July 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by blueclaire

I only used a sample of this but it was a good size and would have lasted me probably 2 weeks. After 3-4 days I got a ton of small whiteheads though so I discontinued it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by arscharfen21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a facial at the LUSH store where the sales girl tried several products on me that were made for sensitive skin. I stresses this several times and decided to go ahead. I could feel my face get a bit red after she was done, which is pretty normal for me. She sent me home with several samples, including AOBS. I used it tonight with a few of the other samples and my face is beet red. I can feel the heat radiating off of it, has a weird filmy feeling, and it is uncomfortable. I have had this reaction to cleansers in the past so I will just keep looking for the right one for me because it sure isn't this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by annahch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought Angels on Bare Skin because I wanted to get a nice scrubby cleanser that had a bit of grit in it to combat my combination skin. It smells really beautiful, and it feels nice when you put it on and to use as a scrub. Unfortunately, it didn't really do anything for me. My skin was the same texture and appearance after using it for ages since the amount I purchased lasted a long time (another positive for this product). Even though it smells and feels good, I would rather use something that shows a positive result on my skin. The St Ives apricot scrub/cleanser had a bigger impact on my skin than this. So, I won't be repurchasing this, even though the smell is really lovely!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product and stopped using it after a few weeks. You can not get any water into the container or it will melt. Thats fine, but what happens when you pre wash your face before using the product. You have to stick your wet hands in the pot. You also cannot bring the product into the shower. It smells good and is good if you have dry skin. Over all I just found this product inconvenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by wanilkaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this washing scrub so much. The smell is amazing and works great! Skin is cleaner and amazing soft. Great for comedons. Use it about three times in week. Unfortunately it has very short durability (4 months) so it is quite expensive after all. Even so I'm buing it over and over again for years. Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by denns

A very good all-natural cleanser for those with dry or normal skin types. Cleans well, exfoliates and leaves skin feeling extremely soft and hydrated - not "stripped" at all, which some cleansers can do. The lavender smell is very pleasant, and I always go ga-ga over Lush's all-natural ingredients (love the whole lavender flecks!).

I have normal-combination skin, with a little oil in my t-zone and a few dry patches on my nose here and there. I use this when I want my skin to feel balanced (normally I use LUSH's Herbalism cleanser because I'm acne-prone), and clean - I like to use it a few mornings per week, to clean and prime my face for makeup especially. I would use it every day, but the ground almonds in the formula make me uneasy with daily use - I'm not into harsh, jagged-edge exfoliants. That being said, I still love the cleanser on a twice-weekly or so basis.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:34:00 AM More reviews by nicolajayne

I enjoyed using this cleanser at first as it was a real novelty. (For those of you who haven't seen it, the tub is full of loose crumbly ingredients which you mix with water to make a paste) But the novelty soon wears off and it's easy to lose product in the sink when trying to mix it in your hand.

The instructions say a pea-sized amount is sufficient but I felt more was needed to make enough paste to cover my face. The good thing about this cleanser is it left my face feeling really soft and glowing, and it never felt tight or stingy like other more soapy cleansers make it feel.

However, it soon became apparent that my face wasn't actually being cleaned by this product. I was wary about this at the start as the product is very natural and I wondered about which ingredients actually cleansed. After about 2 weeks, my trouble area on my chin broke out, which it does when the area isn't being cleaned properly.

The packaging is ok and the smell is typical of Lush, but after 2 weeks, more than half the product had been used and I paid about 6 for it.

It's a shame this product doesn't work better as I would've put up with the tricky mixing of the ingredients if my skin had been properly cleansed.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jnpho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It could be that i'm using it wrong or my sample was dried up, but it was way too grainy for me as an exfoliate when mixed with water and didn't really turn into a paste (more like lumpy grains in some milky water). I have rosacea and sadly this did nothing for my skin, it didn't reduce heat or redness. I guess the plus side is peace of mind for not using harsh chemicals everyday but that's about it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by fychen

Love how natural LUSH's products are. This exfoliate my skin yet it is very gentle. I can tell how soft my skin feels after using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by kaileylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AOBS is a great product. On the package it says: "Evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin, giving a natural healthy glow." I totally agree. I've been using this alongside Ultrabland for the past week and I love it- it smells lovely like lavender and it doesn't appear to contain actual lavender buds. I like to get a bit more than a pea and massage it like a scrub all over my face. My face is very smooth and feels relaxed after. I accidentally forgot my Ultrabland and Skin Drink one night and my skin didn't feel tight at all and had no dead skin on it in the morning from dryness. I am very impressed with this product and will continue to buy but will trade up for Buche De Noel when the holiday season is in swing. I love this stuff! Thanks LUSH