October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2005 9:04:00 AM More reviews by WickedSkizzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

SHADE: Nude 08

As little as I can afford to buy makeup products over the glass counters at Macy's, this may be the product that will lure me back to do it again. I sat down for the first time at one of their complimentary makeover days with a professional makeup artist. I'm 23 with extremely fair skin which makes buying the right foundation near impossible for me, especially when looking through regular drugstore foundations. So lately I'd just gone without. But the makeup artist tried Vanilla on one side and Nude 08 on the other. Nude 08 was perfect. I looked at the mirror and marvelled "It looks like my skin!"

Usually, with foundations, I look like I'm on my death bed or like I have a mask on because so few companies get fair foundation right. This one did. In fact I was so pleased by the natural and healthy tone which definitely makes my skin look smoother as well (as I've been told) that I knew I had to buy it. And you know it has to be good if I'm willing to fork over that much for foundation.

I've only used this for a couple of days, but so far it's worked great. I'll update if anything changes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2005 2:32:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE I sooooo wanted this foundation to work for me but it's been causing some deep, painful breakouts on my cheeks and some minor bumps on the rest of my skin. I've given it three seperate test runs, just to be sure. Also, the shade went a tad orange as the day progressed. If I loved this m/u, I would surely test the Neutral range as well. I'm going back to my tried and true NARS Oil Free. I recently went back and started using LM Oil Free again. The difference was what I am wearing under it--I use to Clinique MSE but four months ago switched to their Repairwear SPF 15 Lotion. So that makes a difference on how a foundation works on the skin.

Shade: Beech (from the "warm" range)

My skin color: light skin with soft yellow undertones = an LLL. A MAC NC20, Stila B, LM Warm Ivory, NARS Deauville.

My skintype: combo-oily, acne-prone, sensitive.

Overall Opinion: I need a foundation that looks natural, covers pores, yet DOES NOT rub off too easily or get greasy/shiny looking as the day progresses. Plus, the color has to be dead-on, or forget it. Individualist is THE CLOSEST foundation I've found to Px Unmakeup! It goes on exactly the same, gives the same exact light yet covering coverage, lasts all day, etc...that I'm actually thinking this could be Unmakeup reincarnated! The only difference I’ve noticed is that it doesn’t control oil as well as Unmakeup does. Individualist, on my oily skin and on these humid days, gives me a natural matte finish. (I should mention that I *always* set my foundation with my BB Sheer Finish Loose Powder.) Its held up very well...I did get a bit bit dewy in the t-zone/cheek area, but that's normal. I felt the side of my face toward the end of the day and it felt smooth and dry, meaning not greasy/makeupy/gross...just perfect. That's the true test for me. I think this will be an option for many skintypes...except possibly very dry, very oily skins...but try it and see. This foundation does not contain any sunscreen…yeah! =) The EL MA actually told me that this was on consumer request to have a foundation w/o s/s. Finally!

Ingredients (Sorry it's in all caps...that's how they emailed it to me:) WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED [] CYCLOPENTASILOXANE [] HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER [] PHENYL TRIMETHICONE [] GLYCERIN [] BUTYLENE GLYCOL [] PEG-10 DIMETHICONE [] DIMETHICONE [] QUATERNIUM-90 BENTONITE [] SILICA [] OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE [] TOCOPHERYL ACETATE [] ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN [] PHENYL METHICONE [] PROPYLENE CARBONATE [] LECITHIN [] C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATES [] POLYSILICONE-11 [] SODIUM CHLORIDE [] TRIFLUOROMETHYL C1-4 ALKYL DIMETHICONE [] POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE [] HEXYL LAURATE [] CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE [] LAURETH-7 [] XANTHAN GUM [] MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE [] TALC [] NYLON-12 [] ALUMINA [] DISODIUM EDTA [] SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE [] SORBIC ACID [] CHLORPHENESIN [] PHENOXYETHANOL [] [+/-(MAY CONTAIN) MICA [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] ZINC OXIDE (CI 77947) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007) [] CHROMIUM
    HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289)]
    continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Sweet_and_Tarty

Been using a sample (Vanilla) and it's ok. It gives a smooth and "natural" look. Pretty pricey ($32) I can get almost the same result with Maybelline's Wonder Finish for half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 10:59:00 PM More reviews by jennaelizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just tried this product for the first time today. I like my experience with it so far! I just got MAC's Studio Tech and it broke my skin out, so I was looking for another foundation. I always thought it took a creme to get good coverage and to cover any imperfections, but with a dab on concealer this foundation worked great. It dried well, and looks super natural! We'll see how it works out. Some others commented about it looking orange..My other foundations have, but this didn't seem to do that for me but I'm not as pale as some. I love the lightweight natural feel! It looks like I have little to no makeup on yet it covers the mess that MAC's studio tech caused.

Update: I used up my samples and purchased the product today in my shade Biscuit which seems to be perfect. I also bought ED's pressed powder. It was all pretty pricey...but the most natural looking coverage I've ever seen! I'm hooked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2005 12:16:00 PM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

I gave this foundation a three because, Yes there is a good handful of colours to choose from in warm, cool and neutral. My "colour" was Fresco C2. But I find that all of these foundations unless you have a warm undertone in your skin turn orange. Because even the cool colours have a significant amount of yellow or peach undertones. My friend is very fair (porcelain) fair always the lightest colour in every foundation and she tried the #1 Linen or Nude(I can't remember) Anyway like the Fresco it went orange on her. I said to her without knowing it was the "Individualist" "Your foundation is way too dark" She said "This is the one we said would match me!" Sure enough it was the lightest colour in the cool tones. But it turned orangey dark on her. It is a very cakey foundation too. I much prefer the Ingenious (now discontinued) or Futurist to this one. Save your money girls, and get the ones I mentioned or Lancome's Teinte Idole Ultra. It has much better colours. But if you can find a colour to match you, I found Dawn matched this one lady that I put it on, perfectly and didn't turn colour! Then thats wonderful stick to it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2005 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Piaqua

I'm young, and so I usually have only been wearing/needing tinted moisturizer (I like MAC's), but decided it's always good to have a real foundation on hand. I've tried a few so far (Chanel, MAC, and some cheaper d/s brands), so I don't have much to compare to. This one is the best so far. Looks a bit makeupy (is that a word? ;) ) at first, but on me, that fades in about 15 minutes. It holds up well for 6 or so hours, and the color matches me perfectly (2 neutral). I HATE the packaging however. All EL packaging is terrible looking in my opinion, but it's what's inside that counts.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 12:19:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using some samples of this for days now and am really, really liking this foundation. I may switch to this foundation exclusively, in fact. There appear to be ample shades available of this foundation, in cool, neutral, and warm undertones. I am between nc15 and nc20 right now due to a fading summer tan, and am wearing "1w1 beech". This is nice and lightweight and evens out my skin very nicely. It is wasy to blend and looks completely natural. I wore this with some undereye concealer, and no other makeup products, and my mom commented on how natural it looked, as if my skin was perfect and had no makeup on. My skin is pretty oily right now for some reason, and this lasted without need for blotting or pressed powder. It is a very natural finish, but not a matte finish. No greasy feeling; it seems to set nicely on its own. I have dark patches on my face from sun damage and this covered great; I cannot vouch, however, for how it might cover for people who need Colorstay-level coverage. This reminds me a lot of the old Prescriptives Unmakeup; even the container is similar, if I recall Unmakeup correctly. Individualist has a flat squeeze container. For reference, I am normally NC15, normal with slightly oily t-zone, sun damage spots and slight fine lines around eyes. Retails $32.50