December 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk & Honey Body Lotion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2009 7:02:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I liked the lightweight texture of this lotion at first. But then I realized that it felt sticky on my skin after application. I also didn't find it very moisturizing. That's interesting because you would think 'milk&honey' should just do so, moisturize. The scent is another story. It's so weird. I know this is a product containing natural ingredients. So I don't expect them to add artificial fragrances to their products but the scent for me is unbearable. Hard to describe exactly but it sort of smells like rancid milk. Not good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Many days, I appreciate the scent of this product. Overall, this is a good lotion and I feel good about applying it to my skin. Not a miracle, nor does it claim to be... just a good reliable go-to lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kristina10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i use this everyday, smells the best and keeps legs very moisturized! will keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by melissav1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I think it does a great job moisturizing and makes my skin really soft. It's a little runny and sometimes the smell gets to me...When I use it I end up smelling like a box of Cocoa Puffs which is a little weird. Thankfully the smell wears off and isn't too strong during the day, I definitely wouldn't like it if I had to meet with clients smelling like a box of breakfast cereal. Anyways, it works great for me. I have really dry skin and when I get out of the shower I always have red splotches on my arm and they don't really go away until I use this lotion!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by crimsonkitty

It does makes my skin feels softer but, not moisturizing enough - making my skin feels dry on some areas(palms, etc). Product doesn't sink into the skin too making it feels alittle tacky until you shower off. Also, I do not like the smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by underether

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this lotion as a gift for christmas and wasn't too impressed with it initially...i generally like most of the Burt's Bees products, but this had a strange smell and didn't work too well as a moisturizer. But I followed the advice of the previous poster who used it as a hair treatment and found it really works! It smoothes out my hair and makes it soft and shiny and i don't even need to use any other hair products in it. Quite impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by anneh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like the scent of this lotion but once I bought it and used it, the smell just seemed overpowering. I've been "cutting" it with unscented CVS-brand moisturizer and that seems to help. As far as its consistency, it's a tad runny but seems to absorb well. As a matter of principle I can't purchase it full price - I wait until it goes on sale.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

As a body lotion, I would give this product a failing grade - it left a sticky-feeling film on my skin and didn't moisturize properly. HOWEVER, as a hair treatment, this stuff rocks. I use it in the same way as I would use Carol's Daughter Hair Milk - the consistency is similar, as are some of the ingredients. I apply a little bit to damp hair and let it air dry. It "depoofs" my wavy hair and gives definition. I also use it instead of gel to smooth down my hair when I put it up. It smells a lot better than CD's Hair Milk, is widely available in Canada, and best of all, is less than half the price. It's a staple.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2009 8:20:00 PM More reviews by drbuffdaddy

It sounded nice because I like to eat both milk and honey, but I can't really use it because it is gross. It smell bad... reminds me of spoiled milk. :( It is also kind of waxy. Not nice. I do not recommend this lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by Starla4807

Gah I almost forgot about this lotion. It smells so good!!! I have to order more. I fell in love with this but I was scared to wear it when it started attracting bees at the lake lol. Anyway it makes my skin soft and smells good enough to eat. *LOVE*