April 19, 2014 | 1784 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Rose Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2005 7:32:00 PM More reviews by sugarcanejane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do like the pretty flush that this gives my cheeks. What I like is that it gives a glow more than a glitter. For a powder that looks coarse, it blends like a dream. The color is pretty and gives my skin more pink than the pink shimmer brick.

What I don't like: the product pan seems like it could easily fall out of the compact. Also, the price! Good lord, why do they charge $35 for this tiny compact, and why do we shell out the money for it?!

But, a fool and her money are soon parted. At least I am a pretty, shimmering fool. ;)

B

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2005 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Butterlovey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this product, but the staying power doesn't justify the high price. It does give a beautiful rosy finish that isn't too shimmery or glittery, but it doesn't last long at all and you only get a small amount of product considering how much you pay.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2005 2:03:00 PM More reviews by mscolor

This looks so pretty in the compact!(it shld for 65 sgd!) it looks very shimmery in the compact but when u put it on ur face its just right! i love it especially on the cheeks bcos it does gives u a glow which shines in a metallic sorta of way(hard to describe :P)but u do have to put 2 to 3 layers to see the color on ur cheeks..great as a highlighter 2 but too bad its limited edition and the onli version here in sg- wld love to try e other colors 2!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2005 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ayce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the border with this one. BB's model made this look like a great flush on the cheeks. On my ggg nc40 skin it looks more of a light lavendar-rose shade while the rest of the reviewers noticed a rosey flush. I also found the shimmer to be too much and enlarged my pores. I love the individual shades but maybe i'll experiment with layering this over other blushes to see if i can get any use out of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 6:21:00 AM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful product! For some reason I have never been tempted by the shimmerbricks in the past--I generally don't like shimmer on my skin. But I tried this one on in moment of idle curiosity and couldn't believe the amazing rosy shimmery glow it gave to my cheeks (my skin is somewhere between light and fair). It's great for night time, I find it a bit too much for day use. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. Like the bronzer, I find it too large and too clunky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2005 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Sapphireangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I normally don't wear shimmer or even blush but a friend said "you have got to get this". I did and I am in love! It adds just the perfect amount of color and shimmer! I adore this little shimmerbrick. I not only bought one for myself, I bought one for my friend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2005 10:50:00 PM More reviews by annruggerio

This is the first Shimmerbrick I have gotten. It gives me, a NW15, a nice shimmery rosy flush. It doesn't give a lot of color, its more of a highlighter than a blush. While it's pretty and I am happy I have it, it's not a must-have. It costs $35 USD which is too expensive, but it is pretty on and in the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2005 3:28:00 PM More reviews by lmdavila

About Me:

Skin Color: FFF

Undertones: Olive

Dark brown eyes and hair

After trying the Pink Shimmerbick, which shows up on me as pure silver shimmer, I decided to give the Rose one a try and I'm so glad I did. This gives you the most gorgeous pink flush in your cheeks with a slight shimmer. This is definitely less shimmery than the pink one, which is good. You can use this by itself as a blush and highlighter in one. I can see myself reaching a lot for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2005 5:15:00 AM More reviews by pogeline

Hate to say it, but that one looks so awful on me, espacially on the eyes. A cheap glittery pink, that makes me in an instant
look like I stayed up all night in dubious places. A bit better on my cheeks, but here also the color is more piggy-pink than fresh and glowy. Im so disappointed, have to take it back. For reference: Brown hair, brown eyes, MAC C25

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2005 12:28:00 AM More reviews by LucyBelieves

I love this one! The rest did nothing for me but I love this one by itself or layered atop a cream or powder blush. The bronze made me look dirty and the pink didn't show up at all. This one is what I wanted the pink to be. Update: I took off 2 lippies as I have been seeing myself in different lighting and this stuff makes my pores look huge! The shimmer is just not flattering to my normal sized pores... continued >>