October 30, 2014 | 1707 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Elyse

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked the packaging and found a shade that matched my skin really well. I also liked the texture a lot when I tried it on my hand, not too greasy for my oily skin, but not powdery and still blendable. However this turned my face REALLY greasy in about an hour! and the smell was very strong, not nasty but not pleasant either. I don't know if they have reformulated this, I tried it about 2-3 years ago when shiseido's "the makeup" line first came out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2004 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am a PPP with combo skin and this is my HG foundation stick. Very light ivory is a perfect match. As others have said, this isn't for concealing. This is much better suited for enhancing your own skin. I can get med-full coverage by adding "layers" and blending very well. No matter how much I add, it stays looking natural(if you blend it well)... which seems impossible. Once you have added your desired coverage and blended it completely, let the the makeup set a few minutes to a flawless look. I couldn't use this as a concealer, it would crease too easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Mystikal

On a whim, I stopped by the Shiseido counter and bought this, not having any idea if it was worth my money or not (this was Before-MUA). Lucky for me, I fell in love with this product. I don't know how it does it, but this foundation neutralizes all the redness and uneven skin tone, yet it doesn't coat my face with a thick layer of makeup. It's so sheer and yet it does so much! My face doesn't dry out or turn into an oily mess by end's day, it looks just as perfectly natural and lovely as it did in the morning. I don't think I can rave enough about this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2003 4:54:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best stick foundation I've used so far. There are so many things that appeal to me: It has some of the highest sunscreen properties I've seen in a makeup; the lightest shade (Very Light Ivory) is such a perfect match that I can't tell I'm wearing makeup; and it has unmatched softening and hydrating properties. It gives my skin a wonderfully rosy candlelight glow. It's not for oily skin or people who want to conceal blemishes; it's more for enhancing the complexion on a "good face day" and for smoothing and evening out skin texture. Plus, it makes for a fantastic sunscreen. I think it also works as a primer base for other foundations, since it's so buildable, from very sheer to medium. I don't mind paying $32 for this, since it works as a foundation, a moisturizer, a brightener, and a sunscreen in one -- plus, I have yet to find a better color match for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2003 8:24:00 PM More reviews by elsiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I am a GGG and the natural dark ochre shade is an exact match to my tan. Plus it does not turn orange like so many other brand names I have tried over the years! If you are Asian GGG like me, you can't go wrong with this Shiseido shade! Other European/American brands will tend to be too pink, peachy or, horrors! ORANGE! BTW I have also tried this colour in Shiseido's other formulations over the years - liquid, cream & powder but I still prefer the stick because it is quick & easy to apply and gives a dewy glow to my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2003 5:30:00 AM More reviews by cstg

I have been using Shiseido foundation products for over 10 years. I love them. They offer moisture and nutrients in the form of Macadamia Nut Oil, which is wonderful. I used to use B4 Carnation ... but it really is too pink toned. I now use I4 or I40 Ivory... Anyhow I recommend it highly. The stick is very convenient for travel when I am flying on business or leisure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite stick foundation, and one of the only (maybe the only) foundations I've ever repurchased. I have this in Natural Light Ivory, and it works perfectly with my fair skin. I often use it as a concealer, or as an eyeshadow primer. Blends very well, and I like it much much better than the Bobbi Brown stick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 8:16:00 PM More reviews by maryam

this would be great for combo/dry skin, especially in the wintertime; maybe because i tried it in summer i didn't like it as mush as i thouught i would... this slid right of my face. it felt greasy and there are only like 6 colors so my choices were either go with a pinky-light color or an olive-dark color (i'm a MAC c3). the packaging is great and it felt lightweight but it did not last, and it's also quite $$ so i expected much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by pezprincess5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product, goes on so silky smooth, dries to a natural finish, good selection of colors medium coverage, hard to find all of that in a stick, pleasent smell as well, im VERY happy,i looked around for the best stick and this was it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 7:36:00 PM More reviews by chopsticktoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, the texture is one of the best of foundation stick I've ever tried. It's very silky and powdery, blendable and leaves the face with soft-matte finish without needing any extra powder. I think it will work very well for normal - slightly oily/dry skin as it would cake on dry skin and will be a bit greasy on oily skin. Compared to Bobbi Brown foundation stick, this is a lot less greasy, and more silky. However, I am totally at loss with the color grouping --> the only reason that I don't buy it, if only it's more user-friendly.