April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a try when I was able to get it on sale...
I think it's OK, but I don't understand all the hype. Granted, maybe my expectations have been built up due to all the raves I've heard about this, but I like my NYX primer (in white) much better & it's a fraction of the cost of this & it also makes a significant difference in the intensity of my eye shadows.

ETA: I discovered a way to make this more useful to me...
I have found that this is good to use under my eyes with a dusting of powder over it prior to applying my eyeliner. This helps set my eyeliner, as well as keeping some (but not all) mascaras from smudging.
Still don't think I'd buy it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by featherslikeanchors

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is maybe the only product I will fork out twenty bucks for. I have tried other primers and they do not compare to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have oily eyelids and this does not keep my eye shadows on for very long unfortunately. I also have the one in the old packaging, so it all got stuck at the bottom, so i'm glad they changed the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 More reviews by Carrie525

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got my hand on one of the small samples. This product disappears on my skin, which I like. I did notice it made my shadows more vibrant and longer lasting.

Cons: the bottle, but I believe this now comes in a tube form. Also I think the product dried up before I really used it all. This issue might not be a problem in the new tubes, but I wasn't a fan of the applicator method bottle. Because who knows? Maybe there just wasn't very much product in there? It's impossible to judge.

I already purchased Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin. I might buy this one again as well since the majority of my eyeshadows are UD.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hate,hate,hate this SO much...it encouraged creasing,looked cakey on my lids...AND its 25 dollars...i am gonna stick to the MAC paint pots....i have seen way better results from drugstore primers and my $1 ELF concealer stick!!!! MAC's paint pots are WAY better!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by sekoia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried many primers but so far this has been the one I go back to and lasts forever. Other than UDPP, I've tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance which to me was pretty decent but it always separated in the tube (ended up squeezing out this oily substance at times) so I went back to using UDPP. I've had my current full size tube for about 2 years or so and it isn't until now that I'm running out.

This primer keeps my oily eye lids from creasing all of my eye makeup. Great blendable consistency but make sure to blend this well or once it dries, you may be left with a white edge around your eyes. I use this just about everyday. I even use it when I'm not wearing eye makeup because my lids can become so oily that the oil gets into my eyes and irritates the hell out of it. A little goes a long way so this is well worth the price that it's at if you use it on a consistent basis. I'm thinking of trying out the anti wrinkle one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sabrinashriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought on a UD sale and paid $20 for the professional sized one. I love wearing bright eye shadows w/neutrals. This makes them last soo much longer than without. I was skeptical as the regular sized one sells normally for $20 and it seems a bit much. I tried NYX version of this, but it doesn't make shadows last as long as this one does. A must have for anyone that likes bright eye shadow colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Allthatglittersssx

I bought this product 4 years ago and I have NEVER ever worn eyeshadow without it! I absolutely swear by this eyeshadow primer. It really does work and does not let any eyeshadow crease! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works pretty well. It has a smooth application, dries to a satiny finish, and has basically no color on me, which is good -- HOWEVER from the very start, almost nothing would come out on the doe-foot applicator. And the tube is opaque so you can't even see what's in there -- which, I suspect, is barely anything at all. Sorry, but the quantity is not worth the price tag. You probably get more La Mer cream per dollar than this stuff but La Mer is so expensive

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by KeIIsBells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this product for close to 3 years. It was great for the first couple years. Don't know about happened recently. With this product my eyeshadow started to crease like crazy! I don't know if it was the squeeze bottle and age (maybe the oil in the squeeze tube was separating for some reason?). It was very odd.

I will not repurchase this. Ain't no college kid got time for creasing eyeshadow.