December 21, 2014 | 1410 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2005 2:43:00 PM More reviews by circe2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This looked terrible on my skin. It did not set evenly, and looked streaky. Also, it made my combinatiuon skin break out terribly!! yuck.. back to bobbi brown for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by katrink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this the other day at Albertsons for free because it rang up at the wrong price and I can honestly say I would spend the money for it. I got soft honey and it is a perfect match for my skin. It does not get dry or cakey looking at all, and for this old, wrinkly and blotchy skin that is a big plus. I don't have a problem with breakouts so that will probably not be an issue for me at all. It stayed on all day and came off easily with a baby wipe. I would recommend this product for anyone with normal skin, I don't think it would be too good for extremely dry or oily skin. The coverage is great not to heavy and not too light.
I guess I can say its almost perfect.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 1:37:00 PM More reviews by shaiutto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this! I was using AquaSmooth and liking it, but I have very dry skin and this is working better for me. It also gives you a little more time to move it around before it sets. I use it with the MAC foundation brush, and it can be applied very quickly that way. The color I'm using is Creamy Natural and I'm happy with it. Before you go buy this, I would recommend going to Cover Girl's website and looking at the available colors. Then pick one they have marked "neutral". Then it won't end up being too pink or orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 2:34:00 PM More reviews by ut88keys

Ok well first of all I have dry mddle-aged skin and need a water-based product...I have tried alot of expensive products and the girl at the Walgreens said this one was new and good..I never have used covergirl products but use L'Oreal if im going cheap. I got the classic ivory as Im a 200 series color..Up front this product has SLIP- major slip!! and I was concerned at first ..but wow does it go on fast!! And I can use a little for a sheer look and apply more for a full coverage.Then I pat it down in the t-zone with a light coat of powder.I use it for everyday and it keeps your skin from dryout (age-defying if you will )It's as good as some more expensive brands IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using the Aquasmooth which I liked but wasnt 100percent happy with the color match..I had to tone down the pink with a green powder..
I tried this in the same Ivory shade and I think I found my HG..
NO pink in this at all and the texture is lighter,sheerer..
My complaint is the packaging is too bulky and the sponge is useless..I use a wedge sponge.. but I can live with that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

After reading the reviews on MUA, I decided to give this a shot because I am a fan of the Aquasmooth foundations. The color I got was Classic Ivory, and it was on sale at Target for 50% off, so I got it at $4.94, which I thought was worth it. The application, I found, was a bit difficult. I used my MAC foundation brush #190, and this foundation was kind of hard to blend in because it was so slippery. I kind of felt like I was just wiping stuff onto my face, rather than having it melt into my face. I didn't use that much product, either. When it finally did set, it was quite matte, similar to the Aquasmooth. I was expecting it to have a creamier/dewier finish, but it didn't. I wouldn't buy this product again... I think if I were to try and achieve the same effect, I would get the Aquasmooth, which at least has SPF 15.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2005 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ruthieb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like it...so easy to apply & Classic Ivory does look good on my skin without turning colors. Great "slip" & light-to-medium coverage, but I do feel I'm breaking out. Problem is that it may be the makeup (only new thing I'm trying on my skin) but then with my tempermental skin, who knows?! So, I'd say proceed w/caution. If you do not have blemish-prone skin, this is a lovely foundation & so easy to use!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Shortcake1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hey, Hepgal, glad to see that I wasn't the only one who was having breakout problems with this product. My skin never broke out when I was wearing the BE mineral foundation in fair, so I am back to that, with the Senna mineral bronzer as my "blush". If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Had the CG not caused the breakouts, I would have been very satisfied with the look of the product, but I'd rather have clear skin. Sorry for those to whom I recommended this product if you had the same results as I.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2005 12:48:00 PM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combination leaning towards oily acne/clogged pore/blackhead prone skin. I bought this makeup after hearing a few good reviews. I was also happy to see it has the Olay niacin which was in the moisturizer I have been using and loving. When picking out a color they were all EXTREMELY PINK looking. More so than their liquid and powders. I chose classic ivory because I had been using the classic ivory powder and the ivory powder made me look ghostly white. I was satisfied with my choice until I got home in natural sunlight and saw it was a little too pink/orange tan for me. I have nw15/20 skin. Im still glad I did not get the ivory because the ivory was pinker then this... Going on it was veryyy smooth, and easy to dip with the sponge except when I applied it I needed to do a lot of blending because I could see lines & streaks on the areas I applied it and I had to really blend with my fingers as well as the sponge to get an even look. The coverage was pretty much see through. I was able to add and layer this foundation after my first coating dried to a powdery finish except I have a lot of redness that this did not cover that well. The next few days after using I did get some cystic acne but Im not sure what ingredient caused this. I also developed really small pimples. The same thing happend after using aqua smooth and this is very similar. In some drier areas of my face this did leave a patchy look but the foundation did feel very wet and nice. Would not re purchase and will be returning. I will no longer go out and buy impulse items just because of the raves on the board lol- to each his own and everyone skin will react differently

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by sasseecindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This creme to powder make up goes on very streaky and takes a lot of effort to smooth. It's also difficult to find the correct color. And the coverage, in my opinion, is too light. This product is being marketed to the 40+ group and this group has lots of age spots to cover.