April 18, 2014 | 1523 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 10:40:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love love love this perfume it absolutely oozes sex appeal and femminity!!! It has extremely classy sophisticated scent and its extremely alluring it comes in a beautiful bottel with a silver bow on the lid the only disadvantage of this fragrance is the price its very expensive it would make any girls day as a gift or if you feel like adding a top fragrance to your collection this is a must!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 9:38:00 PM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for the older version, now the new one. I'm pretty disappointed by the fact that they reformulated it. What was Dior trying to achieve by doing that? They could've just a released a new perfume. They're going to be experience a decline of sales because of this. However, I will say that I haven't smelled the new version of the perfume. But based on everyones review of it, it doesn't smell that great. I already have too many mandarin/orange based, I don't need anymore.

Now, the perfume itself is absolutely heavenly. Its a very unique scent thats hard to pin point. The fact that it had carmelized popcorn in it made it completely different from any other perfumes. I always wore this and was complimented on how yummy I smelled. I got this in particular because many reviewers said that Soap and Glory products smelled like MDC. I will say that there is a similarity, but not obviously dead on to it. They do layer quite nicely though.

I WOULD repurchase this if the formula remained the same. However, I won't because of that. It really is a spectacular perfume though (the older version that is)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by iioii

I don't get it. I read reviews which made it sound awesome (i searched 'perfume which smells like soap and glory'), including reviews about how it had changed in 2011, and I got the impression it had already changed. So I tested it on myself on three occasions and thought it smelled amazing and that I would buy it, I didn't care that it was apparantly a new version... Next minute I go to try it one last time before I want to get it and it smells totally different, and this is all in the space of three weeks since the end of April. So I tryed it again and same thing, it now smells sharp, sour, bitter orange and a bit woody and it is not half as nice, before it was fresh and sweet. I'm guessing the changeover has only just happened on the testers in store? Because i'm certain its not my nose because I have been trying it on myself each time, I have been searching for a new perfume for a month now and thought I had found it but I haven't :(............... I'm gonna try it one last time before I give up.........

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 9:22:00 AM More reviews by eam123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this, very pretty. Pretty mild, I'm so confused by all the 'repulsed' reviews, because it's barely noticeable w/ a couple of sprays. I wear this, actually, when I want to wear a 'low-key' fragrance. My teenager can also wear this with no problem, but not often b/c I payed so much for it! Very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by watercolormermaid1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I sprayed it on a tester strip, took a gentle whiff, and instant REPULSION---as I backed away I almost fainted, then I had to get quickly far away. Strawberry, Caramel Popcorn, and Patchouli???? For real? Like the other reviewer said," could kill small children, and animals." I apologize to fans of this, but I just couldn't stand it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ummmm....yum.

My dog bought this for my for Mother's Day. My husband loved it at first sniff. The sugar/caramelized popcorn note is surely what he responded to. I love the fruit and floral combo, sweet but not cloying. Nice lasting power and sillage. I feel absolutely edible. Ultimately, I wear fragrance for myself but it certainly doesn't hurt a bottle's chances of being sprayed that my husband finds the scent irresistible.

Love the packaging. Sweetly feminine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by LaGardenia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is such a beautiful fragrance! Normally I'm not one to praise mainstream scents marketed to the under-30 set but this is definitely worth purchasing. I just wish it didn't seem so blatantly marketed toward teenage girls and felt a little more sophisticated and mature.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by cheburashka21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum 2005 (the version I own and love)

Christine Nagel

Top: Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry, Mandarin
Heart: Popcorn (!), Caramel, Jasmine, Rose, Violet
Base: Patchouli, Musk, Amber

Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum 2011 (boo!)

Francois Demachy

Top: Sparkling Citruses (Mandarin Orange);
Heart: Rose Damascena, Intense Jasmine;
Base: Patchouli, Vetyver, Sandalwood, Moss, Amber

It’s probably not a very good perfume. But it’s tied to a very specific, very happy time for me - early adultolescence in Moscow, visiting Karen in Paris. Liquid consequence-free bad decisions. A Kylie Minogue song in a bottle. Now they’ve taken out everything that made it trashy and fun and there’s a tasteful new ad starring Natalie Portman. I smelled the new version at Bloomingdale’s and there’s not even a hint of unicorn or teenager. :(

