December 19, 2014 | 1461 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy - Root Touch Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2008 5:24:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossum

Works great if u want to dye ur face!! I must have purchased an old formulation or something because this solution ran down my forehead which has never happened to me with other hair coloring products. I tried it because I got tired of wasting a whole bottle of dye just to do my greys around the face and forehead. I have dark Asian hair and I found "dark brown" to be darker than the L'Oreal I usually use. I used to get Wella dye in a small bottle + a bottle of developer to do my roots and I would get quite a few applications. Problem was the beauty supply store moved to one out of the way location but I'm going back.
As far as the the tray, looks like what snack crackers and cheese come in, and the brush is actually a bonus even though I use a bowl and coloring brush that I got cheap at a Chinese Mall. Also not bad is the short coloring time, but be careful, I think I left mine on too long for my stubborn greys and fried my hair a little. Price is too high for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by KatieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What has happed to "Dark Auburn" I have looked everywhere for this root touch up kit but can't find it, has it been discontinued? Please say no, it's my HG. They make so few colors that I can't see them taking that off the market, but you never know. My sister and I anxiously await the re-appearance of dark auburn!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was SO scared to color my hair for the first time so I tried just hitting my roots with this. I got medium golden brown which actually has a bit of reddish highlight to it. My hair is the color of Justine Bateman's (back in her Family Ties days) and I was amazed at how natural my hair looks. It is shinier than before and blends with my natural color perfectly. I did notice after a few weeks it turned a bit dry/brassy but I think that is because it's summer and I've let sunlight hit my hair and I've not tried to use shampoos made for colored hair. You can't beat this price for the effect though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by NuMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use L'Oreal Excellece Creme is Natural Black. So, I needed to touch up my roots and decided to try this product. I picked up the Black kit because it listed my L'Oreal color as a "match". I only left the product on for 10 minutes like the instructions state. My grays/roots are covered but they are darker than the rest of my hair!!! My roots are black, like black black and the rest of the hair is a softer black. So, now I'm faced with either using a color fix kit or dying all my hair darker so it can be even and waiting for it to fade some! ARGHHH!!! But, on the positive side...I liked the brush (the tray sucks), only needing to wait 10 minutes, enough products to touch up my roots all over my head, and the price is decent. I don't know if I'll buy it again...black is too dark and I'm worried the dark brown kit will give me reddish/brassy roots.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started going gray at 26, its genetic in my family. i'm 33 now and 50% of my head is grey..

There was not enough product to get my whole head. i have very thick hair. so i was dissapointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the new and improved version, which claims to have 35% more product. There was more than enough to cover my roots. I just really hated the mixing tray, it was way to small and made it hard to properly mix the two components. The brush was perfect, made it easy to get it and just paint over my growth, its beens about two months since my last dye job so the roots were pretty visible. The price is really good too, like $5-6.

The results are little brassy, if not for that I would be in love with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bighairwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't write many reviews but after using this product tonight, I had to. First off, I wanna kiss the person that invented this. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You just saved me $65.00 not including a tip this Friday. I had a root touch up appointment at the salon. Being a jobless, stay at home mom I decided to give this a try regardless of the not so hot reviews. I had to take my chances and boy am I glad that I did. First off, I know a lot of you have said that there is not enough of this product. Well they must have heard your complaints because right on the box it states 35% (I believe) more color. So that is a good thing, Remember, this is just to cover regrowth, not all of your hair. My hair is VERY thick, not long but thick. I have been told by my stylist that I have enough hair for two people. I found the portion to be very generous and it covered all of my greys. Secondly, it is so easy to do, even for the novice. Now in all fairness, my greys are in the front and sides. Not too many in the back at all. Would I be able to apply this product by myself in the back of my head, no way. I am able though to do a very decent job on the parts that I can see and reach. Which allows me to hopefully get an extra three weeks (as the box states) of beautiful color with out the grey. This allows me now to be able to go at least eight weeks with out the salon. Before I was going every four weeks. This was killing my wallet!!! Let me say the final outcome was FANTASTIC. I chose med. brown, remember I have highlights as well. This matched my hair beautifully with out (as far as I can see) not a grey hair in sight! Were my highlights effected, not at all. They look great. I am so excited and over joyed that I just saved myself a ton of money as I will continue in the future. I initially wanted to try the Revlon Colorsilk root touch up because of the awesome reviews I have read. I went to two major stores and did not even see this product on the shelf. Not sure if they are discontinuing it or what. In a nut shell, if you are broke like most of us, and you are trying not to make your stylist rich, you have to give this stuff a try. Disreguard all the bad comments, either they did not apply it right or did not choose the right shade. This stuff is fool proof. I hope they never discontinue it. I will buy every box up on the shelf!!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

Terrific product. I agree with all the other reviewers not enough product - I don't even have that much, lol and 25 minutes is the minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Tamiria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep a closet full of this stuff, because the gray hair just keeps popping. I love the option of just doing my roots, which helps minimize the damage to the rest of my hair.

I've been coloring my hair for over 20 years, and it's never been this quick and easy. I use: 004R, Dark Auburn, which pumps up the color of my (naturally) medium brown hair while hiding those pesky grays -- in less than a half an hour. The Nice 'n Easy Root kit gives me just enough product to thoroughly saturate the roots of my fine hair, with no waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first time I used this product. Again, I have very porous, frizzy, curly, hair that I color with Preference LOreal #8BB and then I use Garnier Fructoce Highlight kit to just put a few highlights around face and bangs. I have very grey/brown roots that grows extremely rapid. I thought I would try this on the temples and grey part that came in only 2 weeks after coloring. The blond colors were extremely limited at CVS to 1 choice. The application was simple. The results were a golden, brassy blond. Okay, at first but after 2 or 3 washings the texture of my hair was really crappy. It made my hair extremely dry and even more kinky and the color looked awful. I have waited 4 weeks to redo my color and have a 1/2 inch of grey and dark brown roots right now. I just purchased the new product Perfect 10 by Clairol in Medium blonde and plan on trying this product today. I will write a review for this new product in a couple of weeks. I would never repurchase the root touch up product again. Not for my hair.