Redken Color Extend Shampoo

Sodium laureth sulfate

on 5/8/2008 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Eh... I've had a good experience with Redken products, which is why when my stylist told me to buy this, I did. She said I needed it to get the Ph balance in my hair back to normal and this would help. Well, I don't know if it's the fact that I just got my hair highlighted or what but let's just say this stuff makes my hair feel disgusting. I have a straight perm and this makes my hair curly. Yeah, also dry and crunchy. It cleans reasonably well and smells decent but for a $15 price tag, I would expect something half moisterizing. No, not this.

on 5/5/2008 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used this shampoo for a few days and I am very pleased with the results. It makes my curly, thick, frizzy hair soft and shiny, no matter how tangled it is. One thing I noticed is that after 3 days of using it my color started to fade away slightly on the sections of my hair that were processed with discoloration (had highlights about 10 months ago), so I am not sure if this really protects your color. I think its an amazing shampoo for damaged hair.

on 4/21/2008 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a good product :)

Redken products are more like perscriptions for your hair there is a family for each hair type, there are many factors why this might not work for you, think about it: you dont buy deep heat if you've got a sore throat do you?

colour extend is not for highlights, thats what blonde glam is for.
Use this from the moment you have your hair coloured and you will notice the look and feel of your hair is improved compared to the cheap crap which pumps your hair full of silicone from the shelf of a supermarket

on 4/16/2008 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For more than six years I've been dying my hair dark brown, almost black and quite frankly: I have to re-dye every four to six weeks whether I use this shampoo or not, so it isn't doing what it should. *shrugs* It makes my hair shiny, though, and it's easy to comb even when wet.

Not gonna buy again

After dying my hair, eventually I noticed it was starting to fade..so I went to CVS and was scanning the shelves for a good color saving shampoo...and there were so many products to pick from and I saw Redken and remembered that Redken is one of the best shampoos on the market so I bought it and tried it out. It did wonders for my hair....let me tell you. It helped slow down the fading, and made my hair shiny. I would definately buy this product again.

on 4/2/2008 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is my favorite shampoo for my colored hair that I have found -- I really noticed a difference in the length of time before the fading started vs. other shampoos that I have tried. Will definitely repurchase!

on 3/15/2008 5:09:00 PM

One of my favorite shampoos. Keeps my highlights from fading ,turning brassy&doesn't dry out my hair. I buy this by the liter and purchase a liter pump from Sally Beauty Supply for ease of use.

on 3/11/2008 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Redken products but this was horrible. It left my hair feeling like straw. I prefer their All Soft, Cleansing Cream, and Smooth Down.

on 3/9/2008 8:11:00 PM

The girl at the beauty shop recommended this after she colored my hair. WHY, WHY, WHY? I've been using color-enhancing shampoos for years, and this was the greasiest, dullest, worst shampoo I've ever tried.

I'd rather buy the Color Vive by L'Oreal any day over this over-priced junk in a bottle. Save your money!

on 3/5/2008 2:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is only the second Redken shampoo I have ever tried and since I only highlighted my hair for the first time last week I don't have a lot to compare this to. That being said I do like this shampoo and the conditioner so far. It didn't weigh my hair down or give me the frizzies - it just left my hair feeling clean and soft. I like the scent but it is really subtle which I guess would be good for those who don't like their shampoo perfumy.

Popular Shampoos