April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by nabz

I guess the only good thing about this product is the packaging. Pricing is a little bit on the high end but still lower than most department brands (Shiseido, Dior etc.)

I really wanted this to work and was keen on trying the line. So i got myself the trial pack (Cleanance cleanser, Cleanance moisturizer, Cleanance K and the thermal water spray). Even though i have no complains for the spray and cleanser, the cleanance K is of much dissapointment.

I don't know if it's an initial purge but the reaction is enough to scare me to stop using it and trash it (lucky me it's only a 5ml tube as opposed to the full size). In the space of less than a week i have to deal with 2 massive cystic pimples and i've also noticed the whiteheads on my forehead seem to multiply too. Sigh. This is not for me. I'm moving on to PC BHA 2% soon, hopefully that will work *fingers crossed*

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by cmwongera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product did not do anything for my blemishes. I had acne that i have managed to control and was only looking for something to help with the blemishes.
This NO NO! It made me break out in places that I have never had any problems with in all my 5 yrs of acne. The first week of use was ok, but in the second week, i had several whiteheads all over and it was really disappointing. Now i am back to acne cure, with my most beautiful zones also affected.
I hate the smell too and the burning sensation. I got a recommendation from the parashop and should have read reviews before the purchase. I see many posts with reactions similar to mine. I only bought it without so much thought since the price was low.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

I want to love this. In some ways I do, but the cons are outweighing the pros so far.

I don't mind the smell. It's a little weird but not too bad and fades fairly quickly. I'd rather it smell odd than have fragrance.
The texture is nice. Applies well.

Refines like a dream. Smooths out and reduces the uneven texture left by old blemishes. Exfoliates wonderfully. Fades the residual redness from old blemishes. Doesn't dry me out.

BUT... Nothing for blackheads. Actually, it gave me blackheads and totally counteracted the pore clearing efforts of my Finacea (which I use in the AM). Additionally, I experienced patches of clogged pores and one or two new whiteheads regularly. Disappointing because I finally had my skin relatively clear.
Initially, I chalked it up to purging. Held out for a few weeks and went up from every other night to every night. Unfortunately I saw no signs of this letting up and started getting more and more blackheads. Would have held out a bit longer if not for the worsening blackheads.

Stopped using it and the blackheads have cleared. The patches of clogged pores are persisting though.

For now, this is a no-go for me, unfortunately. Such a shame. I suspect the cyclomethicone may be the problem for me.
Maybe if it contained more BHA it would work better for me.

I will probably give this another shot at some point. Will report back when I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by pandemonia2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh dear lord! This is by far the best - what was it 8? - I've ever spent! I fell in love with this the first day I used it but have been holding off from reviewing it until I'd given it a fair trial. Also note - I've never been inclined to review a cosmetic product before. The very first time I used it, within a few hours my skin felt smoother than it had in years. It also cleared up some spots overnight, the first night.

As many have noted here, it seems to break you out in more spots at first. That was my experience on the second day. I had spots that were worse than usual, and in places I don't usually get spots. I felt miserable, but was reading the reviews on here and decided to persevere. Within two days, this bad patch had passed and my skin resumed it's clear-up.

I have been using Avene K for two weeks now and my skin is looking the best it's looked in ages. Nearly all my spots have gone - and the redness of the old spots is now almost entirely gone. And the lovely bonus is that my overall skin condition is so much better. My skin seems fresher and tighter and glowier!

I had a skin consultation a few months ago where I was advised to have glycolic peels and microdemabrasion. The consultant warned me that my skin would get worse before it got better. So I think that is very much what happens with Avene Clearance K. And in two weeks, on 8 (well, less - because I've only used a small amount of the tube) I have achieved what I was hoping to achieve in weeks of treatments for hundreds on pounds. I'm so glad I tried this first.

My doctor prescribed me antibiotics and differin cream. I didn't find the abtibiotics made any difference. The Differin cream definately did some serious spot-blitzing but dried my skin out horribly - so I ended up trying a balancing act between Differin and evening primrose oil. But with Avene clearance K I don't even find I need to moisturise. It just seems to be adjusting my skin to its natural balance.

I also find that every couple of days using a scrub like Neutrogena's warming scrub, helps the process along.

A note about applying make-up. Because this is quite a sticky treatment, what I have done is apply it, wait 10 or 15 minutes and then place a tissue over my face and just blot the absolute excess. I use mineral make up (Lily Lolo and Body Shop) and gently apply a thin layer of that. Once that fist fine layer is on, you can go to town, apply as usual without any balling up (that many have complained of with this product).

I hope others plagued by adult acne have the same wonderful experience.

***UPDATE*** I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and my skin continues to get better and better! I am mostly spot-free and when I do get spots they are treated quickly. And the redness and bumps of old spots has nearly completely disappeared too. I'm so thrilled. It's been so long since my skin last looked like this. ***

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by veronicabravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot even tell you how thrilled I am with this product.

