July 22, 2014 | 2423 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Mica

My mother always told me not to use this soap, because someone had washed me with it when I was a baby and it gave me a terrible rash. When I was at a friend's house, I ended up showering with it anyway because it was all she had- I figured it was just too harsh for a baby. WRONG! It took me a week to get rid of the rash this soap gave me! I still think it's a good soap, but something in there is way too harsh for my sensitive skin. I love the way it smells, though... I'm sad I can't use this stuff. I guess I'll have to stick with Dove.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 3:12:00 AM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this because it's a real hit of nostalgia for me - my Mom used to use this when she gave me baths when I was a tiny little kid. I love that it floats. Also love that sharp, distinctive smell. Irritates the heck out of my eyes if it gets there, though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Sarita360

I can't believe this wasn't even listed, it's such a classic! I have dry skin to start, and although it dries me out more, I just put on baby oil while I'm still wet. It makes me a little dry, but I feel soft and clean. The bar feels nice in your hand as you wash. The smell is incredible, I love Ivory soap smell! Especially about an hour after I bathe, when there's a subtle whiff of the soap's fragrance mingled with the heat of my own body and the scent of my skin, mmmmmm! My boyfriend loves the smell, it's soft and fresh and doesn't compete with any of my perfumes, lotions, shampoos etc. (I'm very sensitive about that). Overall, it's my favorite soap, based almost completely on the scent (and the low low price)! Mmmmmmmmmmmm continued >>