Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 12/13/2008 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Tresor, on me, initially came across as not very unique. A little of the scent reminded me of Victoria's Secret's original fragrance (Victoria, which I did like), but much more powdery, like this scent mixed with baby powder. After time, however, I noticed that the scent changed into something very pleasant, a little sweet, much less powdery (a scent that I'd give a 4 instead of a 3). I don't think I want to wait through the initial notes for it, though, so I probably wouldn't buy it again.

on 12/12/2008 8:12:00 AM

I really loved this it smelled great on me and lasted all day!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was part of my mom's recent surprise gift to me: a bunch of her perfumes from the '80s and '90s that she no longer wears (having moved on to Philosophy stuff, which to me all smells like soap). I have diverse tastes in fragrance and can handle a scent with "presence," so I braved it and sprayed on the bottle of Tresor parfum (not EDP!) she handed me. Wowza. I finally figured out what this scent reminds me of: old-fashioned face powder, back when they used to heavily scent face powder. My spritz of Tresor made me feel like I was a '50s dame touching up my matte red lips in a car mirror, with a cinch-waisted pink crinoline dress and a matching scarf and sunglasses. Almost hyper-girlie. Soft, yes, but not subtle. I will wear this very lightly when I'm feeling my powdery-pink-glamour vibe, but not a favorite.

on 11/18/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This has been my favourite perfume since I was a little girl. I always have a bottle and try to keep it's use to occasions since it's not exactly cheap.

on 11/6/2008 1:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The absolutely perfect perfume that should stand along side Chanel No. 5 as a classic. It is a bit on the pricey side and the packaging could be a bit more modern, but I guess that is part of its charm. I truly adore this perfume from my teenage years to my not-so-teenage years and will continue to so for years to come.

on 10/24/2008 5:16:00 AM

My mother used to wear this when I was in my early teens and I used to borrow some every once in a while. When I thought of buying something for my mother in law, this immediately came to me as a perfect mom fragrance. She loved it. I love it too, though it's not a head over heels type of love...We are just great friends :)

on 10/21/2008 1:01:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

TRESOR = TERRIFYING. this fragrance is truly DISGUSTING. my mom uses this perfume and it smells like straight up rubbing alcohol. another reviewer compared it to "ROTTING FRUIT NEXT TO AN OPEN WOUND" and that description pretty much dead on. Tresor has a biting, choking, and offensive smell, my mother used to apply it while we were in the car and my eyes would water and my throat would close up even though i sat all the way in the back seat! VERY STRONG SMELL. fruity and spicy it burns my nose. offensive, and it lingers and lasts and stinks... i couldn't see how men would like it.

on 10/10/2008 7:51:00 PM

mmm this scent sparks some memories
its a nice scent but it seems a bit too old fashioned?
the amber colour kinda pus me off
reminds me of whiskey

on 9/18/2008 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I wrote that I would not buy this again, but the truth is, I've been duped by this before, most likely because Kate Winslet has since become the spokesmodel for this scent. And I do love her. The scent itself is great...but far too strong for me. It teeters on artificial and synthetic (i am reviewing the Elixir which is more concentrated than edt) and it's got a sharp edge which when freshly sprayed is nearly more than I can stand. It does soften quite a bit but I find that despite its intial shock value (I do love the uniqueness of the apricots) it dries down to something very soft and not noticeable. How odd. It changes little from first spray to drydown (minus the harsh factor).

on 8/3/2008 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

IMO, its a close to perfect fragrance.
My mom used to wear this perfume when I was a little girl and I absolutely hated it and I even remember even expressing to her how much I disliked how she smelled whenever she wore this perfume. Fast forward about 15 years and I receive a sample of Tresor at the Lancome counter. I decided to try the sample even though I had a negative preconception about the fragrance. It completely blew my mind how good this smelled. I love the fruitiness at first and then the flowery musk that stays behind. I cannot keep from smelling my wrist throughout the day whenever I wear this one.

Popular Fragrances