January 30, 2015 | 910 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2008 2:29:00 AM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As many reviewers have already noted, this is more a highlighter than a concealer. It might still be OK to use on its own if you don't have dark undereye circles, but if you do then you'll need to use this in combination with a proper concealer. I have dark undereye circles, redness and deep hollows and this wasn't able to detract from them so this was only adequate for me as a highlighter.

The No2 was the best match for my skintone but I still found it too light. It tended to create a pale halo around my eyes which even drew attention to the fact that I was trying to conceal something and made me look like a reverse panda. It was also quite drying and caused my undereye area to become flaky and crusty. As with most YSL products though, the packaging luxe and divine. I didn't have a problem with the brush becoming smelly.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by mkupmad727

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

nice highlighter rather than concealer can be drying under the eyes. brush applicator does not work for me but application with a stippling brush around eyes seems to be better. not a hg product but glamourus pen to carry in your make up bag especially on the touch and go. big disadvantage it the colours available as it seems to limit the kind of skin tones that this will work for. but has appeared to last me a long time.
Edit: i am very happy with my pen i have to say ive now mastered the art of applying it. you must make sure your skin is well moisturised and apply to areas such eyebags either straight from the brush or taking from the back of your hand. i find that a patting motion with your fourth finger from your thumb works best. however i would say this is for those days when your skin is less then blemished and dry. this works great to accentuate your lips. simply line the contours of your lips and blend. also works great to redefine lips prior lipstick application. you must remember this is a highlighter so if your eye bags are a nightmare you will have to have some concealer on underneath. ive read that many have suffered the eye rash. and i must say ladies if you wash your brush tip in luke warm water after each application (and i know it is a drag) it will deter any chances of a rash occuring. i stress washing the brush and keeping it clean is a must because to have to throw away such an expensiv item is a pain in the back side. it is a versatile product and application needs to be mastered to suit the person. watch the touche eclat webiste for tips. there are copies out there but none match this, not a must buy but definately something to purchase should you want to try a high end highlighter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ropey

I'm not sure about this product. I definitely wouldn't call it a concealer because it didn't cover up any of my imperfections.
I bought it because it gets raves reviews in magazines but I don't know what the big deal is, it really doesn't do anything for me.
It goes on sheer and smooth without creasing and brightens the area around the eyes, but its so not worth the price tag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 5:26:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does a decent job in brightening up the undereye area, but I find it's a little drying. This is not a concealer so if you have dark undereye circles like me you'd need to use a concealer underneath. I'd definately repurchase if it was more moisturizing, but it isn't so I'm on the lookout for a better highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used #1 before. While it was great it was a little pinkish. #2 is more yellow based (albeit light), which works better on my MMM, yellow undertoned skin. Gives lovely illumination, really does brighten up touched upon areas (e.g underneath the eyes, corners of the eyes) as well as definition where needed (I love using it on my brow bones, sometimes above the brows to enhance the arch). It's not meant to be used as a concealer.

The price in Malaysia has definitely gone up since I last purchased (used to be RM119, 3 years back) - retails for RM126 now but still worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2008 6:20:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

Either I do not know what to do with it or simple disaster. I spent lot money on this, but I can not see any improvements. I have really dark circles under my eyes it does noting for me. Does not cover at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im nc30 and i bought this is shade #1 ages ago and it was way too white for me- especially when i got a bit more tanned. Shade 2 is perfect for me though. I was with my friend at the YSL counter for about an hour the other day looking at different products and we both said how #1 didnt do anything for us and was too light and the SA rec #2. By the way, just a note that in the UK #2 is only available at the airports duty free and Harrods. 1 is pinky, 2 is more yellow based (lightly not a la MAC yellow!) #3 looked very dark/orange but once on none of the SA's could believe how natural and great it looked- although didnt highlight as well for me as #2. Please dont be put of by #3, yes u have to be at least nc30-35 onwards but it blended in so well with no effort on me :) I bought the #2 in the end and i use BB corrector then this on top and my under eye area looks really refreshed. however i dont feel this lasts long at all, its always fading off however i NEVER get the cakey dry look, even after re applying during the day :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 3:11:00 AM More reviews by glozzies

Ahhh.... the trusty touche Eclat.
It has been a staple in my make up bag for years. This product does not dry and is enough to cover up my bags, I am lucky to have lighter circles. If you have darker circles instead of putting too much product, which then tends to cake and create lines use a little concealer underneath the highlighter, it does wonders and viola! you are refreshed and ready to go out! If you want more of a concealer that doubles as a highlighter I recommend Laura Mercer Secret Camouflage Concealer. Unfortunately they only come in a pot at the moment and is not as compact as the Touche.

I will definitely recommend this product. Spend a few extra dollars for a essential products like quality concealers it makes all the difference in the world.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by MakeMeUpToo

I absolutely love this stuff! It is now my HG for a concealer, highlighter, and cover-up. It's great to not only start my day out with as a concealer, but for later in the day for touch-ups. I have searched high and low for a concealer that will truly conceal my under-eye circles that looks natural, and this is it. No caking in the fine lines under my eyes either! I only gave the packaging a 3 because I'd like to be able to see how much product is in there. I don't really care for the brush applicator either, but I can live with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 9:05:00 AM More reviews by bleiboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good ole' Touche Eclat! Its a product I always come back to- for under eye concealment- the colours aren't amazing, but its a nice light product that you can wear on or over your foundation to illuminate areas!

draw back: quite long to layer up if you're looking that bit more tired!

great packaging though v. sophisticated! good make-up bagger!