December 21, 2014 | 1722 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by debx

Am I the only one who has this reaction? i've been using this product for 2 weeks and I just keeep breaking out from it! I'm confused. I keep convincing myself that the product is meant to CLEAR my face. And I can't bear to stop using this product because of the amount I spent on it, and yet it just doesn't seem to do anything but give me more pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by beautyisskindeep18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mhmm im not sold on this product.
Unfortunatly i have to agree with alot of the reviews on here ....the first few weeks using this product are great and it does seem to help. But then all of a sudden its like it just ceases working. I did persist and buy another tube but i saw no continue improvements.
Upside-for an acne treatment i think its quite gentle on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Mutschi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW wow and wow again!! This stuff is amazing!! It`s a treatment, not a moisturizer btw. Ok.. I`ve been using Avene`s Diacneal almost nightly to treat my acne-prone skin and have some anti-aging action from the Retinaldehydes and it was working well.
But I still got those cystic pimples from time to time (dermatologist says hormonal) and a few clogged pores on my cheeks. I`ve been using the cleanance mask with AHA and BHA 2x a week to deep cleanse my skin from time to time and loved it so I decided to try the fitting treatment (cleanance k) as well. What a good idea this was!
I started using this a week ago and my skin looks supple, even-toned and the blackheads are completely gone (for the first time in years) and the clogs are less AND no new cyst!! The leftover marks are healing quickly too.
I plan to alternate this with diacneal nightly to get the most out of both products.
I also tried to put this under my foundation which worked but I also use sunscreen and this plus sunscreen balled up and peeled off in little flakes so I will stick using this as night. I also thought that this would dry me out but it didn`t. YAY a keeper!! :-))
For reference: I have dry, sensitive, acne/clog- prone skin.
Update: I still like this but I have found MaMa lotion which works faster for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2009 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jenniegirl

if im not wrong, this is something like differin gel. it peels gently the top layers of the skin and is good for congested skin or mild to moderate acne. My skin is full of clogs and small pimples and i was recommended to use either this or the spot treatment gel, diacneal would be too harsh for me.

i used it for a week or so now, and have seen some improvements, will update and see.
current routine:

cetaphil
cleanance K

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 8:36:00 AM More reviews by MarionSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

While my skin has improved slightly after using half a bottle of this (maybe I will post again after using the entire bottle), it is not worth the price. Instead I recommend using the Diacneal with glycolic acid, which has been way more effective at clearing up acne scars, and blackheads.

I have noticed some of the red marks left over from my acne has decreased in size from using Cleanance but for the price I would have purchased something more effective.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2009 3:39:00 AM More reviews by nabz

I guess the only good thing about this product is the packaging. Pricing is a little bit on the high end but still lower than most department brands (Shiseido, Dior etc.)

I really wanted this to work and was keen on trying the line. So i got myself the trial pack (Cleanance cleanser, Cleanance moisturizer, Cleanance K and the thermal water spray). Even though i have no complains for the spray and cleanser, the cleanance K is of much dissapointment.

I don't know if it's an initial purge but the reaction is enough to scare me to stop using it and trash it (lucky me it's only a 5ml tube as opposed to the full size). In the space of less than a week i have to deal with 2 massive cystic pimples and i've also noticed the whiteheads on my forehead seem to multiply too. Sigh. This is not for me. I'm moving on to PC BHA 2% soon, hopefully that will work *fingers crossed*

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by cmwongera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product did not do anything for my blemishes. I had acne that i have managed to control and was only looking for something to help with the blemishes.
This NO NO! It made me break out in places that I have never had any problems with in all my 5 yrs of acne. The first week of use was ok, but in the second week, i had several whiteheads all over and it was really disappointing. Now i am back to acne cure, with my most beautiful zones also affected.
I hate the smell too and the burning sensation. I got a recommendation from the parashop and should have read reviews before the purchase. I see many posts with reactions similar to mine. I only bought it without so much thought since the price was low.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by meriellyn

I want to love this. In some ways I do, but the cons are outweighing the pros so far.

I don't mind the smell. It's a little weird but not too bad and fades fairly quickly. I'd rather it smell odd than have fragrance.
The texture is nice. Applies well.

Refines like a dream. Smooths out and reduces the uneven texture left by old blemishes. Exfoliates wonderfully. Fades the residual redness from old blemishes. Doesn't dry me out.

