E.L.F. Clarifying Pressed Powder

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Kaolin, Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Titanium Dioxide, Cyclomethicone, Zinc Stearate, Petrolatum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance(Aroma), Iron Oxides (CI 77491 , CI 77492 , CI 77499), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarines (CI 77007) 9/2/09

on 6/3/2010 1:52:00 AM

I love this powder! I love the super smooth finish it gives my skin, and I was surprised that it actually has a bit of coverage. I bought it in light beige and it is a tad dark but works for me in the summer. I hasn't helped reduce the blemishes on my face, but I don't think it has made them worse either. I like this better than the studio line pressed powder too (but will buy that one as well b/c the porcelain shade matches me better). I will definitely repurchase this product.

on 5/23/2010 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I have this in honey and light beige. Holy E.L.F! this is only $1. Honey is the perfect match for skintone which is quite rare. I got the light beige for winter. I got this at target. elf cosmetics is only at some target stores.

on 4/30/2010 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok, gotta make a comment on some reviews here first. It's not false advertising that they say it is clarifying. This powder has zinc in it, which is known to help treat acne and control oil. The mineral oil is what makes the powder feel so silky and smooth when you apply it. Mineral oil by itself in small amounts is not going to break most people out. It's non-comedogenic. It's one of the natural oils that is capable of restoring wood. The idea that oil makes you break out is a MYTH perpetuated by the skin care companies. Your skin needs oil. Oil is part of what protects it.

Ok, on to my review. I really like this powder. It's light, smooth, and mattifies very naturally, although those who like a super matte look may be disappointed. I haven't had any issues with it breaking me out so far and I don't use any acne products (or cleansers even for that matter). I have very sensitive skin and this powder has done a lot better on not irritating it than most have. I also love how well the Apricot Beige shade blends in with my light olive skin tone. The powder puff is crap - I may use it on the go to touch up but for the main application I use a horse hair powder brush. I also wish the compact came with a built in mirror, but then E.L.F. probably wouldn't sell as many of their stand alone compact mirrors. ;)

Overall this is a very nice, basic face powder. I would recommend it for normal to dry skin and sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

An okay pressed powder.
It oxidizes on the skin like crazy though, and leaves you orange.

on 4/18/2010 10:30:00 PM

this stuff is orange

on 4/17/2010 8:59:00 PM

This is my least favorite elf product! I bought in the lightest color and it makes me look orange and cakey even when applied very sparingly...even though it was just a buck i wish i never bought it!

on 4/9/2010 3:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

An okay powder, I was actually pleasantly surprised by this. For the price I expected less, but this isn't prone to caking more than other "common" powders (like from Maybelline or something), keeps my face matte for around four hours (which is not super, but hey, I'm pretty oily). I got it in "light beige", which is too dark any orangey for me - I will repurchase this, but in "Ivory", which I believe is the lightest color available.
The packaging is cheap though, but hey, what can you expect for that money? You just have to be really careful with it.

on 3/25/2010 8:22:00 PM

Admittedly I'm pretty pale, but even the lightest shade was waaaay too dark and orange. I sometimes use it as eyeshadow, though. I'd consider buying it again (to keep in my purse for touchups) if they had a true-pale color.

on 3/8/2010 5:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'm quite pleased with this brand so far. I have this in Light Beige shade, which is an almost exact shade match for me. I wear mineral makeup but late in the afternoon, my face gets shiny, oily and not so cute. This is a wonderful touch up powder, that controls shine, but still somehow manages to let your skin have a glow, instead of looking masky. I don't know about the "clarifying" benefits but I will see if it helps in that regard. So far I'm happy with this powder, compact is dinky and cheap looking, but at least it's small and can fit in your pocket easily!

on 1/28/2010 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This pressed powder is ok. Not the best i had used, but you can't blame it for it's price. Very affordable.
My skin reacts to it every time i try to put it on. I wont be getting this now more. As far as the oil control goes, it very good. It eliminates shine right away, but ti also fades away fast. I think the formula for this powder is too thin or something. It's goes on light, but fades quickly away, maybe last 1 to 3 hours depending if you are moving around or not. I have very oily skin so it didn't work too great with my skins.