April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Deodorants - Kiehls - Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2007 2:41:00 AM More reviews by jane___doe

Unlike many reviewers here, I actually really like the packaging ---- it's light weight, compact, doesn't look like deodorant, but most of all, it strikes me as the most hygenic packaging aside from a spray, as the contamination of product is kept to a minimum. Alas, that's probably its best feature. The smell is good/minimal, the feel is nice, I also didn't find it took particularly long to dry (same amount of time as regular deodorants/antiperspirants). Unfortunately however, it was a COMPLETE LET DOWN both in terms of demonstrating average abilities as far as controlling sweat and smell. $15 cdn well spent. Yeah.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by watergirl78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG HG HG HG! Wow, this is the best anti-perspriant + deodorant I have ever used. I bought it based upon the great reviews here on MUA, and I have not been disappointed. Previously, I had been using the "clear" versions of Secret, Degree, or Dove. I found that Secret (with its so-called "Olay moisturizers") did not keep me very dry, did not keep me smelling clean, and caused white marks on my clothes. The "Olay moisturizers" are a marketing gimmick if you actually look at the ingredients - nothing special there. Degree Ultra-clear I couldn't stand to use because I thought it smelled terrible. Dove was nice because the formula was gentle and I thought it stayed clear, but it definitely did not keep me dry or smelling clean, either. Voila, along came Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream. Yes, it's expensive - but worth it. The cream formula is a bit odd and I find applying it a tiny bit awkward, but not too bad. I have to let it dry while I do my hair and before I get dressed. I've found that the Kiehl's a) does not irritate my underarms; b) keeps me drier than any other formula I've ever used (yes, I still get dampness when I exercise, but that is to be expected); c) does not cause any white residue on my clothing or clump on my underarm skin (gross); and d) keeps me smelling clean! This Kiehl's formula does not have a distinct scent to it at all, which is fine with me because it keeps me from smelling bad. I will repurchase this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by lisakay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This deodorant is amazing! Until using this, I had never in my life felt dry and fresh at the end of the day without having to reapply deodorant. I love that it's unscented, too -- I always hate the scented ones unless they smell like baby powder. This might be weird, but I apply it with my fingers, like I would a moisturizer. A really thin layer is all you need.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2007 4:42:00 AM More reviews by Meisje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iíve been in search for a decent deodorant for ages. I hate underarm dampness and Iím very conscious about body odour. Normally I prefer sprays because theyíre drier and work better (I think) but I bought this after reading so many positive reviews.

This takes a while to dry when you put it on (a little too long for my liking) but once it dries, it stays dry and you donít get stinky.

I went on an all day marathon shopping the other day, walking for miles and trying on lots of clothes, and it lasted really well.

Yesterday I ran around all day at work, went to an appointment straight from work then went to a heavy duty gym class. When I got home and took my top off my armpits were dry and I didnít smell at all.

Miracle!

It says on the packet that it will make your underarm hairs softer. I donít have hair because I had it lasered but Iíve noticed that my underarm skin is incredibly smooth after only a few daysí use. For something industrial strength its incredibly gentle.

My only ďnegativeĒ is the drying time when you put it on but for the other benefits, its worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2007 11:05:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is absolutely the best I've ever used. Packaging is interesting too. Product comes out of a small hole and tube is made in such a way to facilitate sliding around the underarms. It dries very quickly, and has no scent so you can still wear perfume over it. HG status! Mine was last one in stock when I bought it so hopefully new stock will arrive soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Oatybix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank you MUA!!!! I'd never heard of this until I read the reviews here - all of which are true. I've had excessive prespiration misery since adolescence, and in summer I have to change my top twice or more a day, even with two showers a day and strong deodorant.

This product literally stops you sweating. You stay dry. It feels like a miracle! Others have said the packaging is inconvenient, and I agree. However, on the plus side, the packaging does not look like deodorant, far less an 'industrial' one - so to the casual observer it's just another cute moisturiser and nothing to be embarrassed about.

I'm in the UK and I paid £9.50 for this in House of Fraser, and it's also stocked in Space NK. I got two very generous moisturiser samples thrown in too. It's on the Kiehls wesite for $11.50 at the moment which would be about six quid - worth stocking up if visiting the States then.

I can't see me using any other deodorant now. The price is worth it - I was seriously considering underarm botox this year, but now won't have to. Thanks again for these reviews!! Love MUA!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2007 5:03:00 PM More reviews by HoldMeGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream really is an effective product that does what it claims. No wetness, no odor and no awful white marks. It does feel a bit odd when applying this product, as the cream feels as though it is wet, but it dries fairly quickly. There was no scent that I could notice, but it kept me odor-free and wetness-free all day, even when I was living in Florida. The packaging is a bit difficult to use after more than half of the product is missing, but it's not something that would cause me enough inconvenience to stop using it. Unfortunately, this cream caused my sensitive skin to break out, but that is the ONLY reason I won't be purchasing it again. If I weren't sensitive to one of the ingredients, I would use this product daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by schoolteacher

This cream is great. It protects all day and doesn't leave white marks on your clothes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2007 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jenwitz

Great product! I only gave it four stars because it does go on rather wet. But once you let let it dry( I blow dry my hair during this drying process) it is awsome! NO white marks at all. I have had not ONE ingrown hair under my arms since I have been using thiis stuff ( around a year) I used to get them often! WOrth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by drgarza

I have been using this deodorant for over 3 years. I love it! This is the only deodorant able to control my excessive perspiration. Goes only smoothly and doesn't sting.

It only comes in a small tube, and normally I buy multiples at one time so I don't run out. Because I'm determined to use every drop of it, the packaging doesn't really allow the last amount of product to be squeezed out. So normally I have to cut the end of the tube with scissors, and I get about 1-2 week more uses (hey, it's not cheap!). It is costly, but well worth it!