April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Lip Treatments - La Mer - Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it's the best lip balm, ever. my lips look and feel smoother, softer, plumper . great for cold days in the winter and hot days at the beach in the summer. #1 lip balm for me. expensive. my husband like it too :) believe me...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by impeccable02

This is the best lip balm I have ever used.
After trying many, I had given up on lip balm.
Following many disappointments, my idea of lip balm was: cutesy, girly, overly sweet,and exotically (sometimes nauseatingly) smelling goo that will strip your lips of all remaining moisture and leave them in worse condition than before. That is to say, with unsightly cracked and peeling skin.
For a while I just used facial moisturizer for dry skin on my lips and that worked quite well. (Interestingly, I was reading Allure a few days ago where I stumbled uppon an article on lip make-up where Bobbi Brown was recommending using eye cream on lips rather than lip balm as she deems it much more moisturising and conditioning for the lips than most lip balms. Glad to know I'm not the only lip balm-skeptic!)
However, the La Mer balm is different and it is fantastic. Even in the depth of winter, my lips are very soft with zero dryness, flakiness, or ruptured skin. Beautiful! First time this has ever happened. Worth every penny. Will certainly repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hmmm....$45 dollars for a lip balm? I received this as a press sample for an article I'm writing and was skeptical from the outset. Doesn't feel that smooth going on, not does it soften lips...I re-applied three times today and nothing. I'd be willing to challenge any fans to a blind test with other balms...I'm pretty sure Carmex or Kiehl's would beat La Mer ...Though I'm sure people feel good buying it, because $45 almost sounds affordable compared to the creams.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by RoseFraser

This is an OK lip treatment, but you do have to apply it at least three time as day.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2008 3:30:00 PM More reviews by missycat928

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price of this balm, I would not recommend it to another user. I am a La Mer lotion and cream devotee (for my insanely dry facial skin). I thought the balm would be equally amazing for my lips. I will admit that it glides on nicely, makes the lips soft for a few hours, and has a nice, clean scent. However, the $45 price tag is a bit much. There are much better lip balms out there for a fraction of the price (such as Neutrogena lip moisturizer - my all time favorite). And, one other negative for me, is that it comes in a pot. I much prefer something that glides on without using fingers or a lip brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by tiffeey

I love this lip balm! It smells great and it's a little bit sweet minty. It's definitely NOT cheap (thank God it was a present), but it helps to heal my chapped lips when they're at their worst and has a little drier feel than waxy chapsticks. I really get the results I want when I use this balm! Other than that, I don't really like the pot that it comes in. While it's easy to get at since it's big and round, I feel like it gets dirty faster and I can see it! All in all, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by p1nkd3vil

I've been using this lip balm for years now and it always keeps my lips soft and smooth. I apply generously before bedtime and gently scrub off the dead skin with toothbrush in the morning. I love the scent and taste of it, can't help but to lick my lips everytime I have this on.

Cons: Expensive and unhygienic. Wish that it comes in stick form so that I don't have to dip my finger in it every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

EDIT 16/09/2009: I just came back from a week-long holiday. And as usual, the harsh cold air of high altitude places make my lips painfully dry before they chap or crack. On the third day of holidaying, my lips became very painfully dry with the sides beginning to chap- this is the prelude to chapping/cracking. I applied LM lip balm three times a day (especially at night) and surprisingly, my lips were restored back to their normal state without any form of chapping..yes without any form of peeling. Now that I am back to Singapore I only use lip balm before bedtime (fine..fine.. sometimes I do not use any at all) This is the only lip balm I am using right now and I guess it may stay that way for a long time.

I very seldom use lip balms because they are tacky and sticky and gooey. And they alter the color and texture of my lipstick. Instead I normally settle for lipstick with spf 'though they are not moisturizing enough. But when my lips are becoming too dry and tight, I have no choice but to apply the greasy Blistex DCT, the only lip balm that does not cause break out on my chin.

I found LM lip balm and I am very impressed with this product. I dab my finger twice from the container to my lips and I am done. My lips are well-moisturized and they absorb the emolient in this balm, making them very soft and comfortable without the dreaded grease. Although I still use LP lip treatment at night, LM is my daytime companion. I wish LM would make it in stick form 'though I think it will not be as effective as such.

I think LM designed this balm as a 24-h lipcare otherwise it would come with SPF and with colored version. Honestly, these are the only reasons why this product slightly missed HG material status for me. But still the best that has ever graced my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this balm recently after a friend of mine raved about it. After using it for a few weeks, I've decided I won't be buying it again. It's a decent lip balm so it makes your lips feel smooth and it's nice that it looks really natural on your skin and not ultra shiny, but it doesn't have great lasting power. I need to reapply it three times a day to keep my lips from getting dry, so it doesn't have the lasting power that Smith's Rosebud Salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour lip balm have. The smell is okay if you like mint. As with most lip balms that come in a pot, fluff and stuff tends to get in the pot or around the lid which you have to clean out all the time, which is why I tend to prefer lip balms in stick form. Overall, it's okay but it's definitely not the best lip balm I've ever used and it's by far the most expensive. So to those that are cost conscious, I would suggest going with something else that's cheaper and will work just as well (like Smith's Rosebud Salve or Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by violetleaves

This is amazing. To appreciate it, of course, one must be the type who loves to indulge in luxury. As a hedonist myself, this is the perfect choice. Lips have never been so soft.