Clinique Cream Shaper for Eyes - Chocolate Lustre

4.6

This product is a real find for me. Yes, it is one of those rare pencils with incredible staying/no-smudging power - and from someone with oily lids, that's saying something. But what I like best is the shimmery brown shade. I have green eyes and have been looking everywhere for a shimmery dark brown liner that was a true brown, NOT a coppery or russet-based one, as so many seem to be. This is the best I've found.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I absolutely adore this and wear it almost every day. It's a shimmery chocolate brown, only a bit darker than Laura Mercier's Brown Copper kohl pencil and lasts even longer than that, i.e. all day even in heat. It's very creamy and a good price (10). Will always repurchase, it's perfect. The only ones that will last better are the gel or cake eyeliners, but you can't beat it when you want something quick and easy.

Goes on smooth and even, stays all day. A slight hint of sparkle brightens the eye. The perfect pencil liner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I like this product but its not a HG eyeliner for me. Clinique's cream eye shapers are pencil liners that are super creamy and glide on smoothly with no tugging and come in some beautiful shimmery shades. Brown Sugar is the lighter brown. Chocolate Lustre is the dark chocolate brown with shimmer while Brown Sugar is a medium brown infused with gold and shimmer. I think for a pencil liner, this has the best staying power. It definately smudged after 4 hours and did slightly fade as well after 7 hours and a workout. it just smudged slightly though which is really good IMO for a pencil liner. The BB gel liners and Mac fluidlines are still my HG liners but these pencils are a good option when you are in a hurry. I noticed the less eye cream I wear, the better this lasts as well as the better the shadow base, the less the color will fade. I do tend to have really oily eye area so that affects my review. i probably wouldnt repurchase but i do like the softness of this liner. I think they are better than the MAC powerpoints too! Retails for $13.
Nearly identical to MAC teddy eye kohl.