October 25, 2014 | 1694 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Smont

This product does the job. It smells good, but not amazing. It hasn't really made any noticeable difference in my hair but it doesn't weigh my hair down like other heat sprays do. I bought the spray because it is convenient but I think I may have had better luck luck with the serum. However, all in all not a bad product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by kamiegirlie98

I really do love this spray. I use it with a curling iron on a regular basis and I was worried about damage at first but after a few months I haven't seen any damage at all. It also helps to hold the curl, smells great, and Tresemme is cruelty-free. The packaging travels well. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by caileydawn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My HG heat protector. The mist is very fine (which is more than I can say for other heat protectors that I've used) and it smells really good! I use this even when I'm not using any heated tools against my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't see how this has bad reviews I love it. I have straight-wavy hair that's a little on the fine side. This doesn't weigh me down and adds great shine. I love the smell too. My hair dresser always compliments me about how I have great ends. I barely have any split ends. I have to think that this is the helper. Ill continue to re purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- adds shine
- rid of frizz
- not sticky (if applied to wet hair)

Cons

- bottle can leak

Comments: Applied to dry hair and it will leave your hair feeling sticky and dry. I don't even know why it's recommended due to this containing so much water. Apply it to towel dried hair and it works perfectly fine. You can blow dry after or air dry, but the results are significantly better this way. I still like my serums because I love the glossy effect they give, but this is a great heat protectant especially for fine hair.

Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kcarideo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I'm not amazed by this product. I don't notice a huge difference in the health of my hair from using this over an extended period of time. I mainly use this for some reassurance that maybe I'm not TOTALLY destroying my hair, and the extra shine it gives me. Not great, but not horrible either.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wavy thick hair so it its a process to straighten it and it takes quite some heat unless I want to be doing it all day. I have already put my hair through a couple of bleachings and Colored the tips fire engine red do it has been through a lot and needed alot of protection. So while at Walmart I was about to pick up my regular got 2 b hair protectant then stumbled upon this and it was a couple of cents less then the got2b(can you tell i'm cheap) so I went with this instead. This stuff worked amazing when I sprayed it on my damp hair along with a serum to Blow out my hair then after I blew it out I, put more of this on but not to much since it is water based and I don't want to undo what I have already done. Then I just flat iron my hairand I know it works at protecting because my hair doesn't smell burnt. The only down side is that the smell can be annoying after a while and the nozzle trends to leak

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by legitlashes

i was in desperate need of a heat protecter because i have long and thick wavy hair that i frequently style. i had read/heard amazing things about this product , so i decided to buy it...
BIG MISTAKE !!
i washed and conditioned my hair as usual , towel dried my it and sprayed about 4-5 pumps into my hair.
the smell was alright, but as soon as it hit my hair it made my hair hard. i tried to comb through it but it wouldnt untangle. after finally getting a comb through it i dried it completly and my hair felt like HAY .
do not buy , invest in a better product . STAY AWAYYYY

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've gone through 2 bottles of this, thinking that if all the Youtube gurus love it, it must work right? Then I ran out of my second bottle, and I decided to forego repurchasing and stuck to my Biosilk silk therapy as my heat protectant. This is when I realized, Tresemme heat tamer doesn't do jack for my hair. My hair turned out exactly the same, if not better, when heat styling without it. My hair is thick and coarse, and Biosilk on its own took care of the heat protecting factor.

So honestly, I think it's better to invest in a good heat protectant serum that also smooths, like Biosilk - you get more bang from you buck that way. I went through this spray very quickly (a month at most) and I feel like a lot of the product got lost in the spray. I prefer a serum or cream that I can control better. For the price, it's ok, but didn't make a world of a difference for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Honestly, this product saved my hair. Every time I would blow dry and straighten, my hair had the most annoying, dried out, unruly texture. Before blow drying and styling, I spray this on my damp hair, distribute it, and my hair now looks smooth and shiny and bouncy! I feel like this is my new miracle product that helps my hair to behave! Even after straightening which is a challenge. Thank God for this stuff!