April 17, 2014 | 896 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by angour

Well, in my case it is not that "gentle" as it does sting the skin a bit, but it is quite effective in removing makeup from my eyes. The smell is ok, but not the best... the bottle packaging is ok... not sure if I would buy it again though

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rk14889

This particular product from The Body Shop has served me well over the years. It's reasonably effective in removing eye makeup including waterproof/smudge-proof/long-wearing eye products and leaves a somewhat soothing sensation after every usage. When any residue does get into my eyes, I find that it does not cause irritation.
However, I have experienced a mild burning sensation on rare accounts - I take it that my skin was extra-sensitive at the time. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend that you give this product a try before purchasing it.
Overall, I would consider this Body Shop product to be a staple in my beauty regime.

*UPDATE: I no longer classify this as a must-have since discovering a better substitution that is olive oil.

---

For reference, I'm NC35-41 in MAC and Warm Natural (4.5) in Bobbi Brown. I have dry-sensitive skin during the cooler months and a combination of normal to oily skin during the warmer months. My skin suffers from hormonal acne on a regular basis, as well as eczema on occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by each

I purchased this during a sale whereby they got this in travel sized (60ml) & its 5 for S$10.00

As a eye make up remover, its really stings & doesnt get the my max factor mascara
BUT it removes my two way powder pretty well & its non oily. so i', using it as a normal makeup remover instead of eye makeup remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes it did remove makeup well but it stung my eyes a little. Its cheap and in a big bottle but I wont be repurchasing, I've found better alternatives already. Simple, Nivea and L'oreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by eggiechan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this for $7 on sale from the website, so for $7 I think it is actually worth it - maybe not for the $14 it is normally.

It works pretty well without leaving the usual greasy sheen. It removes makeup surprisingly well for not being a biphasic remover and it doesn't sting the eyes at all. Unfortunately it isn't as good at removing waterproof eye makeup, as others have mentioned. I may end up switching to this makeup remover completely, as they no longer make my HG makeup remover, Ponds Bare & Repair, and they don't make the L'Oreal biphasic remover in the States. Definitely works much better than the Neutrogena biphasic or L'Oreal gentle eye makeup removers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by koolchic101

overall, this is an ok eye makeup remover. i like the fact that it is non-oily; however, it is not very good at taking off the eye makeup. i have to use many q-tips to take off my makeup completely. it's annoying when you're in a hurry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Kittemans

I really like this stuff! I used to use a make-up remover from loreal. It really hurt my eye and i would still have mascara underneath my eye in the morning! But this product dousn't sting and gets al of my mascara off. I'm def. gonna buy this again!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BothCoasts

After a recent liquid eyeliner debaucle (Wet N Wild WP liquid eyeliner), I didn't know which product to blame, so I'm blaming both the eyeliner AND the remover, which was this one. Basically, I put the eyeliner on Friday and after using this stuff dutifully, I was STILL getting flake-off on the following TUESDAY. I was caught off guard without my regular remover (Lancome Bi-Facil) and this dinky stuff was about as useful as my own spit.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by theburlesqueshow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really cool- It's not oily, it's very gentle on my super sensitive skin, and it really does take off my eyemake-up remover, simple as that.. It even took off my liquid liner and many coats of mascara.

I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin like mine and those who don't want an oil-based make-up remover.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2008 1:25:00 PM More reviews by QueenofEagles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The product is a good one yet it really stings. I never had a problem before but I really do not look forward to take off my makeup with this product. I need to look for something else when it finishes.