BUT... Nothing for blackheads. Actually, it gave me blackheads and totally counteracted the pore clearing efforts of my Finacea (which I use in the AM). Additionally, I experienced patches of clogged pores and one or two new whiteheads regularly. Disappointing because I finally had my skin relatively clear.
Initially, I chalked it up to purging. Held out for a few weeks and went up from every other night to every night. Unfortunately I saw no signs of this letting up and started getting more and more blackheads. Would have held out a bit longer if not for the worsening blackheads.

Stopped using it and the blackheads have cleared. The patches of clogged pores are persisting though.

For now, this is a no-go for me, unfortunately. Such a shame. I suspect the cyclomethicone may be the problem for me.
Maybe if it contained more BHA it would work better for me.

I will probably give this another shot at some point. Will report back when I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by pandemonia2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh dear lord! This is by far the best - what was it 8? - I've ever spent! I fell in love with this the first day I used it but have been holding off from reviewing it until I'd given it a fair trial. Also note - I've never been inclined to review a cosmetic product before. The very first time I used it, within a few hours my skin felt smoother than it had in years. It also cleared up some spots overnight, the first night.

As many have noted here, it seems to break you out in more spots at first. That was my experience on the second day. I had spots that were worse than usual, and in places I don't usually get spots. I felt miserable, but was reading the reviews on here and decided to persevere. Within two days, this bad patch had passed and my skin resumed it's clear-up.

I have been using Avene K for two weeks now and my skin is looking the best it's looked in ages. Nearly all my spots have gone - and the redness of the old spots is now almost entirely gone. And the lovely bonus is that my overall skin condition is so much better. My skin seems fresher and tighter and glowier!

I had a skin consultation a few months ago where I was advised to have glycolic peels and microdemabrasion. The consultant warned me that my skin would get worse before it got better. So I think that is very much what happens with Avene Clearance K. And in two weeks, on 8 (well, less - because I've only used a small amount of the tube) I have achieved what I was hoping to achieve in weeks of treatments for hundreds on pounds. I'm so glad I tried this first.

My doctor prescribed me antibiotics and differin cream. I didn't find the abtibiotics made any difference. The Differin cream definately did some serious spot-blitzing but dried my skin out horribly - so I ended up trying a balancing act between Differin and evening primrose oil. But with Avene clearance K I don't even find I need to moisturise. It just seems to be adjusting my skin to its natural balance.

I also find that every couple of days using a scrub like Neutrogena's warming scrub, helps the process along.

A note about applying make-up. Because this is quite a sticky treatment, what I have done is apply it, wait 10 or 15 minutes and then place a tissue over my face and just blot the absolute excess. I use mineral make up (Lily Lolo and Body Shop) and gently apply a thin layer of that. Once that fist fine layer is on, you can go to town, apply as usual without any balling up (that many have complained of with this product).

I hope others plagued by adult acne have the same wonderful experience.

***UPDATE*** I've been using this for about 6 weeks now and my skin continues to get better and better! I am mostly spot-free and when I do get spots they are treated quickly. And the redness and bumps of old spots has nearly completely disappeared too. I'm so thrilled. It's been so long since my skin last looked like this. ***

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by veronicabravo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cannot even tell you how thrilled I am with this product.

I have been an acne sufferer for over a decade (12-24) and decided for my 24th birthday I wanted to have a face that I would no longer feel I had to apple makeup to before I went out. My skin has changed in the past few years as a result of aging and stopping hormonal birth control meaning that I had begun to breakout slightly less often, with fewer cysts. Still it was not uncommon for me to wake up with a new pimple or two every day and constantly have red marks that take forever to fade from my very, very pale skin.

I researched many different treatments options that would meet my needs: gentle for my very sensitive skin, prevent breakouts and most importantly help diminish all the red marks that I had on my face. I found two good candidates and decided to try cleanance K first because it was FAR less expensive than the other option.

I have now been using this product for four months now and the change is astounding. The first month was a bit rough. There is always a period of transition to a product and I found that in the first weeks after I started using cleanance K I did break out quite a bit. I had suspected I would, and kept using the product anyway. I'm really glad I did.

My cleansing routine is very simple now: wash my face twice a day with spectro derm (amazing cleanser available in Canada) and use cleanance K every second night. I found that using it every night was too drying for my skin, and additionally I added Avene's cleanance AC moisturizer to my regime which I apply after I wash my face (except when I'm applying cleanance K).

Four months later and I don't feel like I have to put on any makeup before I leave the house anymore! After a decade spent with barely a single day that I didn't apply foundation, powder, concealer, etc I cannot tell you how amazing this is.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No