BeneFit Cosmetics Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

3.7

on 4/11/2009 6:31:00 AM

Great product to keep on hand for touch ups, but I have a few problems with it. Firstly the colour range is a little bit too yellow toned for my complexion; I wear 'tea party' and get away with it using it with other foundation to help conceal/blend, but I couldn't wear it on its own or on my whole face. Secondly, the consistency can be a little dry which can make it drag and hard to blend. It's fantastic for covering up bad blemishes/redness though and as always with benefit the packaging is beautiful :)

on 3/12/2009 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wow, after reading some of the reviews i am glad that I am not a minority here. I have jump rope and it just seems orange on me. It also doesn have a lot of coverage either, by one or two i need to either reapply or i need to cover with some powder. I think I need to try something else :(

on 2/22/2009 9:02:00 PM

shitty product, would never buy again

Quick Take: long wearing, cream to powder, great coverage, healthy for skin

DO NOT TRUST THE COLOR SWATCHES ON THE SITE!
they look darker than they actually are, pinker, oranger, tc...

anyways...

i have tried sooo many different kinds of foundation!

every drugstore brand, lancome, clinique, bare essentuals, mac...you name it! haha

so, i bought this foundation a little while ago in "spin the bottle".. one of my very blatantly honest friends informed me later, however, that i looked orange in the sunlight. i looked in a mirror outside, and sure enough, i did :/ that's when i tried benefit's "some kinda-a gorgeous". the consistency is waaaay too greasy, and comes off very easily.

i recently went back to benefit, and the lady told me to try the color "jax". its PERFECT. my only complaint? i can't tell where i have already put it because it fits my complexion so well!!! :) exciting day haha
[i'm very pale haha]

it may seem EXPENSIVE for a foundation, but it doubles as a concealer, (benefit bo-oing in shade "01" is awesome, btw), plus, because it is a medium-full buildable coverage foundation, you don't need to put too much on...

HIGH RECOMMENDED!!!
(: :)

on 1/23/2009 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on my 2nd playstick. I have to say I love it and it gives me a flawless look. It really does have the foundation/concealor/powder look and it gives full coverage without it looking cakey. I don't feel it at all and I don't use much either. One stick will last you months and months! I like that it has tea tree oil (or some ingredient like it) in it so that it helps with pimples.

on 1/21/2009 2:23:00 PM

OMG. this has so many ingredients in it Soy extract, ginko biloba (over load of crap, IMHO)..., it made my face have a bad reaction..... something similar to a bad sunburn, tightness , dryness, itchy and all ! And typically my skin is NOT prone to allergic reactions, This settled into pores and made my skin look creased and flakey YUCK.. there should be a "HELL NO" option to buy this product again.... this went back, 36 bucks back in my wallet. Buyer Beware.

on 1/7/2009 2:28:00 PM

i bought this really wanting to like it the packging was fab and it feels expencive and heavy. its just sooo pale on me tho im really pale skinned but this is rediculous. i have shad jax. as soon a i put it on it dries out my skin, even if i put it on straight after moisturiser. its so hard to blend no matter how much i try its streaky. it makes my skin look boring and flakey. i would only ever use it as a concealer now. i wount ever buy this again i think that it was a waste of my money. :(

on 1/7/2009 12:01:00 PM

The Play Stick is my favourite Benefit foundation, its creamy enough to not dry your skin out and gives a really lovely coverage, I use 'Paper Dolls' which i think is the nicest shade as its got a really warm tone, ensuring your complexion doesn't look too dull! ... I think it is quite pricey however and though it would last the average person a long while, i seem to get through mine very quickly!

- a good tip would also be to set your playstick with 'Get Even' powder, it really helps it stay on all day and gives a really silky finish! xx

on 12/19/2008 7:56:00 PM

this works great as a foundation or a concealer, I love that it has chamomile in it! It's not heavy and doesn't cause breakouts!

on 12/13/2008 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love cream foundations, and the fact that this is in a stick makes it last sooooo much longer. I use it with a skunk brush from MAC and i get super-smooth, even coverage. It covers really well without feeling very heavy. Definitely gives a made up look, but very polished, not fake.
I have so many problems finding foundation that works because of my oily skin, and as long as I put powder on top I can prevent oilies for quite a while