December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2005 11:37:00 AM More reviews by JWes

I love Ivory bar soap! It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry and stripped like other soaps do. And you can't beat the price! I switch back and forth between this and Dial's Pure & Gentle soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2005 5:59:00 PM More reviews by AndiSue1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Ivory bar soap since I was a young child. I have sensitive skin and this has never given me a problem. I know I will never break out or get a rash. I go back to it again and again. It has a VERY subtle scent that you really don't notice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by aligator

Ivory is so pure it floats. That is their slogan/guarantee.. I agree! I use this soap before I use my other body wash because it's free of perfumes and dyes so it's safe whereever! It does dry out your skin if you don't use lotion but that is because it's so pure it doesn't really have any moisturizing properties in it.. I know that if you use other scented perfumed soaps you can get an infection down there and I don't want that to ever happen!! So, I use Ivory because it's simple, pure and clean.. Enough said.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2004 12:33:00 PM More reviews by meganslove4ocean

nice soap- got it in my mouth when ever i started to talk trash when i was little...tastes awful...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Mica

My mother always told me not to use this soap, because someone had washed me with it when I was a baby and it gave me a terrible rash. When I was at a friend's house, I ended up showering with it anyway because it was all she had- I figured it was just too harsh for a baby. WRONG! It took me a week to get rid of the rash this soap gave me! I still think it's a good soap, but something in there is way too harsh for my sensitive skin. I love the way it smells, though... I'm sad I can't use this stuff. I guess I'll have to stick with Dove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 3:12:00 AM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this because it's a real hit of nostalgia for me - my Mom used to use this when she gave me baths when I was a tiny little kid. I love that it floats. Also love that sharp, distinctive smell. Irritates the heck out of my eyes if it gets there, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Sarita360

I can't believe this wasn't even listed, it's such a classic! I have dry skin to start, and although it dries me out more, I just put on baby oil while I'm still wet. It makes me a little dry, but I feel soft and clean. The bar feels nice in your hand as you wash. The smell is incredible, I love Ivory soap smell! Especially about an hour after I bathe, when there's a subtle whiff of the soap's fragrance mingled with the heat of my own body and the scent of my skin, mmmmmm! My boyfriend loves the smell, it's soft and fresh and doesn't compete with any of my perfumes, lotions, shampoos etc. (I'm very sensitive about that). Overall, it's my favorite soap, based almost completely on the scent (and the low low price)! Mmmmmmmmmmmm continued >>