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

I am reviewing the former version of this perfume, as there is a new reformulated version that I do not own. First, let me explain the bottle. Depending on when you got the perfume, the bottle may have the “Miss Dior Cherie” writing etched in silver on the bottle or the more modern version has the sticker label that says Miss Dior Cherie in smaller print. Either one has the silver plastic bow around the bottom of the cap, which is near the neck of the bottle. The color of the perfume is a slightly darkened peachy color. The bottom of the bottle has a textured houndstooth design. The cap has CD engraved on it. The shape of the bottle is basically a small rectangle. The bottle is pretty simple but elegant. As for the actual smell, I love it more than anything else in the perfume world! On Fragrantica.com, they described this scent to have strawberry leaves and tangerine as top notes, caramelized popcorn, violet, strawberry, and jasmine as middle notes, and patchouli and crystalline musk as bottom notes. Like any perfume, it smells of very strong alcohol at the first spray. Then after a couple minutes, it starts to smell like fresh strawberries mix with pretty florals. I forgot how actual strawberries smelled like because I seldom eat fruits, but when I finally smelled the real thing, I was like “how come it smells exactly like my perfume” (except without the flowers of course) haha. I am not familiar with how the other flower notes are supposed to smell like, but all I know is that it mixes well with the strawberry. It continues to smell like strawberries for the rest of the day but of course it’s a complex elegant strawberry scent. I don’t notice the tangerine scent at all because it definitely does not smell citrusy to me. My coworker said that it is supposed to be very sweet, but personally I don’t get that at all. I guess I am referring to the vanilla type of sweet, but this perfume is definitely not that. This kind of sweet people are referring to must be the fruity fresh fruit sweet. I never get sick of this scent because it isn’t a very strong smell. It isn't faint like cheap perfumes but it is still on the soft side. I doubt most people would be offended by this scent. I would spray six times total around my chest area and arms/wrists. It fades about six hours or so while getting softer and softer. At the end, I think I smell strawberry candy. Perhaps this is the caramelized popcorn, but I am not certain how caramelized popcorn is supposed to smell like haha. A lot of people seem to dislike the smell of patchouli, but to be honest, I have no idea how patchouli is supposed to smell like either. Like mentioned, because the scent is so soft, I do not smell anything outstanding during the drydown. I think anybody, no matter what age, could rock this smell anytime during the year. It is pretty pricey though, but that’s just how designer perfumes are. Overall, I think the majority of people that tried this perfume would at least like it. I can’t stand a day without spraying this on! I am so obsessed with this perfume that I got two 3.4 oz bottles of this scent because I know if I ever run out and get a new one, I will be getting the reformulated version, which I do not like. If you like a perfume that smells like fresh strawberries mixed 50/50 with flowers, then I would definitely recommend you get this perfume.

Again, to avoid any confusion, this review is for the 2005 version. The earlier bottles had “Miss Dior Cherie” etched in silver on the bottle without a sticker label. The sticker label that you see on the current bottles now is actually the new design that came out even before Dior had reformulated the actual perfume. Now the perfume is reformulated in 2011 in the same bottle with the sticker label on it, so for those that may make a new purchase, there will be a chance you bought the new version. You simply cannot tell by just looking at the bottle. The difference between the initial version and the 2011 version is that Dior took out the fruity strawberry and caramelized popcorn notes, which makes the new one smells more mature. To me, the new one smells like bitter flowers for the first couple minutes and it does not smell like fruits whatsoever. However, I think that people that are older would enjoy the new version better without smelling all fruity. I hope this review would be helpful for those that were confused between the old/new version of the perfume in the same bottle. I sure was hella confused, so that is why I did all my research and now trying to help others straighten it out.

The following bottles are both the previous version but the top one's the old bottle:

newer bottle:

continued >>

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been wanting this since it initially came out, but kept getting sidetracked, I finally sprang for a bottle. The scent contains notes I don't normally wear-I'm not a fruity, floral girlie sort, but what really attracted me was the caramel note....no popcorn, but after the initial fruity slightly floral opening, the drydown is the star. This scent goes a long way with a small spritz....this is not a scent you want to drown yourself in, It lasts forever, and just gets better. Although it does smell like caramel, and has a sweetness (unknown as to whether the floral or fruit notes are causing this) I wouldn't call this foody, It won't appeal to all, but I find it a nice change from my heavier scents for spring...not sure this will make it thru the summer-it may become cloying, but right now, it's perfect.