July 25, 2014 | 1832 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy - Root Touch Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started going gray at 26, its genetic in my family. i'm 33 now and 50% of my head is grey..

There was not enough product to get my whole head. i have very thick hair. so i was dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the new and improved version, which claims to have 35% more product. There was more than enough to cover my roots. I just really hated the mixing tray, it was way to small and made it hard to properly mix the two components. The brush was perfect, made it easy to get it and just paint over my growth, its beens about two months since my last dye job so the roots were pretty visible. The price is really good too, like $5-6.

The results are little brassy, if not for that I would be in love with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bighairwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't write many reviews but after using this product tonight, I had to. First off, I wanna kiss the person that invented this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You just saved me $65.00 not including a tip this Friday. I had a root touch up appointment at the salon. Being a jobless, stay at home mom I decided to give this a try regardless of the not so hot reviews. I had to take my chances and boy am I glad that I did. First off, I know a lot of you have said that there is not enough of this product. Well they must have heard your complaints because right on the box it states 35% (I believe) more color. So that is a good thing, Remember, this is just to cover regrowth, not all of your hair. My hair is VERY thick, not long but thick. I have been told by my stylist that I have enough hair for two people. I found the portion to be very generous and it covered all of my greys. Secondly, it is so easy to do, even for the novice. Now in all fairness, my greys are in the front and sides. Not too many in the back at all. Would I be able to apply this product by myself in the back of my head, no way. I am able though to do a very decent job on the parts that I can see and reach. Which allows me to hopefully get an extra three weeks (as the box states) of beautiful color with out the grey. This allows me now to be able to go at least eight weeks with out the salon. Before I was going every four weeks. This was killing my wallet!!! Let me say the final outcome was FANTASTIC. I chose med. brown, remember I have highlights as well. This matched my hair beautifully with out (as far as I can see) not a grey hair in sight! Were my highlights effected, not at all. They look great. I am so excited and over joyed that I just saved myself a ton of money as I will continue in the future. I initially wanted to try the Revlon Colorsilk root touch up because of the awesome reviews I have read. I went to two major stores and did not even see this product on the shelf. Not sure if they are discontinuing it or what. In a nut shell, if you are broke like most of us, and you are trying not to make your stylist rich, you have to give this stuff a try. Disreguard all the bad comments, either they did not apply it right or did not choose the right shade. This stuff is fool proof. I hope they never discontinue it. I will buy every box up on the shelf!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

Terrific product. I agree with all the other reviewers not enough product - I don't even have that much, lol and 25 minutes is the minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Tamiria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep a closet full of this stuff, because the gray hair just keeps popping. I love the option of just doing my roots, which helps minimize the damage to the rest of my hair.

I've been coloring my hair for over 20 years, and it's never been this quick and easy. I use: 004R, Dark Auburn, which pumps up the color of my (naturally) medium brown hair while hiding those pesky grays -- in less than a half an hour. The Nice 'n Easy Root kit gives me just enough product to thoroughly saturate the roots of my fine hair, with no waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first time I used this product. Again, I have very porous, frizzy, curly, hair that I color with Preference LOreal #8BB and then I use Garnier Fructoce Highlight kit to just put a few highlights around face and bangs. I have very grey/brown roots that grows extremely rapid. I thought I would try this on the temples and grey part that came in only 2 weeks after coloring. The blond colors were extremely limited at CVS to 1 choice. The application was simple. The results were a golden, brassy blond. Okay, at first but after 2 or 3 washings the texture of my hair was really crappy. It made my hair extremely dry and even more kinky and the color looked awful. I have waited 4 weeks to redo my color and have a 1/2 inch of grey and dark brown roots right now. I just purchased the new product Perfect 10 by Clairol in Medium blonde and plan on trying this product today. I will write a review for this new product in a couple of weeks. I would never repurchase the root touch up product again. Not for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by stephanie_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about everyone else, but it's the strangest thing... One day, my hair looks fine and it seems like the very next day, I have gray roots (wiping away my tears...). When that happens and I'm in a rush for one reason or another, this stuff is a great convenience. So much so, in fact, that I now always keep a box or two on hand. My only complaint is that this must be made for gals with heads ALOT smaller than mine because I just don't think there's enough of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Catie999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buying this product has cut down on my salon visits for sure. I buy the dark auburn and it is perfect for me. My only complaint is that there isn't much product there, to really do my hair well I would probably need to buy two packages. I will certainly buy again though, it beats paying $50 at a salon!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LMar

I normally have brunette hair and about two months ago went blond. My roots were growing back in but i didn't want to have to pay $100 at the salon again just to get them done, so i decided to try this. It somewhat lightened my roots on the top of my head, but not nearly to what it said it would. Also, when i washed it out my entire head of hair hair a reddish tint to it! I was super frustrated because now it just looks even worse and have to go to the salon anyways, now to get all my hair done!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by goodie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

update for fairness--- I no longer use this or color at home. My hair needs professional help, so I stick to my expensive yet worth it salon coloring. If you need a quick touch up for emergencies only then this is fine.

-------I have used this product about 5 times. The first 3 I had great results! It did cover the small amount of gray coming up on my 33 year old dark brown curly hair. In fact, instead of my normal 5 weeks between every salon color, I stretched it to 6-7. Though my hairdresser is like, "what are you doing to your hair!" He can totally see the color. I used this stuff again 2 weeks ago and my grays are so NOT covered. Its looks like I didn't even touch it. I did not see the reviews here to leave it on longer than 10, so maybe that would have helped? Anyway, I just bought a nice looking color of L'Oreal's Natural Match. I am hoping to lighten my color just a bit and tackle the grays as well. For you more experienced colorers, Is it too soon for me to use my new color or should I wait? I hate to wait cause you can totoally see my gray- but I don't want to ruin my hair.
I saw glowing reviews of Natural Match here and on TV (Ivillage). Tell me your thoughts if you have em-thanks!