April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy - Root Touch Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

Terrific product. I agree with all the other reviewers not enough product - I don't even have that much, lol and 25 minutes is the minimum.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Tamiria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I keep a closet full of this stuff, because the gray hair just keeps popping. I love the option of just doing my roots, which helps minimize the damage to the rest of my hair.

I've been coloring my hair for over 20 years, and it's never been this quick and easy. I use: 004R, Dark Auburn, which pumps up the color of my (naturally) medium brown hair while hiding those pesky grays -- in less than a half an hour. The Nice 'n Easy Root kit gives me just enough product to thoroughly saturate the roots of my fine hair, with no waste.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 6:08:00 AM More reviews by marie29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was the first time I used this product. Again, I have very porous, frizzy, curly, hair that I color with Preference LOreal #8BB and then I use Garnier Fructoce Highlight kit to just put a few highlights around face and bangs. I have very grey/brown roots that grows extremely rapid. I thought I would try this on the temples and grey part that came in only 2 weeks after coloring. The blond colors were extremely limited at CVS to 1 choice. The application was simple. The results were a golden, brassy blond. Okay, at first but after 2 or 3 washings the texture of my hair was really crappy. It made my hair extremely dry and even more kinky and the color looked awful. I have waited 4 weeks to redo my color and have a 1/2 inch of grey and dark brown roots right now. I just purchased the new product Perfect 10 by Clairol in Medium blonde and plan on trying this product today. I will write a review for this new product in a couple of weeks. I would never repurchase the root touch up product again. Not for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by stephanie_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about everyone else, but it's the strangest thing... One day, my hair looks fine and it seems like the very next day, I have gray roots (wiping away my tears...). When that happens and I'm in a rush for one reason or another, this stuff is a great convenience. So much so, in fact, that I now always keep a box or two on hand. My only complaint is that this must be made for gals with heads ALOT smaller than mine because I just don't think there's enough of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2008 7:30:00 AM More reviews by Catie999

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Buying this product has cut down on my salon visits for sure. I buy the dark auburn and it is perfect for me. My only complaint is that there isn't much product there, to really do my hair well I would probably need to buy two packages. I will certainly buy again though, it beats paying $50 at a salon!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LMar

I normally have brunette hair and about two months ago went blond. My roots were growing back in but i didn't want to have to pay $100 at the salon again just to get them done, so i decided to try this. It somewhat lightened my roots on the top of my head, but not nearly to what it said it would. Also, when i washed it out my entire head of hair hair a reddish tint to it! I was super frustrated because now it just looks even worse and have to go to the salon anyways, now to get all my hair done!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by goodie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

update for fairness--- I no longer use this or color at home. My hair needs professional help, so I stick to my expensive yet worth it salon coloring. If you need a quick touch up for emergencies only then this is fine.

-------I have used this product about 5 times. The first 3 I had great results! It did cover the small amount of gray coming up on my 33 year old dark brown curly hair. In fact, instead of my normal 5 weeks between every salon color, I stretched it to 6-7. Though my hairdresser is like, "what are you doing to your hair!" He can totally see the color. I used this stuff again 2 weeks ago and my grays are so NOT covered. Its looks like I didn't even touch it. I did not see the reviews here to leave it on longer than 10, so maybe that would have helped? Anyway, I just bought a nice looking color of L'Oreal's Natural Match. I am hoping to lighten my color just a bit and tackle the grays as well. For you more experienced colorers, Is it too soon for me to use my new color or should I wait? I hate to wait cause you can totoally see my gray- but I don't want to ruin my hair.
I saw glowing reviews of Natural Match here and on TV (Ivillage). Tell me your thoughts if you have em-thanks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by WenchMartha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hair type/history: almost 100% gray, been coloring since age 23, mostly salon coloring until this past year. Short, dark, pixie (think old school Winona Ryder), thick and coarse due to underlying gray texture.

I haven't seen 6-8 weeks between colorings since my early 30s and if I had the cost of every dye job back, I could send my child to college on cash alone. You can imagine now that I'm down to every 3 weeks at the very latest for a color job, that I'm good and sick of it all. I am considering going all gray. But until I take that jump, I got this stuff.

Reviews on here are mixed but I just got finished using this and here's my two cents: it works for what is is. For someone like me, it might just be a godsend (I won't say that until I see how it really wears). This stuff is NOT going to cover your whole head. There's not enough product. What it WILL do is cover what drives you bats and is visible most on your head. With my short hair, if I'd had a tablespoon more product, I could've reached coverage with most spots but the amount did fine for my hairline all around my head, including the back, and most of my part/crown. We all know how to style around gray or other roots so no issue there.

The flimsy mixing tray is silly for the price. My opinion is still out on the brush, which some people have reviewed as great. Apparently, I'm better at bottle application because I made more hairline mess than usual but I did save the brush for future use with a full coloring because I figure if I can apply mascara, I can get the hang of the brush.

I used Medium Brown which mixed up rather scarily with some red tones that I don't really see now that it's done. My usual color, for now, is Clairol's Nice and Easy Gray Solution in same shade. Until it does me wrong, I'll stick with that full color formula. And, because it's Saturday morning and I live on the edge, I did rinse very well then wash.

My hair is soft and the gray is gone for the most part. Listen, we all know that 10 minutes isn't gonna cut it and for that, shame on Clairol's advertising. If it takes 25-30 minutes to cover ANY roots (gray or otherwise), 10 isn't gonna cut it. But I tried 15 expecting to still see some gray and nope. Where I covered, there isn't any.

I'll continue to use this because it's fast and relatively easy. I'll also update on the wear and tear. If I see any gray in the next two weeks, I'll demote this sucker quick.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

After being unsuccessful the first time I used this product, I went on this website and saw that people were saying to leave the product on longer than 10 min. So I left it on for 25 min (I have stubborn gray) and so far, I am very pleased with the results. I may even cancel my coloring appt for next week!! It was easy to use, plenty of product and the brush worked really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by rose8199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I have my hair colored professionally every 4 weeks. My hair is naturally a dark ashy strawberry blonde, which is have colored to an auburn/ copper color. By the 4th week after coloring, my roots really start to annoy me. I just tried the Light Auburn color of this product and it blended my roots beautifully! I can still see where the line is, but no one else will be able to. This product was only $5.99 at Target, which in my mind is a bargain. I really don't understand the other complains about not having enough or the brush being too hard. I thought there was plenty color and the brush was fine. You are only supposed to color in your part and at your hair line. I'm very happy and I'll be purchasing it again. I may leave the color on a little longer next time though. I'm not sure 10 minutes is really enough.