July 25, 2014 | 1893 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ho hum.

If you want to use retinoids on your skin, just get a prescription for Renova or Retin-A (start with the mildest formulation). Anything else in my book is a waste of money and time. This one certainly is!

This acts as a nice light moisturizer but as far as anything else it does nothing for my skin. I'll use up the tube but will never repurchase. I'm going back to Retin-A and will admit to being a big fool for ever getting away from using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. After using this I have noticed that my skin is brighter, more even-toned, and healthier looking. This has faded past acne scars and seems to help lessen the amount of breakouts I get. Also, I have way fewer blackheads. It takes some time to see results, but if you've only been using this a short while I suggest you try for up to 12 weeks, which is what I read it can take to see results. The texture of this is lightweight and sinks in immediately which is great considering my skin gets greasy very easily. I like this so much I am going to get the night version since I hear retinol is even more effective when used at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this online, and got the product that comes in a tube rather than the lotion. At first I was disappointed in my mistake, but decided to use it anyway. I have used this sporadically for about two weeks at night, and I love it! I don't use an exfoliator, and my skin is now smooth and flake free thanks to the retinol in this. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized, and my skin just looks and feels great! I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this product this and the serum, are just great I have good skin and want to keep it that way I never layed out in the Sun, and I am so gald of that this stuff is great and I have tried other's alpha hydrox for 1 it was just terrible it dryed my face out really bad this product is so wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by erica057

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! For those with normal-to-dry skin seeking a no-nonsense anti-aging product, this is it. There aren't any lofty claims or obscure botanicals, just ingredients long-supported by solid research: retinol, vitamin E, and quite a bit of green tea extract (listed as camellia oleifera on the label). I know that some folks are sensitive to silicone, which may account for the negative reviews (if not initial retinoid sensitivity). I used to use anti-wrinkle anti-blemish but now I use this along with a more effective (pH-balanced) BHA. No SPF in this one but I only use retinoids at night (they cause photosensitivity), so no matter. The packaging is a skosh boring but it's a sturdy, hygenic tube which keeps the antioxidants stable. To be frank, I'd much rather pay $12 for something which is proven to work, than blow my paycheck to dick around with pomegranate extract or algae or whatever. And it does a great job of moisturizing, too. HG!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by 1lostinparadise

I started using this product over 10 years ago, even though, at 18, wrinkles were a distant worry. I liked its light moisturizing properties, and now that I am 30, I love that its an anti-wrinkle cream. It's not greasy, or heavy, and comes with SPF 15, so it's perfect under make-up. The Retinol seems to help prevent blemishes and other ingredients calm irritation and redness. I have used this consistently for many years, and despite trying similar products, I have never found its equal. I can't vouch for its anti-wrinkle effectiveness at this time, since I don't have any wrinkles yet; however, perhaps all these years of using it is the reason why. :)

My only quibble with this product is the packaging. The paint on the tube sometimes slides off. Also, when trying to squeeze the last bit out, the aluminum (?) tube sometimes cracks and the moisturizer squirts out. I understand though, that the choice of tubing is to protect the Retinol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't have wrinkles, yet, but my skin has been looking dull and tired, and I have some discoloration. I was hoping to brighten my skin, and get rid of those dark spots.I used this product daily for a full month, and saw not the slightest improvement. Not anything. It didn't make me break out, which is good, and there was no irritation, but that's not enough for me to continue with this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by Summerlily

I usually stay away from Neutrogena because it really does nothing for my skin. However, I wanted to at least try out this Anti-Wrinkle stuff. After using it for about a week, small bumps appeared under my skin. I'm not sure what they were, but they were not full blown acne. I tend to get a few zits every now and then, but this was something new. So after I stopped using this, it took a few weeks or so for the new bumps to follow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2008 5:53:00 AM More reviews by LowSelfEsteem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This definitely works for me. I got a sample size when I purchased another Neutrogena product online (Australia has limited product range) and thought I'd try it exclusively on the area between my brows where I have little frown lines (grrrrr). I was trying to make it last as long as possible but this stuff really goes a long way I'm 2 weeks in to using it and I've still got 1/4 tube left. Less than a pea size dollop does my entire forehead. Initially - the first 2 or 3 days - I had tingling and redness on the area between my brows. It felt tight immediately after application. After an hour the tightness and tingling was gone. By the 4th day I didn't get any redness but still some tingling/tightness. It's not problematic...just a little scary for a first timer (Neutrogena do provide a warning).
So for the first week I concentrated entirely on my frown lines then - because it spreads so well - I started applying it all over my forehead. I only use at night because there is no sunscreen in this particular version. As with all retinol products you MUST use a sunscreen. I happen to use an SPF15 at the moment and practice massive sun avoidance :wink: Anyway...the area between my brows is obviously different. Smoother, lines appear less obvious, a little shinier (not that you might want this side effect). I anticipate it'll do the same for the rest of my forehead in the coming week/s. Can't wait. Already bought a full size online! Edit: The sample size has finally run out *sob* and I've been very happy with it and will repurchase (at great expense in Australia). Upon application I now have no redness or tingling so I guess you get used to the retinol and it becomes less of an issue.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2008 2:00:00 AM More reviews by kayliathy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the fence about this product. The website says "Neutrogena Healthy SkinŽ Anti-Wrinkle Cream is a dermatologist recommended Retinol anti-wrinkle cream clinically proven to visibly reduce fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging."

I originally purchased it because I went through a tanning bed phase and as a result I have a few creases in my forehead that drive me crazy. I've been using this stuff for over a year every night and have seen no results. However, it does make my skin tone look more even. More pros is that the packaging is great and a little goes a long way. I have a little over half a tube left and like I said, Ive been usin it for over a year. I won't repurchase cause I wanna see what else is out there; Im sure I can find somethin better for the results Im lookin for.