
This tone is good for yellowish skin.
Btw, it makes my undereye skin too glowy - i usually like to use a compact powder on top of it.
Still, i'll probably buy it again, unless i'll find something cheaper.

EDIT: Tried it again after it's been sitting in my cupboard for half a year. What can i say..my skin condition has improved overtime, no more flakiness, and i am seriously in love with this product now. Perfect to brighten up my face by using it under eyes and in inner corners of eyes. I also find that it's great to accentuate the top lip arch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 3:19:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice shade and the texture is really soft. It makes face glow. Must-have for professional makeup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2007 3:50:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

This is total HG material for me! Previously, I had used the Touche Eclat No. 1, which, on my light golden skin, was a tad too pink. I guess most people's undereye circles are a bluish tone, so a pinky tone combats that, but my undereye circles are more mauvey-brown, so when I added pink, it didn't really help.

Anyway... the No. 2 is a pale, light beige with golden tones. And let me tell you - a bit of this dabbed on top of my Cle de Peau in Ivory is perfect! It completely erases the fact that I only get 5-6 hour of sleep in the weekdays and makes me look well-rested. It also adds a nice moisturization to the undereye area and smooths it out. Love it and would purchase again and again, despite the big price tag of almost $40!

I did rate this a 4 for packaging because even though the gold click pen is easy to use and attractive, it would help to have a clear window on the side to see when I need to repurchase another one.
continued >>