The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 10/29/2009 5:55:00 AM

I used this years ago, but it stung my eyes and I didn't like it and wouldn't buy this product again. It's expensive and you can get something much better and less costly from the DS. There are somethings from the Body Shop I really love: like their body butters, or lip balm. This isn't one of their star products at all.

on 10/27/2009 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I looooove this remover. It gets EVERYTHING off, and it doesn't even burn, even though my eyes are sensitive and I wear contacts. It doesn't even leave an oily residue like some other eye makeup removers. You should definitely try it!

on 10/9/2009 1:50:00 PM

I've used this product only twice, but I already feel I need to rave about it. I normally use the Target brand Neutrogena knock-off remover, which works very well, but leaves an oily feeling residue. This remover from the Body Shop, is absolutely amazing. Extremely gentle, yet powerful. Totally removed all my waterproof eye liner and mascara without any effort. My eyes felt "clean" but not dry. I couldn't believe it.
Once in a while you stumble upon a product that just works 100% for you - and this is it. Unfortunately, this product is not cheap. It's $14.50 in the stores. Is it worth it? Right now, I'd have to say YES! Packaging? Eh, not so pretty. It's a white plastic bottle with a lot of print on it. Hard to tell how much you have left. Guess I'll have to stock up!

UPDATE - I recently switched to Lash Blast Waterproof mascara and this product has a really hard time removing it. After much effort in trying to get the mascara off, I still end up with raccoon eyes when I wash my face afterward.
The remover works great with other mascaras (like my old favorite - L'Oreal Voluminous), but just doesn't work with the Lash Blast.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product stings my eyes and peeled my skin. I am easily sensitive to facial products. Unfortunity this one is not as gentle as it mentioned.

on 10/4/2009 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This remover does sting/burn my eyes a little so i do have to be careful. The consistency really is like water with a slightly herbal scent. I usually put 4 drops onto a cotton pad and hold it to my eye for 5 seconds. After that i gently swipe it across my eye twice and it removes everything. It also removes waterproof makeup eg. mascara very well, still looking for a remover that doesn't sting

on 10/4/2009 12:52:00 AM

I love love love this stuff. Like someone else mentioned, it's like water. And I don't feel like I have to wipe my eyes down several times, or saturate the eye make up before wiping it off. I thought I'd lost mine and I bought some covergirl remover that was on sale, and there is no comparison between the two. Thank goodness I ended up finding it again.

on 10/3/2009 5:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been using this product for a while, a few years now. It stings my eyes, and it is not as gentle as it says on the bottle. I usually apply some on a q tip and end up rubbing that around my eyes to get my eyeliner off. I would not purchase this again. Im trying finish all my make up removers so I can just start using olive oil.

on 9/16/2009 9:39:00 AM

I've used this make up remover for 12 years - the only thing that has stayed in my cupboard for longer than about six months. It's like removing make up with water, except that it works. Has never stung my eyes and have found it to be the best out there!

on 9/6/2009 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I hate this product! It's not worth its price honestly. It stings my eyes big time! It doesn't do its job in removing eye liner and mascara. No matter how hard I try to remove my eye makeup using this product, I'd still wake up with mascara streaks under my eyes. I used it only twice or thrice and I swear I will never use it again. I'm so disappointed with this product especially this is from the body shop. I thought they make really good natural products that do work

This is the worst eye make-up remover I've ever used. I've been having horrible weepy, burning, itchy eyes all of the time. I recently purchased Neal's Yard Remedies Chamomile Cream make-up remover and the problem immediately stopped. This product was causing an allergic reaction. Glad to remedy that, how annoying. This product is filled with parabens.