July 24, 2014 | 1891 users online

Pressed Powders - E.L.F. - Clarifying Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by funkameleon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The packaging is totally cheap, but I LOVE THIS POWDER!!! I have several back-ups in my makeup kit. This is one of the few powders I have found that doesn't give me a "powdery" look. It also covers very well and evens out redness in my cheeks. I use Tone 1 and it works wonders on my skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2009 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

I've noticed that ELF recently added more color options for this particular product. I'm quite fair and the Tone 1 (now simply called "apricot beige") was too dark for me. There are now 3 more options, one being ivory. It's finally light enough for me. This product is certainly not the best powder out there but in a pinch it will do, and for a dollar it's not like you're losing out on a ton of money. I suggest that any fair skinned girls who tried Tone 1 initially and found it too dark might want to try purchasing one of the new color options and see if it suits their skin tone better. Also, apply it with a brush, not the puff it comes with - the color goes on yellowy/unnatural with the puff, but dusting it on with a brush works very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by bobbob616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because it was cheap for a foundation (R35 in South Africa, about US$4.6). I intended to use it as a contouring powder. I am a NC 25 and I use E.L.F. Tone 2 for contouring. It's actually quite good. It doesn't break me out and has staying power and completely easily blendable.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Cowansrus

I tried this product out for like a week in Tone 1 and 2. I am pretty tan so I thought it was kind of weird the colors were so dark. I wanted to give it enough of a chance before I wrote it off but it does look cakey and orange on my skin. I thought it didn't until I started checking my make up after a few hours of having it on or looking at pictures of myself where my face looks orange and the rest of me white. The packaging also sucks!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by mistyrioux

I am very fair and bought the "Tone 1" thinking it might be too pale. My concern was unfounded, as the shade that arrived is a very warm medium apricot.
The powder is packed hard, and looks grainy. It doesn't gather on the puff without a lot of pressure. When using a brush, most of the powder ended up on the edges of the pan, not the bristles.
Once on, it adds a definite orange cast. Put all over my face, I looked like a little girl playing with her mother's self tanner. If it was a browner tone, I'd suggest it could be used as a bronzer.
As it is, I generally only use powder on my t-zone, which is impossible with this product, as it looked like I had orange stripes on my face. I can't use it as an "emergency" powder, and I certainly wouldn't give this colour to a little girl to play with - she'd look ridiculous.
On the plus side, the price is right,and the packaging is cute and consistent with the brand's other products. It's not the most secure compact, but it's never popped open on me either.
As for the promised scent, I didn't really notice.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by retaildrone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This was a complete waste of a dollar. I'm not sure who at E.L.F. is in charge of colors, but I'd like to talk to them about what they think fair should look like. And this has the same orange problem that the concealers have. I think I used this twice before giving up, and after the second time the minuscule amount of makeup you get had started to break up.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by breakdancexcore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pressed powder is horrible! It doesn't look natural at all, so if you are going for that cheap look, this is a must buy! Very powdery and cakey, but doesn't offer much coverage...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by michex8

I use this to cover up my redness or use as a regular foundation. It's great, and it was cheap too.

The tone was perfect too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2009 4:05:00 AM More reviews by bisco

The tones are indeed off, when I got mine in the mail I thought "Is this really it?" it does have an orange tint to it, and like most the products it was a very small compact. When I applied it though, it actually blended in fairly well. And I'm Casper white. I don't use a lot though, for fear of the orange tint. Plus, my revlon color stay covers plenty.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by trilla14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my firsts powders

This is an ORANGE toned product.

It helps very well with oil control but matching colors is the difficult part
I bought the toffe color and it came out really orange (of course it was one of my first experiences using powder, I probably applied to much).

Acne-prone people should be careful when trying this product for I broke out a bit while using it thats why this would be an "emergency" product for me..