April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Please Me

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jenandhansun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was sold out in months in Korea because a famous celeb Song Hye Gyo wore it to a movie premiere, and she looked GORGEOUS!! I wore it alone the first time I bought it, and thought it was a total mistake to buy it. Then I paired it with MAC Slimshine in Urgent! and it was love at first sight. It was the exact rosy color I was looking for! It's also really good because slimshine provides the moisture that Please Me lacks. For reference, I am Asian with very pale skin and black hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:46:00 AM More reviews by kja0432

the 2nd photo of this lipstick on someones lips (baby light pink colour) is a very inaccurate depiction of the of please me.
its quite a deep pink, with hints of red, not OTT but a more brighter pinky version of your lips. you can look like a clown with the wrong eye makeup. be wary...
EDIT: i now own this ls and i must say im inlove! when your trying on a ls, put it on and walk outside and have a look at it else where, the bright lights at mac counters can totally change the overall apperance of the lipstick on you. i still go by what i said about making you look clownish, keep your eye makeup simple wiht just black eyeliner, it looks best with a simple look

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by hammevo

A matte babydoll pink on me. It doesn't have that much blue undertones so to me, it doesn't look mauve. I'm on the fence whether or not I'd repurchase. I like to use it with other lipsticks of more of a warmer peachy shade. The staying power is pretty good since it is a matte l/s

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2009 3:10:00 PM More reviews by yulyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got this lipstick as a gift a few years back. I thought it looked like a beautiful, muted pink in the tube. but when I applied it, the color seemed to leave my lips with a grey undertone. It completely washes me out. I tried blending the color evenly across my lips and adding gloss but to no avail. it also had the tendency to feather and bleed no matter how strictly I prepped my lips beforehand. the problem I have with this lipstick could be my proclivity towards heavy handedness. either way, I like colors that I can just swipe over my lips directly from the tube without worrying about precision. In its defense, I have to mention that the formula is very creamy. If you have the motivation, you can definitely get this color to work for you. As for me, I'll be moving on to simpler things :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Cbc1025

Lovely color! This lipstick is very pigmented just as other Mac lipsticks are. So blending with a lip brush works best. I still need to put some gloss on top coz its Matte and it looks just flat on my lips. I take one lippie off coz its a bit drying and I have to put balm first before the lipstick. Takes a lot of work for this lipstick to make the "effect"specially if I'm in a rush. Would try out their cremesheen range for a "lipstick and go" day.

Edit:
Love, love this shade! It's at the bottom of the tube now and I have to use a lip brush. I found out that using a lip balm first works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by ricerice

I love this lipstick! I wouldn't describe it as barbie pink, but it's very close to it. I love how this lipstick is very matte and goes on very natural and not as if you have a thick layer of stuff on your lips. It is however a little drying so lip balm is a must as a base. Guys might not get the colour but you will get compliments from the girls! I'll definitely buy this again<3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 1:31:00 AM More reviews by peachykeen01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this lipstick!!! It's a light Barbie pink, but not a bright pink, just really light and pretty. This is my HG everyday lippie, looks great on my tan NC40 skin. I like it with C-thru, Like Venus Dazzleglass, and Revlon Pink Whisper l/g over it...pink without being super bright (like Snob). It's one of the very few lippies I'll actually repurchase when I run out!! Must have for anyone that likes pinks.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 3:02:00 AM More reviews by happycanary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Please me, on me, looks like a very artificial light barbie pink, which I love! It's a little drying, but that is to be expected of most matte lipsticks. I wouldn't wear this to the office, but it's a great weekend look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick looks most like pics #2 and 3 above on me. It is somewhat unnatural-looking on its own. But with a lip gloss over it, it looks like a more interesting nude lip on me. I really like it and feel it is wearable every day to work since it is such a pretty pink with a gloss over it. It is a Barbie pink, like the reviewer below has noted. I am an NC25 with yellow undertones, for reference. Today I wore smokier eyes, and this looked great paired with the eyeshadow! I will definitely purchase again, plus the matte formula is a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by mbui

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BEAUTIFUL pink. I have tons and tons of pink lippies and this a nice addition to my collection. Colorwise it's a soft pretty pink; not really dark, but not super light either. It's def a barbie-ish color. Finish is matte so the staying power is great. Make sure to wear a balm underneath though and to give it extra oomph finish with a gloss.