August 20, 2014 | 2148 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - Liquid Eyeliner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 3:42:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this long-lasting liquid eyeliner in the dark green, dark grey, black glitter (really more of a sparkle and no real glitter in it), blue, copper and plum. I don't know if I got some bad batches, but a few of the colors really seemed to start clumping in the tube very quickly after opening (in about 1 month) - while others seemed to hold up well in the tube for a couple months. When they don't clump, the colors are very nice and go on smoothly (I like the thickness and point of the built-in brush). While they really don't hold up for a full 8-10 hours of wear (start to flake/chip off after maybe 5-6 hours), for the price you are paying, it's not a bad liquid eyeliner and Sephora makes this in a wide range of colors.

Also purchased the Sephora liquid eyeliner in Silver Glitter. This formula is packaged differently - larger, mascara sized tube and the brush is completely different. The cost for this tube is about $2 more than Sephora's other liquid eyeliner that comes in a smaller jar, but there seems to be more product. The Silver Glitter eyeliner goes on very, very sheer - almost too sheer - took about 3 coats to get the glitter to show up at all. But once it does show, it looks nice - if a bit subtle. If you want dramatic glitter eyeliner, this is not the product for you. I also did not like the brush that comes in this tube. It's very thin and flimsy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2009 1:56:00 AM More reviews by brandsjunkie

this is one of the first liquid liners i used. i bought the one in black. it didn't stay on my eye very well as it seemed to kind of chip of during the day. the biggest issue i have with this product is that it burns my eyes and my eyes get red. i've used this product a few months ago and it stung. i tried it again today, same result. my eyes are probably just really sensitive but this product shouldn't burn. not worth your money, really.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by alwayzbeyourboo

This was my first black liquid liner. Sadly, it'll be my last sephora brand liquid liner. Once I tried others (ie. Loreal Lineur Intense which is great), this one seemed so crappy. A liquid liner that doesn't smudge. What a concept! Forgive the sarcasm but yea, sephora's doesn't last long, application is very difficult with its very thin brush, and it smudges soooo easily. On the plus side, it was a good starting liner for me but only b/c i had a gift certificate. But not worth my own money.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by face_on

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this from Sephora in brown. I used it twice, and both times my eyelids burned and became reddened. I wear contacts and have sensitive skin issues, so I assume it's something irritating in the formula. Back to Sephora this goes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by mandycool01

i bought this in the dark grey color to try an alternative to black. it wasnt dark enough for me, but it applied well and lasted all day. i would buy again to try the other colors. for ten dollars its inbetween d/s and h/e, but there are lots of colors, and the applicator is a very thin brush, but it was easy to use! i recommend!

UPDATE: I realized like many others than it does burn sometimes where you apply it, but i dont wear this often so its ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by raindropz

Wow, I must say I'm very surprised at some of the mediocre ratings below. We're talking about the Long-Lasting one, yeah? I adore this product and have repurchased twice already. It is cheap ($10) and has a very skinny brush which is great for precision application! I use the black one.

I have tried maybe 3-4 different liquid eyeliners, and have always used once and chucked b/c the brush was too thick and the formula too gloopy. Regular pencil liners don't work well for me either b/c they're hardly a smooth application and they always crease and look messy (the make-up forever one is the best I've tried and even that is only decent compared to this item). All in all, this is the only one that works well for me. It dries quickly b/c you don't put on too much, and stays on all day (and i tend to have oily lids!).

UPDATE: I had given this a 5 previously, but am taking 1 lippie off. I agree w/ some of the others....if I use this product consecutively for say a week, I'd have a burning sensation on my lids - perhaps it's a bit harsh. Now that I use it 2-3 times a week, I have no problems. Still love it though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by charmressa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just purchased this product last night (Crystal White or something like that). I guess I was fooled. I applied it a few minutes ago and it looks like its cracking all over the place, plus my eyes feel droopy and heavy. Its going back to the store for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a liquid e/l with a verrrry skinny brush. What I like to do is line the top lid, wait for it to dry for about 2 minutes then go over it a little bit with a small e/l brush or angle brush and it helps smudge a little and correct mistakes. Liquid liner like this, with a brush so small is unforgiving. But the color is very pure, its BLACK and it doesn't fade / flake / smudge or stink. I would repurchase.

** this did not burn me at all. Below is my review for the color Copper.

This is a liquid e/l with a very diffrent brush than the black. Its thicker, its pointed at the end, easy to use. This is a great color, its long lasting, does not flake / smudge or stink. I would repurchase this also.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dried out really fast - the little container barely lasted at all, and really gunked up badly. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by PnmnianPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised so many people liked this. I was really excited by how black it came out, but it comes off so easily. Way too easily. Even drugstore eyeliners that weren't advertised as waterproof lasted longer than this. I put it through my ultimate test last night and wore it to a nightclub, but within an hour it was ALL OVER my face. I looked like a heroin addicted raccoon. But at least it's crappy staying power came in handy as I wiped it all off. If you're gonna spend $10 on an eyeliner just go for HIP's cream liner. It lasts way longer. I've gone out dancing in that eyeliner and woken up in the morning with it looking the same way it did the night before. Trust me, way better products out there.