Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

on 8/21/2007 11:56:00 PM

I am amazed!!! It really, really works! My pits usually start smelling by the end of the day. Today was a typically hot and long day but by the end of the night, my pits still don't smell like anything! I have found my holy grail!! I would pay any amount of money for a product that truly works. So although, it's more expensive than the drugstore brands that I've been using all my life, it's worth every penny b/c it actually does the job it's supposed to do! I love MUA for helping me find this! I never would have known to try this without you lovely ladies and your honest reviews! :D

on 8/13/2007 11:22:00 PM

Holy Moly-This works wonders, I am amazed & wish I discovered it sooner. Thanks so much MUA!!! I have had it for all of 5 days & actually look forward to using this wonderful deodorant. I still sweat but not as much & I don't have bad B.O. anymore! IT WORKS, IT REALLY WORKS! Of course I will repurchase, I love the results.

on 8/12/2007 12:01:00 PM

WOWWWWWWW! I've been alternating between Certain-Dri and Secret Platinum for years, and while I don't have issues with wetness so much anymore, at the end of the day I always suffer with that deodorant-fragrance-and-BO smell and end up reapplying. I bought this yesterday and immediately put it to the test. First, I wore a black tube top. I was disappointed that when I put on my shirt 20+ min after applying this it still left the tell-tale white marks on my shirt. (they rubbed out easily enough, but still.) The next test was the 30 minutes we waited outside to get into a show - in August in AZ. It was over 100 degrees with no wind and I was POURING sweat - everywhere but my underarms! That night and even the next morning? Not even a HINT of BO!!!!!!!! I love that the product itself has virtually no smell, so no more competetion between deodorant scent, perfume, hair, lotion, etc.!
The tube has a rounded end so you can squeeze and apply directly to your underarm, just like you would any other deodorant.
The consistency is the same as the Secret soft solids I'm used to, and drying time is minimal.
This is the BEST - definitely HG. I will never buy another deodorant again!

on 8/9/2007 7:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The ABSOLUTE best deodorant I have ever used. I am a big sweater and also had issues controlling odor...not anymore. I will never use anything else...ever. I always have extra tubes on hand. I have converted everyone at work...Really, honestly the best product I have used!!!!

on 7/12/2007 9:18:00 PM

Okay...this is my first day using this product. I've used Creme de Corps for a few months now and love it. I also use the leave in from Kiehls.....love love love. Decided to try this one after seeing it on their site. I'd been using Dove forever and liked it but it just wasn't giving me enough protection on really hot days. I tried this---thought why not....and I love it. I first tested it last evening to see if I'd wake up fresh...and I did. I put it on again today...hot day..and no wetness..no smell..nothing and I wore a linen blazer today (lined) and I was still fresh. Unbelievable. I was used to the Dove and other deodorants just giving me so-so protection....the reality was that by the end of the day or even mid day I'd end up smelling like a Dove and sweat mixture under my arms...not pleasant. I couldn't wait to shower it off. I didn't think there was anything better so I just put up with it. Now that I've found this product..I will never stop using it. I love it! GOOD STUFF!

on 6/2/2007 11:28:00 PM

Update: Ok, in moments of utter desperation, I finally figured it out and will share it with those looking here. I realized traditional deodorants/antiperspirants left a residual that built up over time. They are made to block sweat ducts and in doing so they also clog in skin & bacteria. Don't believe me, try washing your hands after you get deodorant on them--the yucky feeling is hard to get off. Not only does this crap build up, it transfers onto clothes. All that caked on old skin, bacteria & deodorant gets on everything from jackets to bras. You must CLEAN everything you have ever worn. Thoroughly. The items that cannot be cleaned--chuck. No point in reinnoculating yourself. After doing all this, I scrubed my armpits everyday with a loofah or new washcloth. Followed it with a swipe of rubbing alcohol on a cotton pad--one pad per armpit. Then adding the Kiehl's after it dries. I do this every night. In the morning, I just put a light layer on again before getting dressed and I have passed every sniff test--even when I started sweating again. I think this Kiehl's is just the right consistency to wash off cleanly. Certain Dri never worked for me. It burned like crazy. This new method works so much better. Will never go back to regular deodorant. This is, hands up, the best deodorant/antiperspirant I have ever tried. Before I finished my first tube I made sure to buy two more so that I wound never run out. This is the only deodorant/antiperspirant that works on me. I even like the tube it comes in--makes it look like it is hand cream instead of deodorant.

on 5/10/2007 5:54:00 AM

This deodorant is amazing!! It will keep you dry just as well as any prescription deodorant and will not stain your clothes or irratate your skin. The price is a bit steep, but I will gladly pay because there is no other product like this on the market.

on 5/5/2007 2:41:00 AM

Unlike many reviewers here, I actually really like the packaging ---- it's light weight, compact, doesn't look like deodorant, but most of all, it strikes me as the most hygenic packaging aside from a spray, as the contamination of product is kept to a minimum. Alas, that's probably its best feature. The smell is good/minimal, the feel is nice, I also didn't find it took particularly long to dry (same amount of time as regular deodorants/antiperspirants). Unfortunately however, it was a COMPLETE LET DOWN both in terms of demonstrating average abilities as far as controlling sweat and smell. $15 cdn well spent. Yeah.

on 4/19/2007 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

HG HG HG HG! Wow, this is the best anti-perspriant + deodorant I have ever used. I bought it based upon the great reviews here on MUA, and I have not been disappointed. Previously, I had been using the "clear" versions of Secret, Degree, or Dove. I found that Secret (with its so-called "Olay moisturizers") did not keep me very dry, did not keep me smelling clean, and caused white marks on my clothes. The "Olay moisturizers" are a marketing gimmick if you actually look at the ingredients - nothing special there. Degree Ultra-clear I couldn't stand to use because I thought it smelled terrible. Dove was nice because the formula was gentle and I thought it stayed clear, but it definitely did not keep me dry or smelling clean, either. Voila, along came Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream. Yes, it's expensive - but worth it. The cream formula is a bit odd and I find applying it a tiny bit awkward, but not too bad. I have to let it dry while I do my hair and before I get dressed. I've found that the Kiehl's a) does not irritate my underarms; b) keeps me drier than any other formula I've ever used (yes, I still get dampness when I exercise, but that is to be expected); c) does not cause any white residue on my clothing or clump on my underarm skin (gross); and d) keeps me smelling clean! This Kiehl's formula does not have a distinct scent to it at all, which is fine with me because it keeps me from smelling bad. I will repurchase this again and again.

on 4/14/2007 1:19:00 AM

This deodorant is amazing! Until using this, I had never in my life felt dry and fresh at the end of the day without having to reapply deodorant. I love that it's unscented, too -- I always hate the scented ones unless they smell like baby powder. This might be weird, but I apply it with my fingers, like I would a moisturizer. A really thin layer is all you need.