October 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been as close to a miracle product as I've ever used. In the past couple of years, I'd been dealing with almost constant hormonal cystic acne - deep, painful breakouts on my chin and around my mouth. As soon as my skin was clearing up, a few more pimples would pop up; it was really frustrating, and made even more so by the fact that my skin is pale and scars very easily. I was also experiencing a lot of clogged pores - not necessarily inflamed, just bumpy and clogged and blah. I was really close to purchasing an expensive chemical exfoliant cream, even though I couldn't afford it - I was just so done. After using a couple of natural remedies in my beauty routine (jojoba oil for moisturizing, castor oil for helping grow my brows back) I happened upon these reviews and bought a bottle of Bragg's ACV. I concocted a toner of 1/4 ACV to 3/4 filtered water and began applying it nightly with a cotton pad. This was back in September and my skin has changed drastically. First of all, my constant cystic breakouts stopped. And then my clogged pores began surfacing and I was able to gently exfoliate them away - this, I had never experienced. Because I wasn't always breaking out, my skin tone evened out a lot. I have had cystic pimples in the past 5 months, but only 1 at a time and they clear up so much faster than before. Also, the 2 times that I've really noticed myself breaking out (a couple of pimples back to back) it has coincided with either not using the toner for a couple of nights (traveling and my luggage was lost) or my toner mixture being over a month old. I've decided to mix up a fresh toner every month now and we'll see if that helps. It does smell like feet, but it's very much worth it.

I am so, so impressed with this product and so happy to have found these reviews. I feel like my skin is under control now and just much less of a pain to deal with. Not to mention, ACV is dirt cheap and natural - yaaay. : )

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Happpyarrogance

I use apple cider vinegar for lots of stuff and it works beautifully. I use it in the shower as a rinse after I shampoo. I mix half bottle of cider and half water and just leave it in there and do the rinse about once or twice a week. I leaves my hair beautiful, shiny, and oooh so soft! Even my boyfriend notices when I do it.

I also use it as a face toner. My face feels soft and not over dry, stays clear. I love it.

I also use it as a foot bath. Makes my tired feet feel calm.

There are so many uses for this. Its miracle water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:38:00 AM More reviews by mackenzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I began using this yesterday and had amazing results.
I had clear skin from accutane (which I had to go off due to it creating serious mental health issues) and sadly this week my skin broke out the most it has in a year :(

I put straight, undilluted Bragg`s (I use glycolic acid on my skin every night so my skin is used to high strength products, others may need to dillute it) on to the areas with acne.

A cyst that arrived YESTERDAY and normally would stick around for a few days (at least) is not a cyst anymore.. just 8-10 hours after applying the ACV. I woke up and its a small little nothing pimple. I have never had those kind of results with cysts.

I will keep using and update! :) But I love it so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

ACV is a definite staple in my daily skincare routine to get rid of active pimples, prevent future ones and lighten scars. I have discovered ACV years ago and for some reason, I have not been using it religiously. Recently, I found out why though. I was always using supermarket brands and only recently bought an organic unpasteurized one. And I discovered a world of difference. The organic one smells a lot stronger and is cloudier rather than clear gold. Though, due to its natural goodness, it eliminates blemishes and redness almost 10x better. I noticed this only because I had 3 cystic acne recently due to stress and the usual ACV did not meet my expectation since they were still pretty painful and inflamed after 3 days. The organic one literally just reduced the pain overnight, the size in 2 days and the color after the third night. They are still bumps waiting to be further healed but I am amazed by the goodness in an organic ACV!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed0327

Update: after a couple of months of using undiluted apple cider vinegar as a toner on my face which I thought at first was really effective on me, I think I started to have frequent breakouts after .cystic acne started to appear on my chin and the more I put apple cider the harder for the acne to go away ,hink apple cider vinegar is just good during the star of use but when my skin was used to it, it made my skin dryer than I has ever been like the flakes show on my makeup.so I just stopped for about a week now and I'm clear.

I'm using now the clear scrub oil free acne stress control wash from neutrogena and just putting on oxy 10 % benzoyl peroxide every am and pm after wash all over my face.i learned the technique from watching a youtube video from gossmakeupartist, it's his username if you wanna watch, he decided to put the same thing (oxy) and by fourth day almost 80 % of his acne was gone.i just use a pea sized amount of sensitive skin oil free moisturizer from neutrogena after putting illy all over my face. Thank God I'm clear again.i think I'm going to do this for good, since gossmakeupartist said that after he out that on his face and used it as a regimen for quite a long time, he never had acne again.

So I've learned that apple cider vinegar strips off the oil from your face causing more and more oil for compensation which then leads to more n more acne.so I advise everyone who think are hopeless already to use the same thing(neutrogena clear scrub +oxy all over face).it' s really effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this every second day with a teensy bit of conditioner and my hair looks soooooooooo healthy!! I didn't even have to dye it because it brought out auburn brown highlights which look beautiful. My hair is also the shiniest its ever been! I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS! It smells bad at first but the smell doesn't stay in your hair.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by leahbee8

I have been using Bragg's ACV as a facial toner for approximately two months now. I use it as an all-over toner in the mornings (except the eye area of course) and as a spot treatment in the evenings. It seems to make the biggest impact on decreasing blemish swelling and redness if it is applied for a period of time, like holding a q-tip of it to the blemish for a minute or so. I dilute it 1 part acv to 2 parts water and store it in a little travel bottle. Price of course is great! One 3$ bottle will last forever. My adult acne is definitely hormonal, so I can't say that acv has stopped me from getting blemishes altogether. What it does do is prevent them from getting to the advanced stages of swelling and redness, and from spreading beyond one hormonal spot at a time. I definitely have better overall skin tone and more manageable acne using acv. I seem to never have more than one or two zits at a time now. I used to use prescription creams like Differin, and I have stopped using them all together, because I get better results from acv.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using acv for a while now but didn't start braggs until about a year ago and I love it. Unfortunately due to my skin I can't claim the miracles some do about how clear their face now is through use :( but what I've used it for and it did wonders is a sore throat (with aloe Vera juice) about 4tsp and it's much better. And as a hair growth rinse. Made my hair shiny and my split ends are recovering...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

Like many other viewers, I am not using Bragg's. I don't personally think brand makes much of a difference, though.

As a toner, I think this is exceptional. I dilute one part water, one part ACV, and sometimes a few drops of tea tree oil. I always go to this to clean my face without drying it out c: it makes my face feel so clean and nice, it's really indescribable. I use it at least once a day, and twice on some days. It's good if you just want to clean up your face without taking any serious skincare steps- pour some on a cotton pad, swipe it over your face, and yay! Clean!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a toner, this did not work for me! (As a hair rinse, it works great though!)