April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Beeswax Lip Balm

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Hadew1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

While the thick, waxy formula lasts a long time on lips and makes them very soft, I can't stand the flavor. It smells strongly of flowers and honey. Honey, no problem... but the odd floral scent? I don't want ANY scent that strong--much less a generic floral one--right underneath my nose all day. It tastes like the smell of a funeral parlor. Would it have killed them to leave this otherwise-great product unscented?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by londonhenry

I've been using this for years. I love the menthol's cooling sensation. My lips are healed within a day. Although it doesn't moisturize them.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:41:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

Although I do like some Burt's Bees products (like the cuticle butter) I can't say that I'm a huge fan of this one. The scent was nice and the packaging is pretty standard but I felt the formula was too waxy and that it sat on my lips rather than penetrated them.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by rinalovesramen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip balm! I love the minty tingly feeling it leaves on my lips. I top it with the Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm to give it a bit of a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

I admit it. I am a lip balm junkie. I cannot live without one and I use it several times a day. I have tried a ridiculous amount of lip balms and this one might be the best of the lot. Unfortunatly, most people don't think about lip care until they have dry, cracked lips. Whether you are using this to soothe dry and cracked lips, or using it to keep lips soft and prevent them from getting dry- this product is a godsend! Before I started using Burts Bees, I was using Blistex Medicated. I liked the medicinal feel of the Blistex. However, I was always have to reappy it, and it really didn't make my lips feel healthy. The Burt's Bees lip balm is wonderful. It doesn't have a medicinal feel. Instead, it is soothing, provides the necessary moisture needed, without being greasy and makes my lips feel healthier. I absolutley love the tingling sensation caused by the peppermint oil (And to those who dont like peppermint- stay away).

A tip for those who have the Burts Bees lip balm in the little round tin (and really ALL chapsticks for that matter): Do not leave them in a hot car. Not only will it melt the product into a disgusting mess, the tin containers top and bottom mold together and it can be VERY hard to seperate them. I have both the balms in the tin and a regular tube, and I dont have a preferance. They both work wonderful!

One more thing I love about Burts Bees balm, is that they have come out with the tinted lip balms with color. I LOVE THESE! They do just as good of a job taking care of your lips, they just add a tad of color. This is wonderful, because if your lips are dry and chapped- putting lipstick on top just adds to the problem, and looks unflattering. So the fact that they add the color to this balm is such a good idea. I have a few different colors, and they work well for both keeping my lips healthy while adding a splash of color.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

I have very dry lips and have probably tried every single lip balm on the market, and after finding Burt I have found the dry lip cure. This lip balm is (in my opinion) the best formula in the Burt's line, as it is the most moisturizing, longest wear -- and I love the tingling effect. No other lips balms come close to being as effective as this one is.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkieneedsherfix

I have been using Burt's since way before it was popular, when it only came in the metal tins and you could only find it at healthfood stores! It is a classic for a reason, because it works well! Nice scent. Thankfully, comes in a stick now so I do not have to struggle with opening the tin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too bad this didn't last as long as Chapstick. That tingling sensation and peppermint flavor on lips will certainly stimulate you early in the morning. I'll go back to Chapstick- lasts longer and cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by BeatriceBordeaux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite lip balm! Makes my lips super soft and it takes delicious too :) ! Yum yum yum, Burt's Bees rules!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by mylosttwin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Am I the only one that has a slow healing rash after using it? It took me a while to realize that my painful, itchy, red, scaly skin on my lips are caused by this lip balm. I never had any problem before even with those full-of-chemical products (like nivea balms), but my lips hate this product somehow.