BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 1/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

i bought this really wanting to like it the packging was fab and it feels expencive and heavy. its just sooo pale on me tho im really pale skinned but this is rediculous. i have shad jax. as soon a i put it on it dries out my skin, even if i put it on straight after moisturiser. its so hard to blend no matter how much i try its streaky. it makes my skin look boring and flakey. i would only ever use it as a concealer now. i wount ever buy this again i think that it was a waste of my money. :(

on 1/7/2009 12:01:00 PM

The Play Stick is my favourite Benefit foundation, its creamy enough to not dry your skin out and gives a really lovely coverage, I use 'Paper Dolls' which i think is the nicest shade as its got a really warm tone, ensuring your complexion doesn't look too dull! ... I think it is quite pricey however and though it would last the average person a long while, i seem to get through mine very quickly!

- a good tip would also be to set your playstick with 'Get Even' powder, it really helps it stay on all day and gives a really silky finish! xx

on 12/19/2008 7:56:00 PM

this works great as a foundation or a concealer, I love that it has chamomile in it! It's not heavy and doesn't cause breakouts!

on 12/13/2008 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love cream foundations, and the fact that this is in a stick makes it last sooooo much longer. I use it with a skunk brush from MAC and i get super-smooth, even coverage. It covers really well without feeling very heavy. Definitely gives a made up look, but very polished, not fake.
I have so many problems finding foundation that works because of my oily skin, and as long as I put powder on top I can prevent oilies for quite a while

on 11/28/2008 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was going to throw this away because I really didn't like the coverage that it gave me when I used it as a foundation but then I read the reviews about this product on MUA and saw that some people used this as a concealer I decided to give it a try and I honestly like it more as a concealer than foundation. I think that the packaging was really cute but I dont think that I will buy this product anymore because it's so expensive:(

on 11/28/2008 8:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this in Jump Rope and it matched my medium- easily tans skin. I use LSF 5.5. This is my backup foundation that I reach for when I dont feel like blowing money on my HG LSF foundation. This blends effortlessly and has medium coverage that is buildable. However if you need very heavy coverage I would try something else because this can be a bit greasy/wet if you apply too much. The scent is very light and pleasant; it is in stick form that you twist up for more product. I have an oily tzone and this didnt clog my pores. I found that this photographs very well and my skin will always look smooth and even, not at all cakey or splotchy. Now here are my gripes: its tricky to get a perfect application, you have to deligent and meticulous. I say this because you have to wait until you have completely absorbed you face lotion or serums, any moisturizer or treatment you do before foundation. If you dont tjen this product will never fully "dry"; it will slide and smear onto your clothes or anythinf for that matter. Even after using a setting power, this product will never fully set unless your face is completely dry. That being said, which is actually true for most foundations, this is a great product. I apply with a foundation brush, i use prescriptives. If you dont set with a powder and you did apply on dry skin, it tends to look more dewy; with a powder its much more matte. The consistency off the bat is a little greasy like, especially after application. It does absorb and somewhat melts into your skin. It looks great, but compared to my HG LSF this doesnt "melt" into skin. However its never cakey and fake looking; you come away with even and natural excellence. I reach for this as an alternative, it retails for $28 and you get a lot of product.

on 11/28/2008 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Play Sticks. They are everything I want Chanel Vitalumiere compacts to be but aren't. These create a beautiful finish, slightly matte yet also slightly dewy, if this is at all possible. I just don't use a powder. The coverage is even and medium-to-full. Also, the coverage lasts and lasts and lasts, whereas Chanel Vitalumiere compact does not last and sits in my pores.

on 11/17/2008 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

My cousin's fav.. she just loves now for almost 2 years, on her skin looks absolutely fantastic, and when she got a sample i tried it.. not my type of foundation, but as i can see it works really well:)))

on 11/17/2008 6:16:00 AM

This is a good foundation. I don't use concealer when I wear this, it's really easy to spread on your face and blend, even with fingers. It is not too oily or too dry, it's just the right consistency and looks natural. They have good, neutral colors, and it's pretty foolproof. Buy a tube and see.

on 11/14/2008 9:32:00 AM

Ok I used to love this product soo much I used it in shade jump rope for about 3 years then all of a sudden it changed the product becaume sooo oily on my skin and would just slide off, after abit of research on this I found out they changed ingredeants in the product which may have caused this, I would love to try this product again as it was brilliant b4 they changed it