October 22, 2014 | 1298 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by mmxbabii01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First off, the price was $30 or so for the first purchase but the second purchase was $90 close to $100 which was a surprise and it came with a eye shadow brush and a small pallet. I didnt even want that and was so angry at how much I had to pay. It also comes every month if you dont change it. Now to the product I actually liked it but after continuing to use sheer cover last summer I started to HATE it. I have oily skin and throughout the day I got really oily and looked like a glazed donut. well maybe not that bad but close enough to it. It was really cakey and I have oily skin so i thought it wouldnt be cakey. The concealer is creamy but I dont know if its the concealer that made my face look cakey. The coverage is okay if you're looking for a light coverage and the good thing about it is that you can mix the two foundation to get your shade. I WILL NEVER ORDER THIS PRODUCT EVER AGAIN!!! save your money and buy something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 2:43:00 PM More reviews by tonyawyatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried several mineral makeups and this so far has been the best. It's not perfect but it's best for my skin. What makes this different than the other mineral foundations I've tried is this....I don't "feel" it on my face (this is huge for me), it doesn't turn colors, it doesn't make my face look oily (and my skin is typically dry), it doesn't dry my face, it doesn't have particles that are sparkly. I feel like this product evens out my skin tone nicely. The only two things I would change about it is that I wish it would stay put a little longer, it doesn't seem to last all through the workday. And I wish it blended just a little better. It's good, but I can still see a touch of powder when I look up close.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Dolcemente

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

TOTALLY RUINED MY SKIN... (please read)

My mom had some new ones she hadn't opened and I had just run out of Bare Escentuals so she asked if I wanted to try it. So I said sure, why not.. really not expecting it to be much different from Bare Escentuals as they seem to be competing in the market and both have their fair share of loyal customers. I took home three new containers - 1 Nude, which i used for allover, 1 Bisque, for spot coverage, and the Light finishing powder.

It does cover pretty well, but only after using a great deal more of it than I had to do with BE. Even when not using much, it is visibly *noticable* to me when looking in the mirror that I'm wearing makeup (an issue I *never* experienced with BE). The color matches fine, I use a great brush, and am not a novice. But I can actually see the makeup on my skin - it doesn't blend well or it's just way too dry.
I was (still am) hooked on the BE bisque for under-eye circles or redness around the edges of my nose or elsewhere. Not knowing if the Bisque color of Sheer Cover was intended for concealer usage, I figured I would give it a try with a small brush just like I do with the BE. What could it hurt, right? The Bisque color does cover well when used this way, I will give it that much. But after about a week of use I began to notice something.. and was devastated. For the first time, I noticed an obvious crepe-like texture under my eyes which was *never* there before. I had heard women talk about this before over the years but never gave it much attention because I didn't know what it was. And I had been using a great moisturizer underneath, just like with the BE. I gave my under-eyes a few days rest from it, thinking maybe my skin was going through a dry phase, or I wasn't getting enough restful sleep - and it did appear to get a little bit better, so I tried the SC again with the usual thin dusting. Sure enough.. it got *worse*, and quickly. Dry, thin, crinkly looking skin by days end. I stopped using it, but the skin still hasn't fully recovered. (Does it ever? I don't know, maybe I'm stuck with this now?)

I am (and always have been) *very* gentle with the skin around my eyes - and make it a practice not to tug at the skin or rub them in any way, either with my hands, fingers, or implement. I have laugh lines in the corner which only show when I smile, but other than that I was pretty happy that the skin under my eyes was pretty smooth & firm and hadn't begun to show signs of age at all - prior to this.

Ok sure, it's entirely *possible* that mother nature's timetable for this disgusting phenomena just *happened* to coincide with my using this makeup for the first time by sheer & utter coincidence. But I'm sorry.. I'm not buying it. Not the possibility, (not that quickly).. *or* the makeup. And I'm sooo so mad at myself for having ever tried it.

