October 25, 2014 | 1722 users online

Concealers - Bare Escentuals - Well Rested

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by chov

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my absolute must-have-can-never-be-without products. I keep one in my bag for touchups during the day, one at home and one in my gym bag. I have always had bad dark circles, and this stuff does the business. It's also a fantastic eye shadow base and, if mixed with Bisque, probably the best concealer I've ever used (and that includes Cle de Peau). Yes, the proper brush does make all the difference. Like all Bare Minerals base products, it takes time to perfect, but you'll never go back to the cream versions once you do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:09:00 PM More reviews by PrincessNarawen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I agree with previous reviews that the brush you use with this product really does matter. The first time, I applied this with my BE max. coverage concealor brush (it's what I use when I put the BE foundation under my eyes). It looked HORRIBLE. Very caked on, it settled into lines (and I don't even have many!), and just looked...fake.

After reading reviews here, I decided to try it again with the BE light stroke brush. Not only did it look better, it's almost perfect! When I use the BE foundation under my eyes, I have to use another illuminating liquid concealor under it or my dark circles still show through. With this I don't have to put anything under, and it blends nicely with my skin. I was afraid I would have to do a full face of foundation because the yellowish base color would stand out too much against my rosy cheeks, but I put it on today with no other makeup and I just look naturall well-rested. Not sure if I'll call it HG yet, because I still need something to occasionally cover blemishes, and I haven't tried many things on my dark circles, but it's the best I've tried so far.

I can't comment on the price because I swapped for this instead of buying. However, the price is the same as the BE eyeshadows so it's pretty reasonable. I'll buy again when I run out.

UPDATE: I've been using this for a few weeks and I have offically found my HG concealor (for dark circles, anyway). It's so quick and easy to dab on and blend in, and perfect for my "no makeup makeup" days. I was a bit scared that the yellow tone would stand out against my rosy cheeks or foundation, but it blends seamlessly. Everyone with ANY level of dark circles should own this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by shyviolet

This is one of those products where the right brush makes all the difference in the world.

The first time I used this, I used my Sephora-brand concealer brush (which works amazing for every other concealer I own, and even for B.E. Well Lit). The results were horrendous. The skin under and around my eyes did not looks any lighter, but the skin texture was crepey and every line emphasized. I instantly aged my eyes by 10 years or more.

Whenever a product gets rave reviews here but is disastrous in my hands, I try and experiment to make sure that the issue is not my application.

Today, I used a fluffier brush to apply Well Rested. Dare I say, I actually look well rested now. 100% difference from my experience yesterday.

I have actually been trying every concealer under the sun lately in preparation for having another baby (and getting no sleep). I have been searching for something that can diffuse dark shadows, will not settle into lines, last at least most of the day and is quick to apply.

This will not be my HG concealer because it is not all that quick to apply. A creamy formula can just glide on and blend, but this takes lots of careful application and building up of color. A beautiful result, but not for everyday, for me anyway.

I can see where this would come in handy if you use pencil eyeliner, and you want to both conceal shadows and set your liner with the same product.

I don't think I will repurchase because it will last forever. Like all B.E. stuff, the application can be messy. My only other issue is that this is not weightless - it does give me that tingly, crawly 'I'm wearing makeup' feeling and I am happy to wash my face at the end of the day. Maybe my skin is reacting to the bismuth. Anyway, I will save this one for occasions.

*EDIT :I really really love this, it is the best concealer I have tried. Unfortunately, I am allergic to bismuth (it figures!) Mineral makeup with bismuth causes my face to itch horribly and then I get these red bumps. If anyone knows of a product like this, but without the bismuth, please email me!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Jenni555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after fave reviews...especially on qvc i had too try this product! at first- i didn't apply enough product and was kinda like this is it? after i tried more product i found out why it is so popular because does a great job around the eyes and even blemishes! much better concealer than the bisque, by far!!! must try for those girls with dark circles...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a base for other eyeshadows. I never needed eye primers. What I do is put on my usual eye cream, then I dust powder on top. I have Well Rested and Summer Bisque, and I use either on top of my eye cream. My eyeshadow lasts all day. I use thee powders in the inner eye corner to diffuse darkness, too. They work well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by rvdeshaies

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well Rested is a great eye shadow for me--I use it as a base with a big fluffy brush, and recently have been using it more and more on its own. As another reviewer said, it seems to make my eyes pop!

I wouldn't use this under the eye, however, as it would look powdery/crepey/old/crummy--not the look I am going for. I am in my late 50s, so i care about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 3:53:00 PM More reviews by myprettyshadesofpink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mildly dark circles under my eyes and my eyes are deep-set. This stuff always hide the circles and the darkness on the inner part of my eyes. If they hadn't named it this, I would suggest "bright eyes" because that is exactly what it gives you. There are alot of days I go to work with only my BE foundation, blush, mascara, and well-rested. This is a product that gives me the polished look and is a staple in my makeup drawer!! I doubt I run out any time soon, but will repurchase if I do!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2007 11:28:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

Meh...another over-hyped BE product. I got this as part of a kit...I would have never purchased it on its own. I use it as an eyeshadow base but it's nothing special. I might as well have used a mineral make up powder in its place.

It's quite light in color so it does have a lightening effect when I put it on my lids.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by adnexa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed with Well Rested. As an eyeshadow base, it's just fine, but as an under-eye circle concealer, it's not. It gets into the creases under my eyes and makes me look old and tired. Not good. It does make an okay spot concealer for the red around my nose (better than Bisque for me, with my very fair, cool-toned complexion), as long as it's under foundation - all by itself, it looks too yellow. I've tried messing around with it as a finishing powder, mixing it with mineral veil and stuff, but really its best use is as an eye shadow base, and i rarely bother wearing eyeshadow, so it's not really useful for me. I'll stick to my cream concealer.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ldinfante

wow i must be the only one who this product does not work for. i see no difference in using well rested. i brought it because i just had a baby and i wanted to tell people that she was already sleeping thru the night (a lie of course). all it told people was that i had little sleep with powder on my eyes.