September 2, 2014 | 1927 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Microdermabrasion Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2005 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lovesmakeup29

Ok...only downfall to this product is the price, IMO. $55 is a bit much for 2 products, especially when they aren't large amounts. Save yourself a bit of $$ and purchase it on ebay. Average savings there is about $20 per kit. Anyway, the microdermabrasion is fantastic..it really made my skin more even and smooth, just with one use. I now use it every 3rd day and find that works the best. I have more radiant skin due to this product. The lotion that comes in the duo is super nice also..it's very light weight, absorbs quickly & really helps replenish the moisture in your skin. If nothing else, try a sample..I have a feeling you will be hooked right then. :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2005 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beachfan

great product after only 2 weeks i've noticed a huge change in my menopausal skin, thanks

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2005 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mcreechkelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for 2 weeks and I love it. I use it every third day in the shower on my really wet face. I massage gently for about 2-3 minutes on my face and neck. I follow with the replenish solution. I have normal to dry skin, and this works great for me! My skin is smoother with a more even complexion, so I am also wearing less makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2005 11:34:00 AM More reviews by greenjf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent!!!!!!!!. Much cheaper than having it done by a salon and just if not more effective. My skin felt sooo soft and glowing after I used it. You do have to remember that this IS abrasive and if you don't follow the instructions, you may have adverse effects. I can't imagine anyone crying after using this, you only GENTLY massage it for 1-2 minutes. If you feel tears coming on, then something else is wrong and I certainly would suggest you not use it. Other than that, if you're looking for unbelievable results, try this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by MissAnthropy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree that step 1 is quite abrasive on the skin, but it's supposed to be. I've had professional micro-derm abrasion that was much more abrasive and less effective than this. (I looked like I had a sunburn) So in general it is gentle considering what it is. I have really dry sentitive skin that gets flaky, this removed all of the flakiness and made my pores noticiably smaller. Not to mention how soft and radiant my skin was after. Step 2 is very calming and softening. I use this twice a week and will definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2005 9:01:00 PM More reviews by alluremom

Had to comment here, though I feel bad giving this any rating. I'm a big fan of MK. I use the Timewise cleanser and moisturizer all of the time. When this came out, I was anxious to try it, and opened the sample in the catalogue. But I had heard somewhere if you have rosacea (like I do) you shouldn't use it. I asked my MK rep about it. She checked with their medical person and said I was right. This is too abrasive for anyone with rosacea. Others I know are raving about it. But if you're like me, be careful and check with your rep!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2005 8:01:00 PM More reviews by cieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AMAZING!! The least expensive MicroD set out there and it worked miracles!! I love it. I have huge pores and they are shrinking by the second. I use this religiously twice a week and I am GLOWING! Even my hubby noticed and he never notices anything. HINT- use in the shower, the crystals feel like grains of sand as long as the face is good and wet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Meaninc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had originally placed a negative review for this product. After reading all of the rave reviews of other members I decided to try it again and give MK another chance, since I love almost everything they make. I purchased a few sample sets on Ebay and tried it out using the instructions my MK Rep gave to me. It turns out that I was applying too much pressure the first time I used this product, which caused me major pain. This time I applied less pressure and after using it one time I did see a huge difference in my skin. This stuff made my skin so soft and the Step 2: Replenish left my skin with a beautiful glow. I just can't wait to see the results with continued use. I will repurchase this again, but not from a MK rep because it is too expensive. I will definately try to get it off of Ebay. ***1/5/06 update. I won't be purchasing this sgsin. I tried the Olay MD and peel set and I am in VERY impressed. it is less painful, makes my skin even softer, and even removes acne scars and dark spots, and it retails for only $25.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No