October 24, 2014 | 973 users online

Bronzers - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish - So Ceylon ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 9:38:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Just bought this yesterday and I wear it today: wow!

This powder can be used as a blush, a bronzer (or an highlighter if your skin is darker). I wear it as a bronzer today. I'm fair skinned with brown hair and this shade is very flattering. Looks a bit darker in the pan, but on my skin it gives just the right amount of color.

The texture is amazing: fine, silky, not cakey at all. You can layer it and it still doesn't look too thick. Easy to apply, blends beautifully.

On my skin, the shade looks bronze with a touch of pink. No fake orange tone, doesn't look too "1980's brown" either (you know, I'm suffering from a "psychose" with dark brown blush - my mother used to put an ugly brownish blush when I was young.. LOL). A bit shimmery but doesn't look un-natural on the skin. Gives a natural, healthy glowing finish.

I really enjoy So Ceylon!! Hurry up, you have to buy this LE powder before it's sold out! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:45:00 PM More reviews by dinl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this color - its very natural looking on my cheeks (NC30, LLL) without looking too bronzy. There isn't too much shimmer either, its just perfect. I think I might have to buy more before they are all sold out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2004 1:10:00 PM More reviews by bathaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Totally love this bronzer/highlighter
    This gives me the best bronzy shade without turning me Paris Hilton orange. It's very layerable and I love it as a shadow as well. It's pretty since instead of a golden or orangy tone, it has a reddish pink to it and silver veins of shimmer. I defenitly recomend this to everyone!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by dornachu

I love this product. I considered the lighter one first, i have med asian skin tone, and i was afraid it won't show on me. If you just look at the actual product, it looks quite scarily "brown", more like a bronzer, but it looked really nice on my skin tone. Quite sexy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by bizzymom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

whoa... this looked pretty scary upon initial inspection.. My fav MA was working,she always looks so totally amazing. She had used some of this to add definition to her already pretty face. But, the effect was startling. She tried some on me. I'm waaay older than she is (I'm 48) and thought that this would never look right on me. Wrong. I was able to see a brightness, not really as noticeable as a bronzer, not as dark as BE Warmth, but, a kinda warmed flush. (if that makes sense)
    I tried it again today, using the So Ceylon in the hollow of my cheeks. I put a teensy bit of BE Pure Radiance on the apples of my cheeks. The effect was surprisingly natural and gave me a kind of healthy "snow-bunny" look. This pot is huge, this will probably last me well into my 50's. I think it's LE (of course)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 11:27:00 AM More reviews by chouay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this as a bronzer on my NC30-35 skin and like the other mineralize skinfinishes it blends beautifully and goes on silky. So Ceylon is a red-tinged brown with some silver laced through it and looks great on darker skintones as a highlight or on lighter skintones as a bronzer or contour color. Lovely product! I hope MAC keeps coming out with mineralize products!