April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Shea Butter Hand Repair Creme

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I thought this was a really good, effective hand cream. I really like the texture. But I didnt like the smell and sometimes it was embarrassing to put it on, say in a car full of people cause of that. So its a good hand cream for when others aren't around!!! ahahaha. no but I love the feel of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by kittenheels911

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

yuck--smells awful! my friend said it smells like dirt. it reminds me of my freshman year of college when i was surrounded by patchouli wearing 2nd generation hippies, which is much of the reason i left that school after one year. no thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2005 6:10:00 PM More reviews by nikiloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Cute package. I actually like the herbal smell. Nice texture and really good for my frequently washed hands. Lovely stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2005 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Carissa848

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nice consistency, AWFUL smell :( I was really looking forward to this stuff and the smell is just rediculous! I had to wash my hands immediately to get it off. I wont be repurchasing ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Friskydude80

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good cream, The smell is horrid!
Gross stink

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

*sigh* I've tried to like Burt's skincare products, really I have, but everything is just so darn GREASY and this is no exception. I can't stand hand creams that don't absorb readily, and this one leaves hands slick and shiny for a good half hour. I don't think something needs to be quite so heavy and waxy in order to be effective; for example, St. Ives Intensive Healing Lotion is great on cracked, chapped hands but absorbs readily. Also, the smell of this cream is enough to bring up my last three meals. REALLY horrid, like stale roses mixed with Lysol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 1:44:00 AM More reviews by elfriede

This was as effective as Lotil (the most effective dry skin lotion I've tried) on my dry hands and feet--baby-soft skin and improved cuticles as well--but in spite of it being much cheaper than Lotil I won't repurchase. I didn't mind that it's greasy when applied, since I used it at night. The greasiness was gone by morning. But the scent! The lavender and neroli (orange blossom) oils seem to clash horribly, creating a medicinal and at the same time sweet-floral scent, like an institutional disinfectant. Fades a lot in an hour or two, but still I wouldn't use this unless I lived alone and was really on a budget.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a part of the Healthy Hands kit. It's pretty moisturizing, which I like, but...the smell is a little weird. I can tolerate it, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2005 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AmyFehr157

This is a great hand cream! I am an obsessive-compulsive hand-washer, which makes my hands extremely dry, chapped, and even cracked in places. Because of the severe chapped and cracked skin, I really can't use any moisturizers to help because they all burn like crazy on my raw skin! This is the only cream I have found that doesn't burn at all and actually moisturizes my overly dry, chapped skin so well that it won't crack the whole next day! Yes, it smells awful, but I put it on at night and fall asleep so it doesn't bother me too much, and it is completely worth it since it moisturizes so well and doesn't burn my raw hands! If this cream can make my hands look decent, it has to be amazing! UPDATE: I've started using the Burt's Bees Marshmallow Vanishing Cream on my chapped hands and it might actually be even better than this! It smells wonderful, absorbs right away (no greasy feeling), heals my raw hands well, and doesn't burn, either! It's expensive, but worth a try on dry, chapped, raw hands.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2005 6:29:00 PM More reviews by MsDaphne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Dear lord, this smells! It starts out not so bad and kind of herbally, but then two seconds later it emits this scent of wet rotting roses with a metallic edge. I had to wash this off right after i applied it - you'd think with all the natural fragrance oils available, Burt's would find some way of making this smell halfway decent.