December 21, 2014 | 917 users online

Treatments (Face) - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:12:00 PM More reviews by biancagrowl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this at night after washing my face and it really does absorb quickly, leaving no residue. However, sometimes I feel like it should be a little more moisturizing, but since I have oily skin it isn't that much of a problem. I have not seen any results in terms of wrinkle-combat, but I only have fine lines near my eyes, so I don't expect anything yet. I'm doing this mostly as a preventative. I don't like that it doesn't list percentage retinol, but I've read it is around .2% which is actually pretty good. No breakouts!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3

Packaging: 4

Buy again: yes

----------

About me:

I am a 20-something year old Asian with light-medium skin, I burn easily and I have freckles. I am acne-prone, sensitive, and combination most of the time. I've been a loyal BP user for about 5 years, but I hate having it bleach everything, and I want to prevent zits while also looking proactively into youth-maintenance.

The Product:

Neutrogena HS A-W cream promises to reduce pore size and boost clarity and reduce wrinkles in as little as 2-8 weeks. It claims to contain multi-vitamins and green tea extracts with retinol to deliver these results.

My Opinion:

I like that this cream is packaged in a metal tube, which helps to preserve Retinol efficacy. I am using this in conjunction with Skinceuticals Retinol 0.5, alternate nights. However, I feel that this product is good enough for my age. I does help to even out uneven skintone with regular use (I was using it on and off in October of 2007, but I've been using it consistently for the last 2 weeks), and even moisturizes the skin without being overbearing. My skin isn't oily or anything in the morning.

I believe this product contains like 0.025% retinol or something (don't hold me to that-- I read that online somewhere), so it's definitely not comparable to prescription retinoid products. However, if you are young and looking to start preventing the aging process, I believe this is a good product to start with. Be warned, however, that you MUST (if you aren't already!) wear Sunscreen during the day if you use this product at night.

As far as acne-control, it isn't super amazing, but it does keep things to a minimum, within acceptable range. I find that if I have a zit, the best thing to do is to add a bit extra of this product on (like the size of a matchstick head), rub it in, the cover the spot with vaseline to "seal" it in. Somehow, it works! On normal nights, I apply a large pearl/pea-sized blob of this all over my face (I do the corners of the eyes, but avoid the eye area itself) and that's enough to keep things under control.

I think this was like $16 or something at Wal-Mart for 40g, so it's not terribly expensive (if you're used to spending $6/177 mL of moisturizer though, you'll have to get used to it!). This lasts a surprisingly long time, so I think it's worth it, and I would buy again. I'm looking to try the Intensive version, which I think contains more retinol.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Promises, promises, promises... and this product lives up to its claims. It was my friend who actually introduced me to this product. She could afford any product out there, and this is the one she chose... so I decided to jump on the band wagon myself. Even though I'm skeptical of things that promise too much, she swore by it. And around 13 bucks a pop, how could I go wrong? In fact, what a surprise that I noticed a new clarity to my skin within a few uses... and with the Retinoids in this product, it definitely helped with the texture of my skin. It took my skin some getting use to as it burned slightly (but the product advisory did say that this was a normal reaction during initial use), so I used it every other day at first. It is helping fade dark spots from sun exposure too!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2008 8:25:00 PM More reviews by DorothyEm

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ho hum.

If you want to use retinoids on your skin, just get a prescription for Renova or Retin-A (start with the mildest formulation). Anything else in my book is a waste of money and time. This one certainly is!

This acts as a nice light moisturizer but as far as anything else it does nothing for my skin. I'll use up the tube but will never repurchase. I'm going back to Retin-A and will admit to being a big fool for ever getting away from using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great product. After using this I have noticed that my skin is brighter, more even-toned, and healthier looking. This has faded past acne scars and seems to help lessen the amount of breakouts I get. Also, I have way fewer blackheads. It takes some time to see results, but if you've only been using this a short while I suggest you try for up to 12 weeks, which is what I read it can take to see results. The texture of this is lightweight and sinks in immediately which is great considering my skin gets greasy very easily. I like this so much I am going to get the night version since I hear retinol is even more effective when used at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this online, and got the product that comes in a tube rather than the lotion. At first I was disappointed in my mistake, but decided to use it anyway. I have used this sporadically for about two weeks at night, and I love it! I don't use an exfoliator, and my skin is now smooth and flake free thanks to the retinol in this. It leaves my skin soft and moisturized, and my skin just looks and feels great! I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I Love this product this and the serum, are just great I have good skin and want to keep it that way I never layed out in the Sun, and I am so gald of that this stuff is great and I have tried other's alpha hydrox for 1 it was just terrible it dryed my face out really bad this product is so wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2008 1:03:00 AM More reviews by erica057

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! For those with normal-to-dry skin seeking a no-nonsense anti-aging product, this is it. There aren't any lofty claims or obscure botanicals, just ingredients long-supported by solid research: retinol, vitamin E, and quite a bit of green tea extract (listed as camellia oleifera on the label). I know that some folks are sensitive to silicone, which may account for the negative reviews (if not initial retinoid sensitivity). I used to use anti-wrinkle anti-blemish but now I use this along with a more effective (pH-balanced) BHA. No SPF in this one but I only use retinoids at night (they cause photosensitivity), so no matter. The packaging is a skosh boring but it's a sturdy, hygenic tube which keeps the antioxidants stable. To be frank, I'd much rather pay $12 for something which is proven to work, than blow my paycheck to dick around with pomegranate extract or algae or whatever. And it does a great job of moisturizing, too. HG!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by 1lostinparadise

I started using this product over 10 years ago, even though, at 18, wrinkles were a distant worry. I liked its light moisturizing properties, and now that I am 30, I love that its an anti-wrinkle cream. It's not greasy, or heavy, and comes with SPF 15, so it's perfect under make-up. The Retinol seems to help prevent blemishes and other ingredients calm irritation and redness. I have used this consistently for many years, and despite trying similar products, I have never found its equal. I can't vouch for its anti-wrinkle effectiveness at this time, since I don't have any wrinkles yet; however, perhaps all these years of using it is the reason why. :)

My only quibble with this product is the packaging. The paint on the tube sometimes slides off. Also, when trying to squeeze the last bit out, the aluminum (?) tube sometimes cracks and the moisturizer squirts out. I understand though, that the choice of tubing is to protect the Retinol.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 1:13:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't have wrinkles, yet, but my skin has been looking dull and tired, and I have some discoloration. I was hoping to brighten my skin, and get rid of those dark spots.I used this product daily for a full month, and saw not the slightest improvement. Not anything. It didn't make me break out, which is good, and there was no irritation, but that's not enough for me to continue with this product.