Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/29/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried a lot of different eye primers, but this one is the best so far. I usually have oily lids and i do have combination/sensitive skin and this works for me. I always use a lot of eye liner and it tends to smudge all over the place. But whenever i use this product, it never fails me, unless i rub my eyes accidentally of course :)

on 12/25/2014 9:24:00 PM

I love it. A lot of beauty people recommend it to other people. I will say it does cost a lot of money. But just think it would be or will be worth it wen you get it and try it. But I know I said I love this product. But I would not go out and buy it right away if I ran out. But I would if i had the money. So yes/no

on 12/19/2014 4:47:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

Love this primer, it keeps my eye makeup staying in place all night.

on 12/14/2014 9:21:00 PM

I really love this stuff, I think I am going to go back to it after I run out of all of my current eye primers. I wore this for a night club outing one time (atmosphere is hot, sweaty, etc.) I went to bed that night and woke up the next morning with my makeup still intact on my eyes. I couldn't believe it, lol. I was also really glad when they re-vamped the packaging as the old bottle with the sponge brush made it impossible to get any of the left over product out.

on 12/14/2014 1:48:00 PM

I am not impressed my eye shadow does not last any longer when I use this product. I will not buy again.

on 12/12/2014 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've yet to find anything better.

I've tried BE's primer, NARS's primer, Two Face Shadow Insurance and MAC Paint Pots. So far UDPP beats them all. Makes my shadows laster longer and look better. Has a good texture and is easy to work with. Doesn't muck up the e/s texture (at least not moreso than any others I've tried).

on 12/11/2014 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have dehydrated-dry double-eyelids that are extremely prone to flaking. I haven't ever experienced creasing, and my main concern with an eye primer is that it helps eyeshadows achieve their maximum potential (vibrant color, prominent shimmer or glitter) and prevents fading.

I find UDPP is a bit too thin to hold onto glitter and I need an additional base for more than a few glitter particles to show up. It does okay with making the colors vibrant and prevents fading so I would consider this an average option for me. It is easier to work with than ELF's cheapest eyelid primer (which goes on thinner and needs more time to become tacky) but I find it on par performance-wise for me.

Overall, this isn't a bad eye primer and it's a reasonably priced mid-range option, but I would look into others first.

on 12/10/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

1 bottle lasts me a very long time, I wear eye-shadow almost everyday. A little goes along way.

It used to be my go to primer, but I don't know if somehow formula changed it isn't so great anymore. I preferred my first bought in hard bottle. The soft Tube which is supposed to also be Original isn't the same. The old kept my eye-shadow looking pristine despite hours of snorkeling in Hawaii. The soft tube one barely last a few hours w/o creasing, but it's not terrible, just ok.

I will not repurchase and have moved on to the MAC Long Wear Painterly Paint pot which also doubles as a base color, and last all day and a party night long.

Compared to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I don't see the difference it makes at all. Just your average primer, nothing special. I'd say it's overrated. Nevertheless, I'd buy this again because it is pretty decent.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've been using NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow base for the past year and it does an OK job but its not my HG....I'm just hoping to hurry up and use it up so I can crack open the full-size UD Primer Potion. I was using this two years ago but had to take a break from it because it started to dry out my lids (I later learned I just needed to apply a little eye cream on my top lid). What I do know is that this stuff does keep you crease free and it gives your lid a nice smooth canvas in which to apply color. It definitely helps a lil in keeping the vibrancy of your eye color intact as well (I found that NARS kinda dulls your eye color just a little bit). I'm so glad that I decided to go ahead and pick up a fresh tube of this since I've been trying out more complex eye looks. This is definitely a worthy buy.

Video Reviews & Tutorials