April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 12:46:00 AM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

i think this stinks. i expected more of a honey scent, but it's incredibly overpowering, musty jasmine. yuck. it doesn't make me smell clean at all. i don't wanna toss it because it's LUSH...but ugh, not a good product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2007 10:47:00 PM More reviews by yossarian

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got an extremely generous sample of this one. Sounded delicious. Jasmine, honey, ylang ylang etc. are all such lovely scents and I love the idea of a scent with natural fragrance oils in it. Smelled extremely strong in the package but I figured it wouldn't linger too much after the shower. It did. Almost 12 hours after my shower I saw my boyfriend and he politely told me that he was going to be sick, it was so strong. He's never said anything even close in the past. Enough said. Tossed the rest. I will never use this again. Extremely cloying. Had to wash my sweater to get the scent out.

Ingredients: Honey (Mel), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarossa Oil (Cymbopogan martini), Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by PT811

My only HG shower gel I have ever used. Head jasmine scent is amazing. Cleans without stripping and leaves you baby soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by verbivorous

based on rave reviews of flying fox, i expected to be blown away by the jasmine scent. i really wasn't however. flying fox smells sweet and a little jasminey. it was O.K. in my book. but my mom and sister kept complaining that i smelled like "a grandma," like "mothballs" and hid it from me.
i don't really mind since i wasn't crazy about the scent either.
the flying fox shampoo is way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 1:24:00 PM More reviews by schpahky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You'd better love jasmine if you're trying Flying Fox. Delicious, non-cloying, real jasmine scent that lasts and lasts. It has loads of honey in it, too, and makes my skin wonderfully soft. Sometimes the honey settles out, so just shake the bottle to mix it together. This shower gel never fails to lift my mood, and the bathroom smells fantastic after my shower. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2007 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Poppylovee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used to be obsessed with this shower gel. I would use it to form great amounts of bubbles in a hot bath, I would use it to wash my body, and I would use it to wash my hair- everyday. I still love it, but I now use a seperate shampoo and conditioner for my hair and I have over the past year since I have taken a break from it, I have gotten to try other shower gels and body washes. This still remains one of my all time favorites. The scent is love it or hate it, IMO, because it's quite a unique, strong scent. If you use this to wash your hair, the scent lingers quite nicely (people would always tell me "mmm your hair smells so good"). It's a gorgeous jasmine fragrance (smells exactly like the Youki-Hi bath bomb to me) and I can even smell the hints of honey in the scent. When I use it to wash my body it leaves my skin baby soft. I've gone through about 10 bottles of this amazing stuff, and will probably purchase more again when I decide to go back to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by ichorous

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a mini bottle of this in the Honey present I received for my birthday.
Now, the best way to describe this scent would be "foul". Overpowering jasmine, smoke(!), and something else vaguely rancid all in a watery, slimey and expensive conoction. The scent lingers for ages and ages (through the day and night and the following day...)
It is long lasting though, and lathers well. For those who like the scent it's certainly a winner. To me it smells like a whore. (sorry!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 9:27:00 PM More reviews by opie1

Jasmine heaven. The quickie version of youki-hi. You can't smell this in the store and know it. But in a hot shower it turns to magic. MMMmmm. If you like jasmine you need this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Sakuru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this shower gel. First of all the honey and then the jasmine and ylang ylang all dancing around in your shower. A little of this shower gel goes a long way. You just put the tiniest amount on your poof and get loads of suds. The scent remains all day long on my shower puff and every time I go into the bathroom I get whiffs of the lingering scent.

On my body it doesn't strip moisture and I feel so luxurious using it. The shower gel also doubles as a terrific shampoo. The honey in it is really good on your hair and it does not dry it out. I found when I shampoo with this the scent lingers in my hair all day.

Now if I can get them to make perfume like this shower gel! I would think I died and went to heaven.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 2:03:00 AM More reviews by lidiya6

LOVE this scent. I have not been a jasmine fan in the past, but really liked this. The scent stays pretty well on my skin, I can smell it faintly all day. The cap is a bit hard to open. You don't need a lot so it is a good value.