April 16, 2014 | 1044 users online

Lash Treatments - Ardell - Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by lolomakeup84

This works! As least for me it does. My short asian eyelashes have finally grown! YAY!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 9:21:00 PM More reviews by christinex392

I've been using this for a couple months and I like it quite a bit. I have short lashes that had been broken off from the mascara and lash curler combo so I had been miserable. I watched a couple videos on youtube about eyelash accelerators, but everything mentioned was hundreds of dollars. But then I found this at riteaid (the only store I seem to be able to find this) for about $4 so I figured why not. Now I have lashes even longer then my normal ones and when I put mascara on, I can see the difference it has made. Considering I had broken lashes when I started, I think it made quite a dramatic difference, especially for only $4. But if you just want to make youre normal to long lashes longer, I don't think there will be as dramatic of a result, but definitely some results. This is one of those products you have to apply every night though, or else it won't work. So for those who didn't apply every night and didn't see any results, I'd think this is the reason why.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After reading all of the reviews here on MUA, I decided to give this product a try. I had a REALLY hard time finding it and when I finally did, I was so excited that I bought the last two tubes the store had (for about $8.50 CDN each). I am naturally a brunette but dye my hair black. However my eyelashes are super light. My top eyelashes are very long, but thin and a light brown colour. At the tips they are blonde which makes them look shorter than they are. However my bottom lashes are horrible. They are really thin, short and super blonde. I hate them! I applied this product everyday and noticed results in about a week and a half. My bottom eyelashes became A LOT longer, but unfortunately not any thicker. This product didn't darken them at all either. I think it made my top eyelashes a tiny bit thicker because I noticed some eyelashes growing above and below where my old ones are, creating a fuller appearance. I also did not have any problems with irritation if the product went into my eye. After using this for about 2.5 weeks, I think it has stopped working since I don't see anymore changes. It might be because of the tube, so when I open the second one I'll edit this post if there are any differences. My eyelashes still look the same as before when I am not wearing any makeup. But once I put my mascara on, you can really see a difference with my bottom lashes! Once they looked SO long that my sister asked me why my makeup looked like the band members from Good Charlotte (and I was only wearing mascara)! Hopefully the new tube will make a difference since I really want them to get longer. It is hard to tell if it changed the length of my upper lashes as they were really long to begin with. Too bad it didn't darken or thicken my lashes as well, but adding length alone is great anyways!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have been using this on my eyebrows as well. I used to have thin eyebrows and wanted a change so I applied this product to my brows just to see if it would work. Usually it takes me really long to grow my eyebrows out so that they're medium sized but with this product it made them grow into a nice medium-full shape in about 3 weeks. This is a lot faster than it would have been if I had waited for them to grow on their own. So when it comes to enhancing eyebrow growth, I would give this a 5/5. It also does not irritate the skin around my eyebrows or cause any pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by katy24

I have been using this for about 6 months nearly every night and I must say that it works great!I could not see my lashes because they were so short-they never grew back after I ripped-them out with a Revlon e/l curler years before.I had no confidence in this product but I was in Rite-Aid and just happened to see it and remembered reading reviews on MUA so I bought it for around $5.It turned out to be the best $5 I have ever spent.Period.After a few weeks of use I noticed that my lashes were actually visible-they were getting longer and thicker!I stopped using primer with my mascara because I don't need it anymore.I never thought I would have my lashes back.I am so happy to have found this stuff,I can't believe it!MUA is the reason I got it-if it were not for all the great reviews here I never would have tried it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by Crystalpunk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I've probably been using this product for about 4 months and I have to say I am in love with this! I probably saw visible results in two months which was pretty long but it was well worth the wait. I use this every night on my brows aswell as my lashes and I have seen an incredible difference especially with my eyelashes. They are definitely more longer and even more longer when I wear mascara! I haven't really seen a great difference in my brows but they do increase the regular growth of them. I guess this product is a hit or miss for some people but I will most likely repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elleokay

Wow! I just opened a new tube a few days ago to help along my overplucked brows... and freshness really does make a difference! The old tube is in the trash and I'm holding back my urge to pluck as my brows are growing back nice and fast!

I have used this product on my lashes as well and they've grown out long enough to where I can actually curl them (I've got deep set eyes and very high cheekbones that make it an issue).

I will be buying this again, since I know now that freshness is key!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 3:12:00 AM More reviews by charms09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't give this product any higher lippies because, as a growth "accelerator" it didn't do much to lengthen or grow my lashes. As a lash conditioner, though, this product is very good. I used it religiously for weeks and noticed an improvement in the quality of my lashes. They seemed stronger, thicker, and well conditioned. It's cheap- I found my at Rite Aide for 3.99- and I now use it the morning after I have a heavy eye make-up night to give my eyelashes a little TLC. An alternative to this is a little Vitamin e oil or EVOO applied to the tips of the lashes with a q-tip. Both work wonders as lash conditioners. I don't regret buying this, however, and would purchase again if I ran across it at the d/s but I wouldn't go out of my way to re-stock if I ever run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Jay98

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using Revitalash in late February this year, and also ordered Ardell Brow & Lash Accelerator in early March.

I don't know for sure which one (probably both) is the reason for my very short & thin lashes getting thicker & longer - top & bottom, but am graterful to both of them.

Am still working on the eyebrows, which are the toughest in hair growth for me.

Only wish i had read about this two gems a couple of years ago...lol

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by shanellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for almost a week now and i have seen some improvements. For example, i can see new lashes sprouting out, especially near the corners of my eyes. I'm extremely pleased with that. However, length-wise, i have not seen any growth at all. Then again, i've only been using it for such a short period of time so i'll keep on using it and see how it goes. Just a tip, use a q-tip to smear on some of the gel onto the skin closest to the eyelashes cause i think it helps to generate growth of new eyelashes. I don't use this product on my eyebrows because my eyebrows are thick enough, especially since i threaded it 3 months ago. Just a question though, if i stop using the product, would my eyelashes start to weaken and fall out? Anyone who knows, please tell me. Thanks very much!
*UPDATE*
I'm not very happy with this product now because today i realised that a few hours after i had washed of the gel, my eyelashes were clumpy. So i started to tug gently at them and a total of 6 came out! That is extremely shocking since before i used this gel i had never had problems with weak eyelashes. I'm not sure if i should dis-continue the use of the product. Any suggestions?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 11:03:00 PM More reviews by xmandaxbearx

I love this stuff! I constantly need a lash growth product of some sort. I first started out with Talika and it worked but it was so expensive and I was kind of dumb at the time and didn't research cheaper options. After i was done with Talika, I went a little while without using a lash growth product and my lashes went limp and thin and back to how they were before talika. Then I got this stuff and it works just the same for me. This won't make your lashes look false or anything like that. I wear mascara and curl my lashes everyday and this helps keep them strong.