November 27, 2014 | 1497 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by alyy9

PROS:
# natural ingredients, no nasty chemicals!
# extremely moisturising
# lavender scent
# light daily exfoliant

CONS:
# doesn't remove make up well
# expiry date, I half it with my boyfriend

I feel it is more of a moisturiser then a cleanser, would definitely buy again though, as it has cured my dry skin on my face immensely in this dry aussie summer! Also don't mind the packaging, you can return 5 for a free tub of fresh face mask :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by azazel0805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is really expensive, but ugh, I'm in love with it and will most likely be buying it again after I've used up my current tub. I love how this smells! I've seen some people complaining about the smell, but mine smells so good - it just smells heavily of chamomile and almonds which I love. I wonder if it just depends on where it was made? The stuff we get at my local LUSH store come from Japan, which I'm really happy about because products made in Japan generally tend to be of high quality based on experience.
This is a really gentle scrub that leaves your face soft and smooth. I don't use toner when I use this cleanser because it works well on its own. I do, however, have to use another cleanser before Angels on Bare Skin if I've been wearing makeup because this is too gentle to remove all traces of makeup. So Coalface + Angels on Bare Skin at night and Angels on Bare Skin in the morning is a pretty good routine. I alternate this with Dark Angels :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by butchesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love AOBS! While I am still interested in exploring Lush's other cleansers, this is far and above superior to any other product I've ever used on my face. I had terrible acne as a teenager and it's plagued me into adulthood - after years of trying to beat it into submission with harsh drugstore cleansers and prescription medications, I had given up on finding anything that would ever work on my sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin. Cue my introduction to Lush. This cleanser has a soft, milky texture with lightly exfoliating properties. While it won't lather in the same way as many drugstore cleansers, don't let that fool you - this is very effective and leaves my skin baby soft. I pinch a small amount (between the size of a pea and a bean) into my hand and massage water into it to make a paste, which I use on my face. I find this works best in the shower in the mornings - using it over the sink can be a little messy, hence why I only gave this 4/5 stars - but the lavender and oats keep this scrub calming enough that you could use it at night without issue.

If you will be the only one using AOBS, I would recommend the smaller of the two sizes Lush offers - it's the perfect amount to go through before it expires.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing cleanser!!! I've been meaning to try this out for the last few years but have been constantly put off by the smell. However, I bought a small tub last week, used it for seven days and I love it!!! Like others, I agree that its an excellent morning cleanser and leaves my skin baby soft and smooth! And the smell is not so obvious when you only use a pea-size amount on the face. I'm definitely buying a bigger tub of this later to share with my sister!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 4:37:00 AM More reviews by girlraven

Great cleanser, smells divine, applies to face beautifully cleanses well all around a fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by loriorio

I tried Angels on Bare Skin over the summer. I usually use Dark Angels and when I went to Lush for more, I talked to a clerk about my recent sunburn and she suggested to give this a try since it's more of a mild cleanser and should soothe my very sad skin. I wasn't expecting much from this but it really worked! It actually soothed my skin and it's creamy consistency did nothing to irritate it. It was also gentle enough for me to use everyday for a speedy recovery. I haven't added this one to my regular routine though. Dark Angels just offers a lot more for me in that respect. But for summer time sunburns, I'll be buying this again since it's more ideal for sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Ugh, God, NO.
I have been on this *epic* quest to find a cleanser that won't make my crazy skin react. I certainly do not have the same skin I had in my teen years and 20's. It wasn't perfect skin but it didn't annoy the hell out of me.
Now, when I use a cleanser that's not for me, I experience one of these reactions:
A) Millia. Mega Millia. Milla from Mars.
B) Red itchy splotches that turn into red bumps that either go away within an hour or a few days, OR
C) Congestion that is beyond medical science.
With AOBS I experienced two of the three. The itchy/red bump scene is the most dreadful, because NOTHING will calm it down, and those bumps can turn into scaly things that make my skin look awful. I also got the very congested skin. This is due to that film of Calamine that ABOS leaves on the skin.

I really wanted to like LUSH, I've tried Mask of Magnaminty (like) but anything else I have tried just made my skin angry.
I only bought 50 grams. Maybe my daughter would like it.
Moving on to just plain colloidal oatmeal. I'll wash night and day with just that, and I'll report back in one week, guaranteed.
See my notepad if you are interested in the epic quest.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by imgracekelly

I bought this once and I wasn't totally thrilled. I'd used Herbalism before, which I love and still used but wanted to give this one a try. It's not a bad product but I just don't think it works best for my skin type, that's really the only reason I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by TrisHermioneKatniss

Meh. This product isn't as good as I'd thought it would be given its massive promotion inside Lush and all the rave reviews on the internet.
I do like the fact that you smoosh it up with water in your hand and then apply it. It smells OK, just lavender really. It also lasts for ages and ages- I've had my pot since July, it's now November, and I still have over half left.
The problem lies with the actual effect it had on my skin, which, put simply, is nil.
It did nothing. It removed my makeup quite well, but other than that, it didn't really have an effect. It didn't make my skin more matte, it didn't improve my acne... it basically did nothing.
I will not be repurchasing this product, but, instead, trying one of Lush's other roll cleansers as I did like that aspect of it.
I would, however, recommend it for people who are at something of a middle ground with their skin, and merely need it to remove makeup and clean their skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Lissielimelight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I didn't know what to expect, I've always used milk or gel-cleansers so this were something entierly new for me. I still don't really know how to get the right amount of this, so I've never really got the "cleansing-milk"-feel, more a softer scrub. Although I really like how my face feels afterwards. Since I am really sensitive to scrubs and such this is a good alternative since it is like a cleanser and a gentle scrub all in one. I have never tried this to take off make up since I don't think it would work at all concidering the consistency, I just use this after taking off my make up with make up remover cleansing cloths and my face feels soo soft afterwards! I haven't used this long enough to tell if it's done any difference on my skin, but I'll be sure to update you guys if I notice any changes :) All I can say now is that this is a good cleanser that softens the face immediatly!