November 22, 2014 | 1834 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2005 2:08:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't usually buy pinks (this is warm pink on my lips) but it really matches my skin tone (which is 1 in 100). I am addicted to the original burts bees lip balm so I had to get this! It doesn't last long, about the same time as the burts bees lip balm. I'm not sure about "shimmers" but there is definately colour and I do like this.

EDIT//I would buy this again, no pink seems to fit me like this one does... and I lost it. ooo... though it's not cheap for a tiny tube at 7CAD. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2005 9:18:00 AM More reviews by chargeit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These lip shimmers are pretty nice. The colors are pretty, but they should get some more natural looking shades IMO, like a pinky-nude, nude and a light red-pink, sorta like this one, but more natural looking. The minty tingle is the best. This color is a nice red-pink, but too bright for my taste unless I apply super-sheerly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2005 11:58:00 PM More reviews by pelikandaughter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would absolutely buy this product again. It is very subtle and works well with my pale skin. I also have this in raisin which I like to wear at night. I know it is not much like a lipstick, but I have a big mouth and have always felt self-conscious, like I was wearing wax lips when I would put on most lipsticks or even some deeply tinted glosses. It does not last terribly long, but not being a lipstick wearer this doesn't bother me. And, I like reapplying it - it makes me feel like a real girl with lipstick for once!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2005 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Amandafly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a cool toned red with a nice menthol tingle and slim little packaging. This goes great with my coloring and it's perfect for when I'm on the go. I have in watermelon but this is my favorite shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2005 12:34:00 AM More reviews by DreeM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When you first apply it has a nice tingly feel. Doesn't last long, but I didn't expect it to. Pretty shade--the color works for my fair skin & blue eys-- it's a pretty mauve-pink shade on me, slightly brighter than my bare lips. Moisturizes well, but doesn't stay on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2005 11:12:00 PM More reviews by ahryb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the peppermint smell of these "lip shimmers" and the slim design. They are reasonably priced (around $4) for what you get. They are moisturizing and as noted by other reviewers, don't really have what I think of as "shimmer." However, they are not completely matte and not totally glossy either, providing a nice look for a casual day or the office. I was frightened that this color was just going to be over-the-top-bright pink on me after several reviewers noted this. (I have to be very careful with pinks IMO even though I am fair with pink undertones and blue eyes). I used nude/brownish liner, didn't apply it too heavily.... and I thought it looked great! Not garish bright and not little-girl pink but enough to brighten up my look and make me feel 'younger.' I also thought it had pretty good staying power for being a moisturizing lip product and I didn't have to reapply that often. Definitely a good purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the same lovely smell as the other Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, but this color - Rhubarb - is a very bright pink shade on me. I like it, but I have to apply it sheerly or I look ridiculous! I doubt I would rebuy this shade, because I like others more than this one...Nutmeg and Watermelon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2005 1:09:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

just to clarify -- id buy this again, but probably in a different color. rhubarb is a tad too cool and bright of a reddish pink for my NC40 asian complexion, but if applied very lightly, looks pretty. i love the minty taste and tingly feeling, and this keeps my lips moisturized for a long time. during my no makeup days, i alternate between this, my bonne bell dr. pepper lipsmacker for a more subtle tint, and my badger tangerine lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2005 2:59:00 PM More reviews by khaosan_carrie

As a lip gloss fanatic/hunting for good ones, I liked the color of the rhubarb lip color. It matches well with my fair skin tone and is a good, wear to work lip balm with a tint. I'll definitely agree that it's a little more pink than what I was hoping for, but it's a good pink that doesn't make a fair skinned person look foolish in an obvious pink. I found mine at an upscale, organic store where it was a little more pricey than a drugstore. Still, it's a great product for little expense.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2005 2:57:00 AM More reviews by wubblybubbly

The texture of this is fanbloodytastic but the colour is $!#*. I wouldn't say that this was the colour of rhubarb at all. It looks orange on my lips, and the more I apply, the worse it gets. I like the packaging though. It's a good size for my pocket or handbag and the super-slim tube looks good too. For reference, I have pigmented lips, light-olive skin, brunette, brown eyes.