Avene Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

Avene  Cleanance K [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Avene Thermal Spring Water - Cyclomethicone - Water - Gylcolic Acid - Propylene Glycol - Glycerine - Polyacrylamide - Lactic Acid - Polymethyl Methacrylate - Sodium Hydroxide - C13-14 Isoparaffin - Disodium Phosphate - Bisabolol - Citric Acid - Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil - Dimethiconol - Disodium EDTA - Fragrance - Laureth-7 - Polysorbate 20 - Salicylic Acid - Zinc Gluconate

on 10/21/2009 4:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Have used this for two months.
My forehead is bumpy, red, clogged, and my chin and jawline is full of white pimples. It's worse than before I started this stuff (and yes, I used an SPF with it). I'm really, really unhappy that I wasted NZ$40 on something which has made me look uglier than I did in the first place. :~(
Edited to update: Tried this again last night just in case it was hormonal before. It has burned my face and made it swell and go dry and crack. Going in the bin. This stuff is just dangerous.

on 10/19/2009 10:03:00 PM

I have been using this for about 4 weeks and I love it. I have these little white bumps you can barely see on my chin which eventually turn into pimples after a couple of months. These pimples are red, painful and sometimes turn into whiteheads. I noticed that not only are these little white bumps disappearing, but also decreased the lifespan of my pimples by about 50%.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRODUCT
This product is only a treatment so should only be applied to affected areas. You should use another moisturizer on the rest of your face. It is designed to treat blackheads, whiteheads and moderate acne. It claims to cleanse and tighten pores, absorb and regulate oils, and have a fluid and non-greasy texture. It contains:
-50% thermal water (soothing, anti-inflammatory, anti-irritating)
-Curcubito Pepto extract, zinc gluconate and CTAB (oil regulating, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial)
-6% glycolic acid, 2%lactic acid, and 0.1% salicylic acid (keratolytic)
NOTE
To those who have been having bad reactions to this product, it may be because your skin is sensitive to the glycolic acid. This acid is a major exfoliant and therefore can irritate skin.

on 9/26/2009 10:47:00 AM

Am I the only one who has this reaction? i've been using this product for 2 weeks and I just keeep breaking out from it! I'm confused. I keep convincing myself that the product is meant to CLEAR my face. And I can't bear to stop using this product because of the amount I spent on it, and yet it just doesn't seem to do anything but give me more pimples.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Mhmm im not sold on this product.
Unfortunatly i have to agree with alot of the reviews on here ....the first few weeks using this product are great and it does seem to help. But then all of a sudden its like it just ceases working. I did persist and buy another tube but i saw no continue improvements.
Upside-for an acne treatment i think its quite gentle on your skin.

on 9/12/2009 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

WOW wow and wow again!! This stuff is amazing!! It`s a treatment, not a moisturizer btw. Ok.. I`ve been using Avene`s Diacneal almost nightly to treat my acne-prone skin and have some anti-aging action from the Retinaldehydes and it was working well.
But I still got those cystic pimples from time to time (dermatologist says hormonal) and a few clogged pores on my cheeks. I`ve been using the cleanance mask with AHA and BHA 2x a week to deep cleanse my skin from time to time and loved it so I decided to try the fitting treatment (cleanance k) as well. What a good idea this was!
I started using this a week ago and my skin looks supple, even-toned and the blackheads are completely gone (for the first time in years) and the clogs are less AND no new cyst!! The leftover marks are healing quickly too.
I plan to alternate this with diacneal nightly to get the most out of both products.
I also tried to put this under my foundation which worked but I also use sunscreen and this plus sunscreen balled up and peeled off in little flakes so I will stick using this as night. I also thought that this would dry me out but it didn`t. YAY a keeper!! :-))
For reference: I have dry, sensitive, acne/clog- prone skin.
Update: I still like this but I have found MaMa lotion which works faster for me.

on 8/31/2009 2:16:00 AM

if im not wrong, this is something like differin gel. it peels gently the top layers of the skin and is good for congested skin or mild to moderate acne. My skin is full of clogs and small pimples and i was recommended to use either this or the spot treatment gel, diacneal would be too harsh for me.

i used it for a week or so now, and have seen some improvements, will update and see.
current routine:
am
cetaphil facewash
gentle protective cream SPF15 avene

pm
cetaphil
cleanance K

on 8/17/2009 8:36:00 AM

While my skin has improved slightly after using half a bottle of this (maybe I will post again after using the entire bottle), it is not worth the price. Instead I recommend using the Diacneal with glycolic acid, which has been way more effective at clearing up acne scars, and blackheads.

I have noticed some of the red marks left over from my acne has decreased in size from using Cleanance but for the price I would have purchased something more effective.

on 7/14/2009 3:39:00 AM

I guess the only good thing about this product is the packaging. Pricing is a little bit on the high end but still lower than most department brands (Shiseido, Dior etc.)

I really wanted this to work and was keen on trying the line. So i got myself the trial pack (Cleanance cleanser, Cleanance moisturizer, Cleanance K and the thermal water spray). Even though i have no complains for the spray and cleanser, the cleanance K is of much dissapointment.

I don't know if it's an initial purge but the reaction is enough to scare me to stop using it and trash it (lucky me it's only a 5ml tube as opposed to the full size). In the space of less than a week i have to deal with 2 massive cystic pimples and i've also noticed the whiteheads on my forehead seem to multiply too. Sigh. This is not for me. I'm moving on to PC BHA 2% soon, hopefully that will work *fingers crossed*

on 7/5/2009 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This product did not do anything for my blemishes. I had acne that i have managed to control and was only looking for something to help with the blemishes.
This NO NO! It made me break out in places that I have never had any problems with in all my 5 yrs of acne. The first week of use was ok, but in the second week, i had several whiteheads all over and it was really disappointing. Now i am back to acne cure, with my most beautiful zones also affected.
I hate the smell too and the burning sensation. I got a recommendation from the parashop and should have read reviews before the purchase. I see many posts with reactions similar to mine. I only bought it without so much thought since the price was low.

on 6/11/2009 10:30:00 AM

I want to love this. In some ways I do, but the cons are outweighing the pros so far.

I don't mind the smell. It's a little weird but not too bad and fades fairly quickly. I'd rather it smell odd than have fragrance.
The texture is nice. Applies well.

Refines like a dream. Smooths out and reduces the uneven texture left by old blemishes. Exfoliates wonderfully. Fades the residual redness from old blemishes. Doesn't dry me out.

BUT... Nothing for blackheads. Actually, it gave me blackheads and totally counteracted the pore clearing efforts of my Finacea (which I use in the AM). Additionally, I experienced patches of clogged pores and one or two new whiteheads regularly. Disappointing because I finally had my skin relatively clear.
Initially, I chalked it up to purging. Held out for a few weeks and went up from every other night to every night. Unfortunately I saw no signs of this letting up and started getting more and more blackheads. Would have held out a bit longer if not for the worsening blackheads.

Stopped using it and the blackheads have cleared. The patches of clogged pores are persisting though.

For now, this is a no-go for me, unfortunately. Such a shame. I suspect the cyclomethicone may be the problem for me.
Maybe if it contained more BHA it would work better for me.

I will probably give this another shot at some point. Will report back when I do.

Popular Treatments (Face)