I have been an acne sufferer for over a decade (12-24) and decided for my 24th birthday I wanted to have a face that I would no longer feel I had to apple makeup to before I went out. My skin has changed in the past few years as a result of aging and stopping hormonal birth control meaning that I had begun to breakout slightly less often, with fewer cysts. Still it was not uncommon for me to wake up with a new pimple or two every day and constantly have red marks that take forever to fade from my very, very pale skin.

I researched many different treatments options that would meet my needs: gentle for my very sensitive skin, prevent breakouts and most importantly help diminish all the red marks that I had on my face. I found two good candidates and decided to try cleanance K first because it was FAR less expensive than the other option.

I have now been using this product for four months now and the change is astounding. The first month was a bit rough. There is always a period of transition to a product and I found that in the first weeks after I started using cleanance K I did break out quite a bit. I had suspected I would, and kept using the product anyway. I'm really glad I did.

My cleansing routine is very simple now: wash my face twice a day with spectro derm (amazing cleanser available in Canada) and use cleanance K every second night. I found that using it every night was too drying for my skin, and additionally I added Avene's cleanance AC moisturizer to my regime which I apply after I wash my face (except when I'm applying cleanance K).

Four months later and I don't feel like I have to put on any makeup before I leave the house anymore! After a decade spent with barely a single day that I didn't apply foundation, powder, concealer, etc I cannot tell you how amazing this is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 5:26:00 AM More reviews by pepperygirl

To be honest, I do not like this product.
It claims to eliminate blackheads-blemishes but it did not
help at all. I am not acne prone or anything but I do have occasional blemishes. I too do not like the smell. Besides this I think I am kind of
allegy to it. It gives me a hot feeling. Felt that it was a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by ashjade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just started using this recently. i used to use proactiv and loved it at first... until my skin got used to it and it started to no longer work on me. after stopping, my skin broke out since it was dependent on proactiv. so i decided to try this product out, which was suggested to me by the sales associate. she said that avene is great for people with sensitive/acne-prone skin. i bought this along with the cleance soap-free gel cleanser, toner and that spiffy thermal spring water spray. i used it right away before going to bed. the next morning, my pimples and blemishes, which have been plaguing me for weeks, were radically diminished! i was sooooo pleased with the results because vichy didn't work for me.
so, i've been using this product for a couple of days now along with my cousin. we have both noticed that we have fewer bumps on our faces.
at first, i only used this product at night since whenever i put makeup over it, everything would start balling up and clumping... but i've decided to give it another chance this morning. this time i waited 10-15 minutes before putting makeup on, it was perfectly fine. but son't forget to use sunblock ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 2:52:00 PM More reviews by lmat79

After only one week I am in love. For the past year I have tried so many brands (erno laszlo, natura bisse, revive, kate somerville, neutrogena, la roche posay, etc) to deal with redness and blemishes. Nothing worked! Then I ordered the cleanance line from avene. The redness is gone and my blemishes are healing very fast and no new ones. I'm wearing less makeup and even getting compliments on my skin. The best part is that unlike some products I've tried my skin is not dry or itchy, it just looks like healthy skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 8:36:00 PM More reviews by snake_hips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no idea why this is listed as a moisturizer; it is definitely a treatment. I have to use an additional moisturizer over it (or sunscreen during the day), though I suppose someone very oily may not need anything else. You definitely need to use sun protection while on this product! I love the gentle exfoliation it provides. My pores are clearing up and my breakouts have greatly diminished. I will definitely keep repurchasing this as long as it works. Oh and the fragrance is nice and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I have found that if you use a very light amount and a moisturizer over it, and apply your foundation gently with your fingers, it will not ball up when you apply makeup. Overall, this is a really great product for the price. I wish it was available in US drugstores!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Didiniumbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

So I just bought my second tube of this cream-gel, the first time I used it three years ago when they had by the way not yet changed the smell, it is at least a medium to intense smell which however does not last a long time. The smell is now more suitable for men than before I'd say, still like it but it's just different from the imo perfect scent it was before.
Because of the silicone it goes on and feels extremely smoothly and at daytime lets my make-up look good as long as I don't take really much gel and rub my skin which usually makes it flake.
I have a normal to combination skin leaning slightly towards the dryer side, it doesn't dry my skin out but conditions it just enough, though I do use other creams for moisturizing on top of it when needed every few days.
My skin is sensitive to a lot of things, not acids commonly used in skincare though and can handle a lot in that respect. I have never experienced irritaion because of the gel, no redness or itching, just light burning after peelings or on sore areas.
I had a reaction when I put it on my rather wrecked skin from BPO as my skin got even more red and burning than it already was, and I also suggest you keep it away from your eyes as this will most likely really hurt. But aside from that I find if fairly mild when used correctly on my skin.

Now on to the effects on my blemishes; they aren't massive, not even acne but I want to get rid of them and this cream-gel fortunately does its job. My pimples slowly decrease, I get less whiteheads and the large pores on my nose stop getting inflamed and maybe shrink a little too. My skin has gotten so bad because of my diet, as soon as I eat healthy again my skin will aditionally clear up even more.

A little goes quite a long way, not nearly as long as the facewash but it's ok. Finally, it cost me 13 for 40ml.
I'll report and update on how this tube now continues to work on me.