MAC Up The Amp

4.7

on 1/20/2011 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipstick SO MUCH! I love to use Up The Amp when I'm on a rush and all I have on is mascara and eyeliner. It gives my face a pop of color and makes me not look like a zombie. Lol. For sure a color that I'll keep rebuying and rebuying!

on 1/18/2011 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was really excited when I got this. Then I brought it home and realized it is an exact dupe for my Revlon's Berry Haute which is less than half the price. Great color though. But if you are thinking about getting this, save the money and get the Revlon lipstick.

on 1/18/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

i'm sorry but Up The Amp just doesn't work on me. i've been getting many recs of this lippie for my skintone. i was excited as this is such a unique & beautiful color in the tube. i thought it would show up as pinky purple. On my lips,it's straight up purple. no pink undertone at all. it looks disastrous against my warm toned yellow skin. i don't see any pretty pinkish purple hue that i see on other people pics wearing this lippie.

formula/finish: Amplified Creme. one of my fave finishes in MAC line of lipsticks. great pigmentation,beautiful finish.

staying power: great.

color: looks like creamy purple in the tube.

with Up The Amp,you gotta TRY it on first before buying. this lippie is the type which takes your coloring & pigmentation of lips into account whether it'll look fabulous or downright crap on lips. i think this will work wonderful with fair or dark skin,just not my tan NC35 skin with yellow/golden tones.

on 12/28/2010 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

it's a beautiful lipstick...i have never been a lipstick person but ever since i purchased my first lipstick from MAC, i am hooked! This is my third lipstick from MAC and its a gorgeous purplish-pink color...however its not a everyday regular lipcolor you can wear...but its definitely a must-have in your collection :) and also i love the amplified finish...i also find it to be long-lasting!!

on 12/27/2010 12:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was at my MAC counter looking for something new and different. My eyes went right to Up the Amp....have looked at lipstick display hundreds of times over the years and never ever picked this up. I had Chili on and I was in a hurry so I didn't want to removed it and reapply. I swiped it and my instinct told me it would work nicely, but maybe a little too dramatic for me. I settled on Courting Lilac (which they were out of). I ordered CT on line which I love, but I had UTA still in my head. I went to my MAC store this time w/a nude color on so I could try quickly. OMG.....my friend who I was w/loved it too and the M/A. I wore Snob to a Christmas party the day before, but felt the need for something a little deeper. This is an all season color w/the right clothing and makeup. Don't be afraid of this one. A cool tone skin w/blonde hair w/be equally beautiful too. I wear it w//bbq liner and it looks fabulous. It's a very unique shade, not to be duped easily. The Amplified formula is an added bonus....the texture works perfect w/the color.

on 12/18/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been searching for the perfect purple and this is it. I would wear it day or night and the formula is so creamy and very moisturising. I also love girl about town and this would be the perfect colour for those who may be a little afraid to plunge for GAT. I can't believe I have lived without this for so long! Amplified formulas are my favourite lipsticks by far, so much better than than the YSL rouge purs and about half the price! If you want to be noticed in a good way you can't go wrong with this one.

on 12/18/2010 2:35:00 PM

Love the look of this need a lipliner. I pair with night moth pencil liner. Love the deep purple pink very sexy with a winged black liquid liner or dark smokey eye.

on 11/10/2010 8:57:00 AM

If you are looking for the real purple tone lipcolor, this is the one...Absolutely gorgeous..love it!

on 10/29/2010 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love love love.

on 10/20/2010 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Everyone should GET THIS COLOR!!! I've been trying to look for a really nice purple/pink color that Alyssa Milano usually wears on Charmed (the TV series), and OMG...I have found it!!! I might just get another one just in case...It's that pretty!!! It's rich and can be worn either LIGHT or DARK..depending how much you lather on that sucker...it's very versatile and can be worn with so many looks...I LOVE IT!!! Hands down, one of the best colors yet!!

Popular Lipsticks