October 23, 2014 | 1026 users online

Treatments (Face) - Mary Kay - Acne Treatment Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2004 3:30:00 PM More reviews by catalina23

I have suffered from breakouts for many years and I have to say this stuff is a hidden gem. I never thought I would like a Mary Kay product but this stuff works great. Non-irritating and non-drying-just zaps the zits away. Great, great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2004 7:31:00 PM More reviews by WillyWonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Terrific product and a great price for the quantity you get. Well worth it! I have had the same tube for years. If your skin is all right with Salicylic Acid, this is definitely a great product to try. Even if it doesn't work out you still have not wasted a ton of money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2003 7:56:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is SUCH a wonderful gel! At 5% benzoyal peroxide it's gentle enough to use nightly, but tough enough to kill stubborn bacteria (2.5% doesn't work for me and 10% is saved for any 'big mothers' that might pop up twice a year). This comes in a gel-like, whitish lotion in a 1.5oz tube for about $12-$13. It goes on ultra matte, leaves no residue behind. I use this overtop of my Philosophy On a Clear Day Blemish Gel (a mix of salicylic and glycolic acids) and it keeps me just about pimple free. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2003 1:02:00 PM More reviews by becker811

I really like this acne gel. I is perfect for those who have occational surface breakouts. It does an excellent job. I would not recommend it to those with a serious acne problem though, it only works well on small surface pimples - usually will dry them up over night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2003 10:06:00 AM More reviews by reesycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

all the benefits of BP without the peeling! this is the best BP product i've tried so far, though i'm tempted to give sage a try. i prob won't b/c this really does the trick for me. i don't see a diff in effectiveness b/t this and the stronger 10% formulas--in fact, it might be better. tiny zits virtually disappear overnite, while cysts slowly-but-surely shrink in size, and it does this w/o drying out my skin. plus, it has no weird smell like so many others do. the price is worth it. one tube is 1.25 oz (i think), so it may seem more exp, but it's really just the larger size. i keep mine in the fridge and ice my face for ~1 min before and after applications.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by oasdus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent spot treatment for when you feel a pimple coming on... if you apply this stuff to the spot before it gets too far along, it prevents the pimple from forming... that is my experience anyway. This was my favorite benzoyl peroxide treatment, but I'd rather use AHA and/or BHA on my skin, so I don't use this anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2003 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Foveolata

Pros: It worked pretty well once I had been using it for about two weeks. Its very cheap, and you get a LOT of it in a tube. No strong odor.

Cons: I didn't notice ANY results using it faithfully for the first week. It really takes a while to start working. And it doesn't do a perfect job, while my blemishes are fewer and less noticable, they aren't gone.

Update: I never use this anymore... It just wasn't effective enough, and it took too long to work.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2003 12:26:00 AM More reviews by drmgirl2000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My comments on this product are pretty brief. I can apply this to a blemish on any part of my face or body and it appears to shrink it and make it less visible. But then again, what acne treatment gel with benzoyl peroxide doesn't already do the same thing for a lot less money? This didn't do anything significant for my blemishes that any over-the-counter drug store product for acne can't do. I couldn't say how this gel would stand up to huge pimples as I only get occasional minor, small blemishes. But I must say it's a decent product that works nicely, though I doubt I'll pay this price for a simple benzoyl peroxide gel again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2003 11:34:00 PM More reviews by amy813

This is excellent at clearing up my blemishes. I use it whenever I feel a blemish coming on. I bought it a month before my wedding by a recommendation from my MK consultant. My zits were almost completely gone for my wedding ( and I haven't been blemish-free in about 8 years). The tube is really big for an acne treatment. It lasts forever. Definately try this if you have mild acne. Works wonders!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2003 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenibel

This did nothing to my slight acne. Not stong enough, My tube is almost gone and I used it 2 times a day did not see any result at all.