I'm on here today looking at reviews for eye creams now. So if anyone has any experience in these and can send some hints my way... please, I would love to hear from you.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Tinzeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Borrowed this from my sister, i used it twice and from what i used it make my skin look nice and has good coverage. It didnnt break me out at all. I may one day buy my own kit

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

This review is from my good friend. She has very very sensitive skin. Her face can get very red and peel if she used certain products that not right for her skin. She is not one of the lukcy people that can used everything. She order these product on line and so far it working well with her, but their cleanser and moisturizer doesn't work on her skin only the foundation,eyeshadows, concealer, and lipgloss. She called sheer cover and from now on they will not send cleanser and moisturizer in her cases anymore. These foundation give full coverage on my friend face. It give better coverage than Everyday Minerals that I had used myself. The bad thing is that sheer cover could get very expensive because after the intro kit for $29.99 if you don't cancel on time it will keep shipping to you. I believe they will send the case to you every 90 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MrsFoxyLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the worst mineral powders I have purchased, and it's quite expensive.
CONS:

1. For starters the colors for African-American complexions are limited. When I first ordered this kit, I was sent the Almond/Tan kit and that was way to light for me, as I have red undertones. However, I called the company and they informed me of a new color they had chocolate which they sent to me at no charge. That was nice!

Unfortunately, that color was too dark. I was told by a rep that I should mix and match the colors until it matched my complexion. Are you kidding me? I barely have enough time to get my self ready in the morning, and now I have to try to match this each day. No thank you!
Needless to say, I never found the right match. What I came close to made me look extremely ashy, so much that my husband and our three boys wanted to know why I looked so pale.

2. This product is way overpriced. You must also be aware that once you join, or place your first order a 90 day supply will automatically be sent to you and your credit card charged, until you cancel. I think my charge was about $130.00 each month.

I have since canceled my membership and gone on my way.

PROS:
1. Packaging is nice.
2. With each order you receive they will send you free items, like brushes, samples lipstick/lipgloss kits. Unfortunately, since I did like the main product, I never opened or tried these samples.
3. If this product DID work, you were/are able to purchase other items (brushes and /or makeup) at your leisure, but you must be a member to get the lowest price.

So now I have three boxes of 3 different shades, that I can't even use, and I'm out of at least $250. SMH - I could have brought some shoes!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by nikiclaypool84

This is the best foundation I have ever used. The instructional video and packaging are a nice addition to the product. When you brush this product on it hides all flaws and looks natural. It even feels great on your face! The price is good too for what you get. They send you a lot of product the first time you order in the intro pack. Once you decide you like the product you can change your ordering frequency to lessen the cost. I get mine every six weeks or so for 42$ including shipping and handeling. The intro pack includes: brushes, make-up bag, concelor/storage/duo and numerous other things. They always send a free gift with each shipment as well. I dropped my compact and broke it when I recieved my package. I called customer service and they replaced the product no questions with expidited shipping. I got to keep my old compact too. No sending items back! This foundation sits beautfiully on my skin and doesn't affect my acne-prone sensitive skin. I will use this product for life if they make it. Their accompanying eye shadows and mascara in the intro kit work well too. It is all I use now.It even covers a broken blood vessel left on my face from pregnancy. Awesome product.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by pajntaubyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is sensitive and break out easily, so to find something that works consistently has always been a big challenge.

Compared to BE & MAC Mineralized Loose Powder, Sheer Cover provided me with more coverage and it doesn't make me break out. Unlike Clinique Superfit --which felt clean at first, then started to feel gunky and oily (even right after application), Sheer Cover has consistently felt clean, light, and natural right after application up to ~4 hrs.

CONS:
1. It's expensive ($30 something dollars per month & supply shipment every 3 months).
2. The facewash/face moisturizer sucks---made me breakout.
3.The brushes are rough on the skin -- the worst
4. Like many MMU, it just does not last all day. With no reapplication mid day, my face is oily and the product tends to slip off after ~4-6 hrs-- which is gross.

Overall, Sheer Cover Minerals does an ok job for my sensitive, oily, acne prone skin --no break outs. It's gentle and there's SPF.
...BUT I'm looking for
1. something that will last all day
2. be gentle --no irritants, no clogged pores, no break outs
3. with SPF
4. relatively affordable
5.Moderate to full coverage & oil control
The full package!! Am I asking for too much?

Update: Currently using Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation. Buildable coverage is better than Sheer Covers but not HG. LM MMUF tends to make my face oily < 4hrs.

UPDATE #2: I haven't used Sheer Covers in a long time but I would still consider it a reliable product to use.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Paleskinblueeyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has really nice coverage but it makes my face greasy. Also, it made my face develop these little white bumps underneath my skin and I hate it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by jacwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for years and still haven't found ANYTHING that beats the coverage! I've tried scores of other foundations and always come running back to sheer cover. I have acne prone/oily skin and this product never irritates me. I get the best of both worlds, full coverage without the clogged pore issues. I pray its never discontinued.