NARS Orgasm-Laguna Blush-Bronzer Duo

4.4

Before I purchased this duo, I read reviews in magazines about how universally flattering it is on all skin tones. As a woman of Asian descent, I had my doubts about the veracity of what seemed like such a bold statement, especially since I've had problems with finding the right colors - in any type of makeup - that would look flattering. I have to admit, the Laguna bronzer and Orgasm blush are indeed all that they're hyped to be. The bronzer isn't too dark and is easy to build up for a more intense look, while the blush gives off a nice peachy glow with a very subtle shimmer. The biggest drawback of this is the packaging; the outside is kind of sticky, drawing and collecting dust, powder, and whatever else it touches. Other than that minor flaw (I address it by keeping it inside a plastic baggie!), I'm really happy with it and plan to be an avid user for years to come.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this duo!! I've tried other bronzers and there's def no other like Laguna from this duo, doesn't make me look orange or washed out and doesn't have alot of shimmer to it. Orgasm is the perfect pink for a healthy glow. Yes $38 is alot of money but for such a great product, it's totally worth it and it will last you a long time! I've had mine a year and still haven't hit pan on it yet. Great sleek packaging as well. I will never part from this duo!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

In a nutshell, I love Orgasm but not a huge fan of the Laguna.

Laguna - Even applied with a super light hand and a brush best for bronzer it makes my face look dirty. I like bronzer to be just a hint and not so noticable but every time I've tried I've ended up putting my face powder on top of it to settle it down. I think its because my skintone is so light and I haven't mastered applying it yet. I'll keep trying because I really want to love this bronzer!

Orgasm is the perfect pink for my skintone, however. Its noticeable and blends well and gives me a nice healthy blushing cheeks. My only complaint is that it doesn't last all day.

If I ever repurchase, for now I will just be getting the Orgasm blush on its own. I will update this review if I've made Laguna work for me.

It's a little awkward to use because both colours are so close to each other in the palette and once you swipe it with a brush, the pigment gets onto the palette, but other than that, the colours are great. It is a pretty good deal if you like both colours a lot! Only other thing is, like most bronzers and blushes, they don't stay on long enough.

Very great investment. Before SEPHORA was in Canada, I bought this in the states along with UDPP. Very glad I got this many years ago.

Both are flattering, supposedly "universal" shades and I did find myself using the blush a lot more since I was still new into makeup and didn't use bronzers properly, and didn't have proper brushes.

However, I may repurchase this sometime with just the bronzer seperately, because I do have deep throat blush at the moment and it's similar to Orgasm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After reading a million reviews on how awesome the orgasm blush was, i decided to take the plunge and picked up the due bc it seemed like more bang for the buck ( a lot of bucks, its pricey). I have very fair skin and both look beautiful on my skin, neither is too overwhelming or unbelievable. It has replaced every blush and bronzer I have ever used. I will buy again....if i ever need to which i doubt. A little goes a long way.

Though Orgasm is a gorgeous blush, Laguna makes me not like this duo so much. It looks too orange for my skin(nw10-15), so it's not of much use. It's also a bit expensive :( I'll be keeping this for the Orgasm blush but won't be using Laguna much anymore.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wish I just bought orgasm! The duo is great...but extremly wallet breakin'! It's so expensive!! But I still love it ;) I don't like laguna..sorry. My skin is extremely pale and this made me look realy ugly. I'm not trying to bring the product down though...I decided to use less, and It worked out fine. Nest time I'll just buy orgasm.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The colors ARE universally flattering, but the price is too expensive! YOU CAN GET AN EXTREMELY SIMILAR VERSION OF THIS DUO FOR A FEW DOLLARS FROM E.L.F. I would definitely recommend trying that out!

Cult Favorite? Sure. My Favorite? Unfortunately NO...

Following the hype about how it is the perfect compliment to NC30 oily/combo skin, I bought into it, despite my friend's warning that it had broke out her skin... The color was lovely. Payoff FANTASTIC. Laguna did not turn me orange like my Neutrogena bronzer did... and the blush/bronzer duo is GENIUS! I love having both side by side, and hate the idea of having to open two seperate products to get one area of my face done.

Sadly for me, the product instantaneously broke me out after the first day's use. I thought it was horomonal at first, but every time I stopped use, I cleared up again. It took me two weeks to figure out I needed to return it.

I am back on my quest for the perfect blush/bronzer duo - but I think I'm going to have to stick w/ MAC blushes for now, and find my perfect bronzer later... =(

Top Rated NARS Products