Annick Goutal Petite Cherie

3.4

on 1/8/2007 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tested this at Nordstrom's and found it lovely, but very singular. The pear really came out on me with a little hint of grass, vanilla and musk. The pear is really what shines. it is a very soft, yet true pear, nothing synthetic or alcoholic about it. The sales person explained that Annick Goutal uses only natural ingedients. The problem is that no matter how wonderful the pear scent is I cannot justify spending $90+ dollars for such a singular scent. If the vanilla had come out more or perhaps the grass then I would reconsider. I plan on trying Suds and Light's version as well as their French Vanilla Pear to see how they compare. Due to the outstanding quality of the ingredients and the fact that I can get it for less online I am saying I would buy this again.
UPDATE: I tried the Suds & Light version and it is not nearly as good.
2nd UPDATE: I received another sample of this from a generous swapper and everyone loved it so much on me that I have decided to purchase the EDP.
3rd update: After a while the pear seems to disapate and the grass note comes out, which seems to balance it and create a soft, enduring scent. it is light enough not to offend others, yet people up close can smell it. New HG!

on 12/13/2006 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a unique scent and I have yet to find anything like it. I get compliments from both men and women.

on 12/5/2006 3:28:00 PM

My HG everyday fragrance. My boyfriend is very scent-adverse, and this is the only fragrance that he "allows" me to wear. Totally non-offensive, sweet and pretty but still elegant. I'm taking off one lippie because it does not last and you have to spray A LOT on, even in the EDP.

on 11/22/2006 2:36:00 AM

i adore this fragrance. after sorely disappointed in another, i thankfully discovered this. in th wonderful world of neimans. it goes on as a light floral & dries down to the most adorable scent. feminine w/o being overpowering. an definite everyday staple.

on 11/18/2006 4:36:00 PM

"A sexy floral melange of peach, vanilla, fresh grass and musky rose." For my nose this is a strange and unpleasant concoction! Ladies, I love peach, but Annick Goutal's peach-note in Petite Chérie isn't DELICIOUS at all. Sour and sharp. - After reading "Annick Goutal fragrances make a dream come true..." I have to say: No sorry, my dreams are better than this fragrance, I swear ;-)).

on 10/29/2006 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If this woman didn't make so much money from her fragrances, I'd suggest she find another career lol. Seriously, I hate her fragrances, I've tried eau de Charlotte (which is supposed to be a chocolate/berry jam scent, nothing but lily of the valley *argh*) and now this scent which I've wanted to try for years (based on tons of positive reviews), and was recently given the opportunity by a lovely MUAer, when she included this as a extra in our swap. The scent is fruit and grass, the fruit nor the grass smell great, and together are just awful. I admire Goutal's imagination, but she needs a new developer for her scents, and she might want to try being down-to-earth with her notes, I never hear anyone saying "I'd love to find the perfect grass scent!" lol.

on 10/28/2006 8:55:00 AM

As much as I love this scent, I can't justify spending so much on a perfume that just doesn't last. So, this is my ultimate "present-to-myself" because I can't afford to wear it regularly. The scent is absolutely heavenly with pears and roses though!

on 8/25/2006 2:03:00 PM

LOVE this scent! It's my all time favorite fragrance ie: HG-the pear smell is subtle, and fresh. I just wish it had better staying power-even the eau de parfum does not last that long.

on 8/2/2006 12:54:00 PM

This is my favourite perfume. It's lightly sweet and makes me think of child-like innocence. It lasts for half-a-day on me, which is as long as, if not longer, than any other perfume I've tried. Petite Cherie is expensive, but a bottle lasts me ever so long. I save a bit by buying it in a bigger size. It's really funny how I discovered this perfume. I had tried it on earlier one day and thought that it smelt perfectly nasty. I took a bus home that day and a really really really stinky person came and sat by me; I think that he must not have showered for the past month. So I discretely rested my head on my arm and placed my nose in the crook of my arm, where I had tried on Petite Cherie previously. And then I smelt this wonderful, wonderful fragrance and I couldn't have stopped sniffing at my arm if my life depended on it. It took a little while for the perfume to work with my body chemistry but now, I wouldn't have any other perfume.

I really adore this very feminine fragrance. I don't really smell pears when I wear it, though...it seems I'm getting more peachy and floral notes right off the bat. It seems to last at least half the day on me, if not the full day--although sometimes I don't have to re-spritz at all.

EDIT: Gave this to someone who can wear it without sinus problems. I would not repurchase for myself, but its a lovely fragrance, and I would wear it if I didn't have sinusitis.