April 18, 2014 | 1451 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2003 4:54:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best stick foundation I've used so far. There are so many things that appeal to me: It has some of the highest sunscreen properties I've seen in a makeup; the lightest shade (Very Light Ivory) is such a perfect match that I can't tell I'm wearing makeup; and it has unmatched softening and hydrating properties. It gives my skin a wonderfully rosy candlelight glow. It's not for oily skin or people who want to conceal blemishes; it's more for enhancing the complexion on a "good face day" and for smoothing and evening out skin texture. Plus, it makes for a fantastic sunscreen. I think it also works as a primer base for other foundations, since it's so buildable, from very sheer to medium. I don't mind paying $32 for this, since it works as a foundation, a moisturizer, a brightener, and a sunscreen in one -- plus, I have yet to find a better color match for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2003 8:24:00 PM More reviews by elsiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I am a GGG and the natural dark ochre shade is an exact match to my tan. Plus it does not turn orange like so many other brand names I have tried over the years! If you are Asian GGG like me, you can't go wrong with this Shiseido shade! Other European/American brands will tend to be too pink, peachy or, horrors! ORANGE! BTW I have also tried this colour in Shiseido's other formulations over the years - liquid, cream & powder but I still prefer the stick because it is quick & easy to apply and gives a dewy glow to my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2003 5:30:00 AM More reviews by cstg

I have been using Shiseido foundation products for over 10 years. I love them. They offer moisture and nutrients in the form of Macadamia Nut Oil, which is wonderful. I used to use B4 Carnation ... but it really is too pink toned. I now use I4 or I40 Ivory... Anyhow I recommend it highly. The stick is very convenient for travel when I am flying on business or leisure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2003 8:09:00 PM More reviews by supercat12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite stick foundation, and one of the only (maybe the only) foundations I've ever repurchased. I have this in Natural Light Ivory, and it works perfectly with my fair skin. I often use it as a concealer, or as an eyeshadow primer. Blends very well, and I like it much much better than the Bobbi Brown stick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 8:16:00 PM More reviews by maryam

this would be great for combo/dry skin, especially in the wintertime; maybe because i tried it in summer i didn't like it as mush as i thouught i would... this slid right of my face. it felt greasy and there are only like 6 colors so my choices were either go with a pinky-light color or an olive-dark color (i'm a MAC c3). the packaging is great and it felt lightweight but it did not last, and it's also quite $$ so i expected much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2003 12:49:00 AM More reviews by pezprincess5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

great product, goes on so silky smooth, dries to a natural finish, good selection of colors medium coverage, hard to find all of that in a stick, pleasent smell as well, im VERY happy,i looked around for the best stick and this was it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2003 7:36:00 PM More reviews by chopsticktoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, the texture is one of the best of foundation stick I've ever tried. It's very silky and powdery, blendable and leaves the face with soft-matte finish without needing any extra powder. I think it will work very well for normal - slightly oily/dry skin as it would cake on dry skin and will be a bit greasy on oily skin. Compared to Bobbi Brown foundation stick, this is a lot less greasy, and more silky. However, I am totally at loss with the color grouping --> the only reason that I don't buy it, if only it's more user-friendly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2001 3:01:00 PM More reviews by nuni

This foundation is very easy to apply. Feels great and blends very good. Combined with Shiseido loose powder, you get a great skin. The only negative thing is that the foundation could have hidden the pores better. But I really like it, even though I've bought a shade to dark it doesn't look "masklike".