Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/25/2005 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

After being sorely disappointed by the hideous orange tones in the "Coffee" shade, I thought I'd give these Lip Shimmers another spin, and I'm glad I tried "Rhubarb"! I'm a yellow-toned PPP with brown eyes/hair, and while I wouldn't call this a "warm golden pink" as advertised, it is a nice neutral watermelon pink that I think would flatter all lighter complexions. Brightens rather than washes-out the lips. Great lasting power, too! I like the slimline applicator, natural formula, and peppermint scent. I find these fairly moisturizing; on the downside, the product tends to bleed onto your teeth unless you do something about that. My trick is to put my index finger in my mouth after I've applied lipcolor; the excess comes off on my finger instead of getting on my teeth.

on 11/15/2005 11:06:00 PM

**Update, over the past 5 years I've bought and completely used up 3 tubes of this stuff. Love it. I am looking for something with more staying power now, but if I don't find it I'll come back to BB.**

I have dark blonde hair with reddish tones, fair skin, and blue eyes, and on my lips this color looks like a pink tube of Color Juice by L'Oreal (except Color Juices' don't leave color on my lips!). Rhubarb gives me a medium sheer pink color and enough shine to make me look alive at work.

on 11/5/2005 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't usually buy pinks (this is warm pink on my lips) but it really matches my skin tone (which is 1 in 100). I am addicted to the original burts bees lip balm so I had to get this! It doesn't last long, about the same time as the burts bees lip balm. I'm not sure about "shimmers" but there is definately colour and I do like this.

EDIT//I would buy this again, no pink seems to fit me like this one does... and I lost it. ooo... though it's not cheap for a tiny tube at 7CAD. continued >>

on 10/30/2005 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These lip shimmers are pretty nice. The colors are pretty, but they should get some more natural looking shades IMO, like a pinky-nude, nude and a light red-pink, sorta like this one, but more natural looking. The minty tingle is the best. This color is a nice red-pink, but too bright for my taste unless I apply super-sheerly.

I would absolutely buy this product again. It is very subtle and works well with my pale skin. I also have this in raisin which I like to wear at night. I know it is not much like a lipstick, but I have a big mouth and have always felt self-conscious, like I was wearing wax lips when I would put on most lipsticks or even some deeply tinted glosses. It does not last terribly long, but not being a lipstick wearer this doesn't bother me. And, I like reapplying it - it makes me feel like a real girl with lipstick for once!

on 9/25/2005 9:24:00 PM

This is a cool toned red with a nice menthol tingle and slim little packaging. This goes great with my coloring and it's perfect for when I'm on the go. I have in watermelon but this is my favorite shade.

on 9/17/2005 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

When you first apply it has a nice tingly feel. Doesn't last long, but I didn't expect it to. Pretty shade--the color works for my fair skin & blue eys-- it's a pretty mauve-pink shade on me, slightly brighter than my bare lips. Moisturizes well, but doesn't stay on.

on 9/16/2005 11:12:00 PM

I love the peppermint smell of these "lip shimmers" and the slim design. They are reasonably priced (around $4) for what you get. They are moisturizing and as noted by other reviewers, don't really have what I think of as "shimmer." However, they are not completely matte and not totally glossy either, providing a nice look for a casual day or the office. I was frightened that this color was just going to be over-the-top-bright pink on me after several reviewers noted this. (I have to be very careful with pinks IMO even though I am fair with pink undertones and blue eyes). I used nude/brownish liner, didn't apply it too heavily.... and I thought it looked great! Not garish bright and not little-girl pink but enough to brighten up my look and make me feel 'younger.' I also thought it had pretty good staying power for being a moisturizing lip product and I didn't have to reapply that often. Definitely a good purchase!

on 9/6/2005 4:06:00 PM

This is the same lovely smell as the other Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, but this color - Rhubarb - is a very bright pink shade on me. I like it, but I have to apply it sheerly or I look ridiculous! I doubt I would rebuy this shade, because I like others more than this one...Nutmeg and Watermelon.

on 7/21/2005 1:09:00 AM

just to clarify -- id buy this again, but probably in a different color. rhubarb is a tad too cool and bright of a reddish pink for my NC40 asian complexion, but if applied very lightly, looks pretty. i love the minty taste and tingly feeling, and this keeps my lips moisturized for a long time. during my no makeup days, i alternate between this, my bonne bell dr. pepper lipsmacker for a more subtle tint, and my badger tangerine lip balm.