September 17, 2014 | 1964 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by suzyorchid

As an "overall cleanser" this is average, but if you use this for a very specific purpose, then it becomes a great cleanser, IMO. In other words, it's not great for all-purpose, 1-step use to take off all your makeup, and thoroughly clean your skin. However, it is AWESOME as a morning cleanser.

I only use this in the morning when my face is already clean. Its great at putting moisture and suppleness back into the face. I don't use it every morning...I tend to use it once a week or more if my skin is starting to feel a little dry and need some hydration. I love it because it exfoliates gently, but has properties that seem to soothe and relieve the skin. I especially like to use it when I feel that I also need a little more radiance.

I don't use it at night at all because I prefer my regular cleanser, which is used to remove the traces of makeup residue. For those who prefer or want to, you could use this after using a make-up specific cleanser. My guess is it would help to moisturize the skin and prep it even more for the nightly moisturizer.

Overall, I think its great for a specific purpose. A little goes a long way. Some people said it can be messy, which it can, but if you are able to do it in the shower, that should help but down the messiness.

I love this cleanser and would definitely repurchase. The only reason I gave it a 4 is because its not a HG cleanser that can do everything.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by LipbalmQueen

Eh, this product is just okay. I can definitely live without it. In fact, I'm going to return it this week. It exfoliates very well and that's about it. I have combination, acne-prone skin that is prone to some redness. To be honest, this cleanser makes my face red even long after using it. I also got quite a few blackheads after using this. It's also tough to apply, I hate trying to ball it up and make a paste. I'd rather just use my Cetaphil and call it a day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and have occasional breakouts around my t-zone. Ever since hearing about Lush's Angels on Bare Skin from room mates, reviews, etc, I wanted to see if the product was worth the hype.

It's OK. My biggest beef is that it is expensive (about $27 for 250g) and that I find ABS does not clean my skin deeply, as I wear Revlon Colorstay foundation. I'll swipe toner on afterwards and still find significant traces of make-up on me after using ABS.

PROs:
-contains kaolin clay, which helps absorb facial oils. (Doesn't control it much, though)
-almond and lavender bits are gentle as exfoliators
-smells natural, unlike drugstore stuff (if you like an herbal scent)
-smoothes my skin nicely because of the exfoliating factor
-does not dry or strip my skin

CONs:
-doesn't clean makeup off
-messy to apply. It's a crumbly paste that you scoop out and mash between your fingers to create a smoother paste. Plenty of it still gets lost in the sink, though.
-pricey
-my product came in a cheap, clear plastic container (think condiment container from take-out) with a deli-style label on it. Ugly.

Overall, it's not a bad cleanser and it's not a magical cleanser either. I would use it if someone gave it to me as a gift, but I wouldn't buy it again because it is pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by keewee88

Switched to Angels on Bare Skin after Herbalism left me super-dried-out...

Like the 'grit', find that a small container lasts a long time (I use a cranberry-sized amount each time) and as long as I dont keep it in direct water, the container keeps enough water out to keep the cleanser happy.

I do find that I need more exfoliation sometimes, so I keep a tub of Lush Ocean Salt around for the 'deep clean' days...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by Kiabiah

*Packaging: the usual black tub which works for this product as I scoop the amount that I want to use out with a small spoon.
*Price: Quite expensive considering the amount which you need to get good face coverage. If you use it everyday, it will be long gone before the end date which is about 4 to 5 months.
*Instructions for use: take an amount (more than peasized) in your hand and mix it with water to create a paste. This was getting used to as I lost a lot of product in the sink at the beginning, but I'm getting better at it ;-)
*Smell: I think the smell is quite pleasant, a typical "Lush" smell. Fresh and herbal.
*Result: The cleanser left my face feeling soft, glowing and clean not at all red, sore or stingy like some others which I have used in the past. I have been using this cleanser for a while now (only in the evening / I'm on my third tub) and no more break outs, less excema, just healthy looking skin. I will continue to buy this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by blueclaire

I only used a sample of this but it was a good size and would have lasted me probably 2 weeks. After 3-4 days I got a ton of small whiteheads though so I discontinued it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by arscharfen21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had a facial at the LUSH store where the sales girl tried several products on me that were made for sensitive skin. I stresses this several times and decided to go ahead. I could feel my face get a bit red after she was done, which is pretty normal for me. She sent me home with several samples, including AOBS. I used it tonight with a few of the other samples and my face is beet red. I can feel the heat radiating off of it, has a weird filmy feeling, and it is uncomfortable. I have had this reaction to cleansers in the past so I will just keep looking for the right one for me because it sure isn't this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by annahch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought Angels on Bare Skin because I wanted to get a nice scrubby cleanser that had a bit of grit in it to combat my combination skin. It smells really beautiful, and it feels nice when you put it on and to use as a scrub. Unfortunately, it didn't really do anything for me. My skin was the same texture and appearance after using it for ages since the amount I purchased lasted a long time (another positive for this product). Even though it smells and feels good, I would rather use something that shows a positive result on my skin. The St Ives apricot scrub/cleanser had a bigger impact on my skin than this. So, I won't be repurchasing this, even though the smell is really lovely!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this product and stopped using it after a few weeks. You can not get any water into the container or it will melt. Thats fine, but what happens when you pre wash your face before using the product. You have to stick your wet hands in the pot. You also cannot bring the product into the shower. It smells good and is good if you have dry skin. Over all I just found this product inconvenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 7:26:00 AM More reviews by wanilkaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this washing scrub so much. The smell is amazing and works great! Skin is cleaner and amazing soft. Great for comedons. Use it about three times in week. Unfortunately it has very short durability (4 months) so it is quite expensive after all. Even so I'm buing it over and over again for years. Love!